General Nintendo Chat!

Comments

• brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    This is probably old news for some, but thought I'd mention it for those that don't know regarding eShop purchases.
    Obviously comparing prices is always the best way to go, but for some the conivieniance of eShop downloads wins regardless of price.
    As a WiiU newbie myself I recently found that you can purchase eShop download codes from Game.
    Purchasing via their site can either be the same price for the likes of WiiSports Club or for other titles a lot cheaper than the eShop price ie Super Mario 3D World is £49.99 on eShop, but via Game it's £39.99.
    So not only can you save on eShop prices but even if they're the same price it make sense to purchase the code via Game as you'll get the added bonus of getting Game Reward Points too.

If you have a Wii U premium bundle, then you also get the premium points on your NNID account for download codes bought from Game! So you get the game, usually at like £10 off (recently releases such as 3D world!), you get Game reward points, and then you get points for your NNID account!
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    If you have a Wii U premium bundle, then you also get the premium points on your NNID account for download codes bought from Game! So you get the game, usually at like £10 off (recently releases such as 3D world!), you get Game reward points, and then you get points for your NNID account!

Do you mean Club Nintendo points?
    They used to be worthwhile with Wii being able to transfer stars to Wii points, but they don't seem to do the same for eShop.
    I usually find the stuff in the Stars Catalogue pretty naff and then with anything worthwhile, by the time you've got anywhere near saving up enough to make a purchase they expire :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you mean Club Nintendo points?
    They used to be worthwhile with Wii being able to transfer stars to Wii points, but they don't seem to do the same for eShop.
    I usually find the stuff in the Stars Catalogue pretty naff and then with anything worthwhile, by the time you've got anywhere near saving up enough to make a purchase they expire :mad:

Nope. People who bought the Wii U Premium bundle get points for every purchase made on the eShop. Once you have 500 points, you get a £5 voucher! It says eShop only, but I always have received points when buying digital games from Game.

https://p.nintendo.net/premium/
    Forum Member
    Nope. People who bought the Wii U Premium bundle get points for every purchase made on the eShop. Once you have 500 points, you get a £5 voucher! It says eShop only, but I always have received points when buying digital games from Game.

https://p.nintendo.net/premium/

Oh yeah, I forgot all about that :D. I still need 366 points.
    It doesn't seem to be showing my bowling purchase from this morning yet. I will check again tomorrow.
  • omipaloneomipalone Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody manage to grab any of these deals earlier today?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/01/monster_savings_to_be_had_on_nintendo_uks_online_store_but_youll_want_to_be_quick

I gave it a go but didn't hold out much hope of my orders being honoured as it was clearly a pricing error (and have had orders refused on other shopping sites when they've made pricing errors).

However, I'm now downloading Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Mario & Luigi Dream Team and Donkey Kong 3D (total cost for all of them £34.80)

Well done Nintendo for honouring the orders rather than other online stores have done in the past.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omipalone wrote: »
    Anybody manage to grab any of these deals earlier today?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/01/monster_savings_to_be_had_on_nintendo_uks_online_store_but_youll_want_to_be_quick

I gave it a go but didn't hold out much hope of my orders being honoured as it was clearly a pricing error (and have had orders refused on other shopping sites when they've made pricing errors).

However, I'm now downloading Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Mario & Luigi Dream Team and Donkey Kong 3D (total cost for all of them £34.80)

Well done Nintendo for honouring the orders rather than other online stores have done in the past.

I've yet 2 play Pikmin3 or Wonderful101! ... Bought em on release-day but never got around 2 playing em! :blush: ... What's the verdict??? :)

(Dream team & DK are class!!!) :)
  • omipaloneomipalone Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I've yet 2 play Pikmin3 or Wonderful101! ... Bought em on release-day but never got around 2 playing em! :blush: ... What's the verdict??? :)

Pikmin - cuteness personified - quite like it so far.

Wonderful 101 - difficult to get the hang on the controls and there is a lot of stuff happening from the very start (maybe having a manual to read beforehand may help).

Dream Team & DK - already had the cartridges but wanted the downloaded version so I don't have to carry them around.

Am hoping that Nintendo learn from the price drops that they can get more people downloading games if there is a decent price difference between the physical version and the download version.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omipalone wrote: »
    Pikmin - cuteness personified - quite like it so far.

Wonderful 101 - difficult to get the hang on the controls and there is a lot of stuff happening from the very start (maybe having a manual to read beforehand may help).

Dream Team & DK - already had the cartridges but wanted the downloaded version so I don't have to carry them around.

Am hoping that Nintendo learn from the price drops that they can get more people downloading games if there is a decent price difference between the physical version and the download version.

Cool!!! .... Will fire em up nxt time I'm on the WiiU!!! :)

(There's been some great discounts on eshop lately!!! .... ZombiU for only £7 was magnificent value!) :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

With Pikmin, I think it's average. I honestly don't get the attraction to it. I really like how smooth the Wiimote is with it though. It feels extremely natural to play. With 101, I played the demo and found the controls awful so avoided it.

