Options

Ridiculous things people moan that should be brought back

pinwheel manpinwheel man Posts: 34
Forum Member
It always irritates me immensely when people, (especially elderly people) moan and groan that blah blah thing such as national service for example should be brought back when most people realize that in today's life, that would never, ever happen.

What things that people moan and groan about "should be brought back" gets on your nerves the most?

For me, it is moaning about how national service should be brought back! :mad: It is never, ever going to happen, so move on and accept that the government won't ever bring it back! :mad:

Comments

• Options
    howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    It always irritates me immensely when people, (especially elderly people) moan and groan that blah blah thing such as national service for example should be brought back when most people realize that in today's life, that would never, ever happen.

What things that people moan and groan about "should be brought back" gets on your nerves the most?

For me, it is moaning about how national service should be brought back! :mad: It is never, ever going to happen, so move on and accept that the government won't ever bring it back! :mad:
    Well it bludy well should !!!,
    you youngsters don't know you're born:mad:
  • Options
    greendayfan6greendayfan6 Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hanging... when ever someone does a very bad crime they say bring back hanging like that is a deterrent or something.. sheeshh its 2013
  • Options
    Forum Member
    howardl wrote: »
    Well it bludy well should !!!,
    you youngsters don't know you're born:mad:
    Let me guess, you are old enough to have done National Service? :rolleyes::p:D
  • Options
    howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Let me guess, you are old enough to have done National Service? :rolleyes::p:D

No...born 1957,

glad Nat service stopped, I would've gone AWOL :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    howardl wrote: »
    No...born 1957,

glad Nat service stopped, I would've gone AWOL :D:D:D:D
    I would have gone on the run! :eek::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Star Wars
  • Options
    greendayfan6greendayfan6 Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Star Wars

2015 and i can't wait...wooooooooooooo
  • Options
    Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    Yep, the death penalty.

The reason we don't have it anymore is because we are a civilised society; I'm always flabbergasted that people don't see that and feel proud of it. :confused:
  • Options
    Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corporal punishment. I always think there's something a bit pervy about people who want to bring back spanking.
  • Options
    RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    opal fruits
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    School toilet paper that would be used as tracing paper.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Execution is probably the silliest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fred West.
  • Options
    Musicman103Musicman103 Posts: 2,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Execution

I think you should lose your right to live, once you have deliberately and viciously murdered another human being.
  • Options
    555555 Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hanging and corporal punishment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep, the death penalty.

The reason we don't have it anymore is because we are a civilised society; I'm always flabbergasted that people don't see that and feel proud of it. :confused:
    I totally agree with you on us being a civilised society, but why is it so many people say that Singapore for example is a really civilised society when they still have a death penalty system? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Generally I'm against things being brought back which involve hurting people, killing people, making them do things they don't want to do - which covers basically everything that people generally want brought back: corporal punishment, capital punishment and national service.

I'm all in favour of the return of civility and good manners. Though given that the people who claim such things existed in the 1950s are the same people who obsessed about hanging people, beating people and forcing them in to military service, I can only conclude that their ideas of civility and good manners aren't my ideas of them anyway.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, the death penalty.

I am against the death penalty, however, should someone say, murder a member of my family, and I saw them do it, so there was no doubt in my mind that they were guilty, I'm not entirely sure I wouldn't want that person strung up and eviscerated in a rather painfully lethal way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    White dog poo.

Although it is a fallacy that it's disappeared completely , I saw some just a few months ago.
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The death penalty and corporal punishment in schools. There was no caning in schools when I was there in the 80's but children were still well behaved in general, just a few letting the side down by talking or giggling behind the teacher's back.
  • Options
    Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,656
    Forum Member
    I agree with those who've said execution, but also those who what to bring back a "simpler time" -- i.e. before computers, because they're generally looking at the past though rose-tinted spectacles and forgetting all the bad stuff.
  • Options
    KittiaraKittiara Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    555 wrote: »
    Hanging and corporal punishment.

Yep, these two for me as well. We're supposed to have moved on from all that brutality, right? But some people still think hurting/killing others is a good thing...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kittiara wrote: »
    Yep, these two for me as well. We're supposed to have moved on from all that brutality, right? But some people still think hurting/killing others is a good thing...
    You would hate to meet my family! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    KittiaraKittiara Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You would hate to meet my family! :rolleyes:

Mine are a combination of racists and homophobes, and some also think that the death penalty, corporal punishment and the national service are delightful ideas.

Families, eh?
  • Options
    ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hanging, the Morris Marina, Harp Lager and being allowed to randomly hit other people's misbehaving mutant children.