People who text ALL the time!!

2»

Comments

• Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else, when they see someone walking and texting, think "I hope you walk into a lamppost"?

...no.
  • BahtatBahtat Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else, when they see someone walking and texting, think "I hope you walk into a lamppost"?

Yep, even seen it happen. Ooh it made my day.
  • coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    I completely agree. It extremely rude. I went on a night out with a friend once and she was constantly on her phone. Then she took offence when i asked her if she was bored.

Please tell me you sent her the question by text! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    A friend of mine texts her boyfriend EVERYTHING she's doing. Like one day we were going into the city and it was a busy train so we couldn't find a seat she text him the following

"Waiting on the train xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
    "Trains here xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
    "Can't find a seat Hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
    "Found one seat so I'm sharing it with paperplanes xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
    "Finally got a seat Hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

I wanted to ask who cares.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I was a teenager all my credit was used on texts. Now at the old age of 31 I rarely text cos I just can't be bothered. If I'm out with friends and get a text I check it when they go to the bar or the loo but I won't reply while we are having a conversation.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit to an increasing anger when I see these people constantly staring at/fiddling with their mobiles. I want to run up to them and harangue them. 'Just put the bl**dy phone down for a minute will you!' or 'What on Earth are you finding to text about all effing day?'

What is it all about - gossip, trivia, celebs, general bo!!ocks? These people must have incredibly empty lives.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to add OMG LOL :0) xx.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never understood how some have such an apparent active social life, that they can always be texting someone. But I guess people are checking social media too, these days.

Its annoying when i'm trying to have a conversation, and a person has their phone out in the open, diverting their attention to it every once in awhile.
  • Poppy99Poppy99 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    If I am out with friends and they are constantly checking phones and ignoring the real life (and scintillating company in front of them, i.e. me) I leave early and will say why or I never go out with them again. Real friends have got the message and have apologised, the others have drifted away. Why would I want to spend money on going out and just looking at the top of people's heads because they are too busy looking down at a machine?
  • MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    My daughter. All the time on her phone then laughing at something or other. I then talk to her she goes "aye" all the time (we're Scottish) and she does this to everything I say. I told her once, when she wasn't on the phone, that I could tell her there were aliens in our garden and she would say "aye"