Really looking forward to Tropical Freeze! I'm wondering if Nintendo have any new games up their sleeves that aren't announced yet, though? They only have like 5 exclusives or so being released this year, so they need more to pad it out otherwise we could be going through a game drought again (especially since according to the new ONM, the majority of the games are released in Spring!).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    How is Pikmin anyway? Not sure whether to go for it or not. For the moment, I've recently started (and got addicted to) Rayman Legends and have quite a few games on my list of what to try next including Mario 3D World, Wonderful 101 and Tropical Freeze. Also want to get trying some of the Indie games on eShop too. Saw a trailer for Unepic recently and apparently it's released over here next week so thought that might be worth a shout too.
    Forum Member
    Just got my first £5 Premium Point reward to add to my eShop balance :)
    Purchased Super Mario 3D World using Game online download code for £39.99 and received £42 Premium Points for the pleasure, add Game Reward points on top and I've certainly been quids in with this purchase. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got my first £5 Premium Point reward to add to my eShop balance :)
    Purchased Super Mario 3D World using Game online download code for £39.99 and received £42 Premium Points for the pleasure, add Game Reward points on top and I've certainly been quids in with this purchase. :cool:

Yep! ... Great reward scheme is Premium Network! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eventually bought my first Mario Kart since I was a kid on the SNES! Thought I'd give it a whirl before 8 comes out.

I love it :D! It just feels right. Really feels awesome to play.
    Forum Member
    Eventually bought my first Mario Kart since I was a kid on the SNES! Thought I'd give it a whirl before 7 comes out.

Mario Kart 7 came out in 2011, sure you don't mean Mario Kart 8?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mario Kart 7 came out in 2011, sure you don't mean Mario Kart 8?

Yes. I meant I just bought 7 in prep for 8 *will edit* :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eventually bought my first Mario Kart since I was a kid on the SNES! Thought I'd give it a whirl before 8 comes out.

Which one did ya get? ... is Mario kart 7 the Wii version or 3DS??? :confused:

(& is the SNES version available via WiiU virtual console yet? ... I'd love 2 replay it!) :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got 7, which is for the 3DS. £30 download code from Game. It was the cheapest I've seen it. I believe the Wii version is just called Mario Kart Wii?

No Snes on VC yet! It's available in Japan though /fistshake.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got 7, which is for the 3DS. £30 download code from Game. It was the cheapest I've seen it. I believe the Wii version is just called Mario Kart Wii?

No Snes on VC yet! It's available in Japan though /fistshake.

Yep! ... Get practising cause I'll be racing ya online when the WiiU version arrives! :D

PS! Ya still getting Donkey Kong? /interested

(I was a little disappointed it only got 86% in ONM but I'm still gonna pickup a copy this Friday!) :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mario Kart 8 online will make me buy a Wii U Donkey Kong looks a blast as well. Need to get my funds together.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep! ... Get practising cause I'll be racing ya online when the WiiU version arrives! :D

PS! Ya still getting Donkey Kong? /interested

(I was a little disappointed it only got 86% in ONM but I'm still gonna pickup a copy this Friday!) :)

I had one game online and came 2nd last :blush: tbf, it's a track I've never played before, haha. Really liking the retro tracks! The music brings back a lot of memories with my younger brother - especially the balloon battle mode (although in snes, didn't the balloon move around you?!).

Not sure about DK. I have it preordered, but not sure if I have the time to play it :(! I have a pretty big back log from the Steam Sale still... but then, I like the keyring you get from Game AND it goes with my DK:CR 3DS preorder keyring! It looks a blast and whilst I enjoyed DK:CR (my first proper DK game!), it just felt like a cheap version of Mario that never quite made it? Meh! We'll see!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed donkey kong has a nice price for release £32.99 is a decent price point. I think definitely worth a go.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a quick heads up, but Rayman Legends for Wii U is currently only £9.99 in HMV. It's a cracking game that's definitely worth a look if you don't have it already.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had one game online and came 2nd last :blush: tbf, it's a track I've never played before, haha. Really liking the retro tracks! The music brings back a lot of memories with my younger brother - especially the balloon battle mode (although in snes, didn't the balloon move around you?!).

Not sure about DK. I have it preordered, but not sure if I have the time to play it :(! I have a pretty big back log from the Steam Sale still... but then, I like the keyring you get from Game AND it goes with my DK:CR 3DS preorder keyring! It looks a blast and whilst I enjoyed DK:CR (my first proper DK game!), it just felt like a cheap version of Mario that never quite made it? Meh! We'll see!

I can usually finish in the top 4 (sometimes even 1st) :D

(Mario Kart WiiU can't come soon enough! ... I'll be buying the eshop version no matter the price cause I know it'll be constantly used!) :cool:

As for Donkey Kong I'm just expecting more of the same! ... ie the 3DS version but will slightly sharper graphics! ... I'd love Tropical Freeze 2 reinvigorate the franchise but from what I've seen it ain't gonna happen! ... Still it's only £30 so providing it kills afew hours it'll have done its job! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    I noticed donkey kong has a nice price for release £32.99 is a decent price point. I think definitely worth a go.

Ya wanna try getting a basic 8GB (White) WiiU 2nd hand if ya don't wanna pay £250! :cool: ... That's what I'd do considering ya won't be playing it more then a handful of times per year! ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick heads up, but Rayman Legends for Wii U is currently only £9.99 in HMV. It's a cracking game that's definitely worth a look if you don't have it already.

Bargain! ... Anyone with a WiiU needs this game! /nuffsaid ;-)