Neighbours - Kate Ramsay to be killed off?

Comments

• DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,738
    Forum Member
    Yep it was filmed before the Christmas Break as Ashleigh Brewer filmed her exit scenes in December. It looks like Kate does die!
    I think this is the right decision - if she does die. Not every character should be shipped out in the back of a taxi, on their way to fulfil some big dream that they're suddenly gifted with. Or shipped of to India. ;-)

It makes sense for Kate to die, in order for Brennan to stick around for several more months.
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well as her sister comes back and the actress said in a video how it was "serious" - surely this all points to a death

but if it is to film a funeral,..her brother not being there is just ridiculous
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pwaise Hestia!

Just a gif to show my feelings:D
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dammit, I knew I should've locked my gun cabinet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pwaise Hestia!

Just a gif to show my feelings:D

Pretty much sums up my feelings too :D I think i'm a little more excited about a ficional soap character's death than i probably should be but thank goodness her reign of terror is nearly over!!

I guess the
    marriage proposal
    means Mark really was her one honestly true real definately not Kyle 'love' then
  • lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie858 wrote: »
    I saw Gilly tweeting that Kate's not being killed off, but things seem to suggest she is. Unless she disappears/gets lost at sea like Dee!

I may be very thick or something, but please, who is Gilly?
  • eveningstareveningstar Posts: 19,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Being shot doesn't always result in death, although that would be the ending I'd prefer for Kate
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    If she dies, I'm sure it'll be in a tragic-heroic, Mary Sue-type manner, leaving behind a beautiful corpse, without a hair out of place, as her soul is bathed in light and choirs of angels carry her to heaven.

I get a feeling that my prediction might be right.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,870
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Saint Bridget of Parker will meet her at the pearly gates. :D
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Saint Bridget of Parker will meet her at the pearly gates. :D

Haha oh god, I just remembered that dreadful final scene!!
    Forum Member
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    Haha oh god, I just remembered that dreadful final scene!!

Lol with the really echoey sound effects with her shouting for "Declan-Declan-Declan-Declan....."

What made me laugh even more was when someone on here suggested the slight delay with her entering the gate/arch and before it cut back to the hospital and the machines going off was because she got kicked out of heaven and sent down below lolol. :D
  • sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a new BTS video on the Neighbours YouTube channel in which Kaiya pretty much confirms what everyone's been speculating...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VDOjXUDld8
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    I may be very thick or something, but please, who is Gilly?

Gill is an obsessive Neighbours fan who is obsessed with Kate and Mark. She is rather infamous amongst various fan sites etc and has been banned from several of them. She has a habit of claiming to have insider knowledge, having multiple accounts and winding people up the wrong way.

You will soon come across her if you read and post a lot about Neighbours. Personally, I think she's harmless and is just very passionate which is good but she can be a bit in denial sometimes. She will be GUTTED if Kate dies or they don't end up together.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope it's a quick clean decisive end and not a sanctimonious long suffering Kate lingering on her deathbed. Is it too soon to put the celebratory champagne on ice?
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    I hope it's a quick clean decisive end and not a sanctimonious long suffering Kate lingering on her deathbed. Is it too soon to put the celebratory champagne on ice?

You can just picture her clinging on for days and marrying Mark on her deathbed in an "emotional" and "tearjerking" scene before she pops her clogs.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can just picture her clinging on for days and marrying Mark on her deathbed in an "emotional" and "tearjerking" scene before she pops her clogs.
    Oh no - don't be giving the script writers ideas! :o
    It will be a sombre mood on the Neighbours set - while all around the UK impromptu street parties will be held.... :D
  • MelSingletonMelSingleton Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being shot doesn't always result in death, although that would be the ending I'd prefer for Kate

When it happens to a long running soap character whose portrayer is leaving the series the chances of death are increased.
  • lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You get a fairly good number. Margot Robbie (who was Donna) is the latest to make it big over there. Guy Pearce was one of the first to make it big, he went from Neighbours to a brief spell in Home and Away before going on to Hollywood. Jesse Spencer and Alan Dale have also gone big.

Home and Away has turned out a good number of Hollywood stars - Heath Ledger, Naomi Watts, Isla Fisher, Ryan Kwanten, Melissa George and Chris Hemsworth, for example.

Most of them wind up appearing in more serious dramas, like most British soap stars. Underbelly, the Aussie crime drama, always features loads of ex-Home and Away and Neighbours actors.

Russell Crowe already mentioned below - and don't forget Kylie and Jason and Delta Goodren.

The only Brit soap star to have made it internationally is Wellard from Eastenders who was Russell Crowe's dog in the opening scenes of Gladiator!
    Forum Member

I can see it now.... Her last words before the machines go off..... "I love you Marky" (as opposed to "Clarky" :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    lol

i will miss st Kate :D

Is this her supposed shocking story line that was happening and it turned out to be her infertility story line
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worst thing about this is we have to endure Scott McGregor who has all the emotional ability of a frog trying to grieve, it'll be excruciating
  • Scarlet FeverScarlet Fever Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    I really hope not, I'm tired of fandom thinking they have power over this show and the producers playing into their hands by reacting to their dislike.

It's just a celebration of hatred.

Neighbours would be a better show if the producers made the soap without worrying about fandom's reactions to a particular character.

Bu if they didn't do what the 'fans' want, to a degree - then they would lose viewers and advertising etc...
  • sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Kate is a goner from today's Aus pace episode. There was sad music and a montage at the end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DaisieBee wrote: »
    Killed by Sienna???

I believe so but they'll blame Danni's ex first.