Buying a Digital Camera Help!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 857
Forum Member
✭✭
Hey guys,

I want to buy a new camara, inspired by a thread i read the other day, and i have my eyes on this beauty :

http://www.purelygadgets.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=1504&OVRAW=fuji%20finepix%20z2&OVKEY=fuji%20finepix%20z2&OVMTC=standard

Fuji Finepix Z2 (you can get them in red too :eek: )

All I am looking for is a funky looking camera which takes great pics :o I'm not going into photography or anything like that, but mainly taking pictures of my mates, and taking photos on holidays etc.

However, I am blown away when it comes to the camera's specification. I haven't got a clue what i should be looking for and if it is a good camera or not :D

Has it got the basic necessities? Will it take good photos?

Thanks in advance xx

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will take excellent photos. It can do high-quality movies with sound too!

Very, very nice camera :)

Salt :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing it doesnt mention is memory/memory cards :confused:

Salt

EDIT: Just checked on another site, it takes xD memory cards :)
  • seacamseacam Posts: 21,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smudgy wrote:
    Hey guys,

I want to buy a new camara, inspired by a thread i read the other day, and i have my eyes on this beauty :

http://www.purelygadgets.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=1504&OVRAW=fuji%20finepix%20z2&OVKEY=fuji%20finepix%20z2&OVMTC=standard

Fuji Finepix Z2 (you can get them in red too :eek: )

All I am looking for is a funky looking camera which takes great pics :o I'm not going into photography or anything like that, but mainly taking pictures of my mates, and taking photos on holidays etc.

However, I am blown away when it comes to the camera's specification. I haven't got a clue what i should be looking for and if it is a good camera or not :D

Has it got the basic necessities? Will it take good photos?

Thanks in advance xx

Hello Smuggy,

I won't go through this camera's good points of which it has several, the bottom line is this camera take the worst posible pictures I've ever seen, absolutly bloody awful, but they do do it in red.

For just a little more or a little less might I suggest you try the Minolta Dimage range.

The X1 is a great camera at around £250-00, a little over specified for your requirements, the beauty about this camera amoung other things is it has anti-shake and up to 8 megapixels, more, much more then will ever be required for most people, it's light, compact and good on batteries and has a large screen, it also come in maroon/red.

I looked at this camera late last year and was much impressed.

Again in the Dimage range not as highly specified but excellent pictures, ( at around 5 megs ) is the E500 & G600 ( £100 to £120 ),a little bulkier, not as stylish as the X1.

The controlls on both are a little fiddly but that just a matter of getting use to, both these cameras do a enough to satisfy the happy snaper in me.

Finaly you could do a lot worse then the Samsung Digimax A50, sorry no red.
    seacam
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, conflicting views hehe

Thanks for both of your opinions; seacam, I will look at the cams you have recommended.