Options

Foxsat HDR doesn't 'see' 2nd LNB

qslikelyqslikely Posts: 239
Forum Member
I've had one LNB and a loop cable into the HDR for quite a while. Just fitted a new dish with 2nd LNB, to give me the full flexibility for recording, rescanned, but things are no different - I'm still getting greyed-out channels when I'm recording two and try to view a third.

I don't recall changing any settings to use one LNB only, and can't see anything obvious in the menus to re-set it to two LNBs.

I know that both the new LNB feeds are working fine because if I take both out and then plug each separately into LNB1, I get live tv.

Any helpful suggestions, please?

(realise this is 'technical' but it seemed more relevant to 'Freesat recorders')

Comments

• Options
    REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qslikely wrote: »
    I've had one LNB and a loop cable into the HDR for quite a while. Just fitted a new dish with 2nd LNB, to give me the full flexibility for recording, rescanned, but things are no different - I'm still getting greyed-out channels when I'm recording two and try to view a third.

I don't recall changing any settings to use one LNB only, and can't see anything obvious in the menus to re-set it to two LNBs.

I know that both the new LNB feeds are working fine because if I take both out and then plug each separately into LNB1, I get live tv.

Any helpful suggestions, please?

(realise this is 'technical' but it seemed more relevant to 'Freesat recorders')

The HDR only remembers the setting at first install.
    Make a not of your recording schedule and do a factory reset.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Have you tried a factory default as that should then pick up the second.

Edit: Slightly beaten to it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks to you both. Presumably I'll lose my non-freesat channel settings when I do the re-set?
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    qslikely wrote: »
    Thanks to you both. Presumably I'll lose my non-freesat channel settings when I do the re-set?

Yes, you can try the alternative (not sure if this retains your non-freesat settings)

Enter the Setup Menu.

Press RED GREEN YELLOW BLUE GREEN YELLOW BLUE (don't look at the screen).

Select antenna settings.

Change connection type to Two Cables (Same).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks Graham - I did try the RGYBGYB way first, but it still didn't find the second feed plus I ended up with bits of the set-up menu corrupted. Kept my settings though... But I ended up doing a factory reset and re-doing the non-freesat channels. All working fine now, able to view all 3 progs that were on at 9 last night, at last - success!