Time for a new Mitchell?

bobby-lee 101bobby-lee 101 Posts: 688
Forum Member
✭✭
It's been nearly 4 years since a new Mitchell (Lola) was introduced I think it's about time there was another family member brought in maybe connected to Billy?

Comments

• Lisa_Thomas2Lisa_Thomas2 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to see Billy have a proper relationship. Maybe a new wife.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Honestly, I think DTC should just let things dry out with the Mitchells. He's obviously tried very hard to bring them back into the forefront as a "family" but I much prefer them in their separate storylines. Ben and his sexuality, Ronnie and her usual darth ways.

The Mitchell days are most certainly over.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's time for Lola to go, and a fresh Mitchell to be brought in... Someone exciting and dynamic...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Honestly, I think DTC should just let things dry out with the Mitchells. He's obviously tried very hard to bring them back into the forefront as a "family" but I much prefer them in their separate storylines. Ben and his sexuality, Ronnie and her usual darth ways.

I disagree, EastEnders is nothing without the Mitchell's, and they're a very important part to the show... Them being all split over the square is silly...
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »

When the Mitchell's are in top form so is the show. It seems they have taken a backward seat in 2014 (except for brief moments such as Phil's wedding and attack on Sharon and Ronnie and Charlie.

Roxy and Billy were extras for most of 2014 and never had other committments either. This usually means they can't find stories for them.

I think the Mitchell's should be at the heart in the Vic. So what if Peggy is no longer there they create drama for themselves and others. Whereas teh Carters are all about the Carters. That to me is the difference.
  • dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think bringing a NEW Mitchell is the right way to go. Introducing random new relations isn't particularly interesting in my opinion but I'd be happy to see Grant and/or Glenda reintroduced. Sam too if she were played by Kim Medcalf.

Glenda was stir up trouble for Phil and Sharon while reconnecting with Ronnie and Roxy as well as rekindling her friendship with Carol are all interesting prospects. Equally Grant could spell trouble for Phil and Sharon as well as Jane and Ian. He could definitely slot in like he's never been away and would bring new stories with him as well as an almost adult Courtney.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a new one but a return.

I would like a return of either Glenda or a grown up Courtney.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.

There are more than enough of them right now.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    I think it's time for Lola to go, and a fresh Mitchell to be brought in... Someone exciting and dynamic...

I disagree I would rather see Billy go and Lola's Mum brought in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dantay24uk wrote: »
    I don't think bringing a NEW Mitchell is the right way to go. Introducing random new relations isn't particularly interesting in my opinion but I'd be happy to see Grant and/or Glenda reintroduced. Sam too if she were played by Kim Medcalf.

Glenda was stir up trouble for Phil and Sharon while reconnecting with Ronnie and Roxy as well as rekindling her friendship with Carol are all interesting prospects. Equally Grant could spell trouble for Phil and Sharon as well as Jane and Ian. He could definitely slot in like he's never been away and would bring new stories with him as well as an almost adult Courtney.

Glenda needs to return, she has unfinished business with her daughters, was friends with Carol could be a rival for Sharon & Shirley.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,223
    Forum Member
    We seem to have three separate units these days

Unit 1

Phil
    Sharon
    Ben
    Jay
    Denny

Unit 2

Billy
    Lola
    Lexie
    Janet

Unit 3

Ronnie
    Roxy
    Amy

With Charlie and Aleks being connected to this unit too.

Billy is more connected with the Cokers these days, in fact he works well at the Undertakers and I want this to continue. Les and Pam love Janet for instance. I wouldn't be surprised to see a reunion for Carol and Billy at some point. They are both isolated these days. If they brought in Paul Coker he could be a love interest for Lola.

I want to see Aleks and Charlie become more embroiled in the Mitchell empire. Aleks (being a metrosexual male with his good looks and vanity) and Phil ( a Neanderthal) would make for a very interesting dynamic. I could see them getting into a lot of mischief, dragging Charlie along for the ride.

Sharon needs to become more dependant, I want to see her become more of a matriarchal figure and we should see her connect more with Ronnie and Roxy. I think these three should run The Albert together.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    We seem to have three separate units these days

Unit 1

Phil
    Sharon
    Ben
    Jay
    Denny

Unit 2

Billy
    Lola
    Lexie
    Janet

Unit 3

Ronnie
    Roxy
    Amy

With Charlie and Aleks being connected to this unit too.

Billy is more connected with the Cokers these days, in fact he works well at the Undertakers and I want this to continue. Les and Pam love Janet for instance. I wouldn't be surprised to see a reunion for Carol and Billy at some point. They are both isolated these days. If they brought in Paul Coker he could be a love interest for Lola.

I want to see Aleks and Charlie become more embroiled in the Mitchell empire. Aleks (being a metrosexual male with his good looks and vanity) and Phil ( a Neanderthal) would make for a very interesting dynamic. I could see them getting into a lot of mischief, dragging Charlie along for the ride.

Sharon needs to become more dependant, I want to see her become more of a matriarchal figure and we should see her connect more with Ronnie and Roxy. I think these three should run The Albert together.

I would like to see Paul Coker with Ben Mitchell.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've said this time and time before but BILLY'S SON, LOLA'S DAD is what we need. He apparently is dead though a fake death as he has went on the run after being involved in dodgy dealings would be more than plausible. The fallout from bringing him in would be fantastic and send Billy and Lola into a whole new direction. He would also be the one to finally be able to knock King Philth off his perch and Billy would finally have more respect amongst the Mitchells
  • sultanina9sultanina9 Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    It's been nearly 4 years since a new Mitchell (Lola) was introduced I think it's about time there was another family member brought in maybe connected to Billy?

Definitely need a good hard Mitchell to enter
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »

I agree and disagree with parts of this. No to Lola and Paul, not knowing anything about the latter doesn't suggest to me that the pair would be something I could invest in. Maybe if Paul was introduced and they had chemistry but right now, I'm more than happy to see Lola and Jay get together.

And also no to Carol and Billy. Couldn't be a more mismatched pairing!

I also wouldn't force R&R's gang into Phil's gang. Ronnie works well with Phil and Roxy could work well with Sharon but otherwise it's unnecessary. Phil is a lone wolf, trying to force Aleks and Charlie on him just wouldn't work.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think they should introduce Lola's mother at some stage. I always thought it was silly nothing was ever said about her, as far as i can remember anyway
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    When the Mitchell's are in top form so is the show. It seems they have taken a backward seat in 2014 (except for brief moments such as Phil's wedding and attack on Sharon and Ronnie and Charlie.

Roxy and Billy were extras for most of 2014 and never had other committments either. This usually means they can't find stories for them.

I think the Mitchell's should be at the heart in the Vic. So what if Peggy is no longer there they create drama for themselves and others. Whereas teh Carters are all about the Carters. That to me is the difference.

Everyone's taken a backseat, minus the Carter's (Rolls eyes)...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd argue that the Beales, the Truemans, the Cottons and yes, the Mitchells, have all had plenty of screentime this year. I guarantee Phil and Ian for example, are in the top 10 of appearances this year!

Speaking of, is there a website with this kind of information readily available?
  • Gigi MichaelsGigi Michaels Posts: 1,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm anxiously awaiting the stand-off between Buster and Phil. Absolutely loved Buster when he arrived and want to see the possible revenge for what he perceives as Phil hurting Shirley before having yet another new Mitchell (except Grant, which would be brilliant). The Mitchell/Cotton connection is yet to be fully explored as well and could make for some dynamic conflicts.
  • Ozboz3Ozboz3 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only new Mitchell I think needs to be brought in is Billy's son/ Lola's dad. Apart from him, I like to see Grant and Glenda return although Glenda is more likely
  • bobby-lee 101bobby-lee 101 Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    I think they should introduce Lola's mother at some stage. I always thought it was silly nothing was ever said about her, as far as i can remember anyway

She was mentioned once that she abandoned Lola with her grandmother when she was three then her grandmother put her into care. I think it would be a great thing to make Debra Dean (Whitney and Ryan's mum), Lola's mum it would be a great storyline.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As opposed to the Mitchell's who were shoved down our throats for years.

Long live the Carters! :D
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'd like to see a new Mitchell introduced, Mark, Grants son could find out the truth about his parentage.

However I think a illegitimate son from Phils father falling out the woodwork would be great.
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to see Billy have a proper relationship. Maybe a new wife.

Agreed. He's been single for ages.
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. He's been single for ages.

Hardly Bachelor of the year is here