• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    No wonder he doesn't want to marry her!

She is a bit needy
  • HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going anywhere nice?

Not really...off to heathrow but only for a seminar at a hotel there...v jealous of all the people with suitcases lol. Looking forward to going through my hotel room with a fine tooth comb & marking the breakfast though :-)
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the £40 B&B won!

LOL
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypnoali wrote: »
    Not really...off to heathrow but only for a seminar at a hotel there...v jealous of all the people with suitcases lol. Looking forward to going through my hotel room with a fine tooth comb & marking the breakfast though :-)

Ooh which hotel? I live bang next door to Heathrow :D
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cringe.........
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does make the contest a bit pointless because if you're charging £200 a night you're never going to get a 30% overpayment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Well Andrea and James have done themselves and their businesses no favours.

Neither have come across at all well IMHO. Wouldn't stay with either of them.

Whereas the Wizard's Thatch and The Salutation have shown themselves to be lovely people with lovely premises.
    Forum Member
    James won:mad:...............Hollow victory
  • ms2608ms2608 Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh well, Andrea got what she wanted. I'm feeling sorry for him already!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd have laughed if she said no :p
    Forum Member
    Saturn wrote: »
    It does make the contest a bit pointless because if you're charging £200 a night you're never going to get a 30% overpayment.

i think they should put similar priced B&B's against each other
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh which hotel? I live bang next door to Heathrow :D

Park Inn :-)
  • PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    If you take out the £60 for the show I reckon it was far closer.

Pound for pound the lads were good VFM but I'm sure their competitors in Blackpool are similarly priced.
    Forum Member
    To be fair to him, James won because of what the others paid him - his underpayments made no difference - the Salutation came second with over 100% and he paid them in full. Even if he'd paid in full for all of them, he'd still have won!
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James and Simon underpaid The Wizard's Thatch by £45? Only because of breakfast? I've never paid that price for a cooked breakfast. Gameplayers.
  • SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, the excuse for underpaying by £20 because it was too clean and they couldnt relax is just rubbish imo

If I'd been there I would've asked James if The Salutation was any less clean than Northrise Lodge. Because if he underpaid because NL was 'too clean' and too pristine to be able to relax, how come he didn't feel the same about The Salutation?

In my opinion the real reason for underpaying NL was fury at the 2 out of 10 score for cleanliness from them (which was unjustified in my opinion - although if they'd complained about the smoke smell instead I would've agreed)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    James and Simon underpaid The Wizard's Thatch by £45? Only because of breakfast? I've never paid that price for a cooked breakfast. Gameplayers.

It depends how much you value a good breakfast though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Park Inn :-)

I know it well :) I was at the Radisson Blu Edwardian all last week for an offsite meeting which is about 3 hotels along!

Enjoy your seminar :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SueG wrote: »
    If I'd been there I would've asked James if The Salutation was any less clean than Northrise Lodge. Because if he underpaid because NL was 'too clean' and too pristine to be able to relax, how come he didn't feel the same about The Salutation?

That crossed my mind too. Plus, we never saw (or maybe I missed it) everyone looking for dust etc......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RSteve wrote: »
    Well Andrea and James have done themselves and their businesses no favours.

Neither have come across at all well IMHO. Wouldn't stay with either of them.

Whereas the Wizard's Thatch and The Salutation have shown themselves to be lovely people with lovely premises.

That's what it's all about really. Winning the plaque is meaningless if you made yourself look like a douchebag in the process.
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    Pedro wrote: »
    If you take out the £60 for the show I reckon it was far closer.

Pound for pound the lads were good VFM but I'm sure their competitors in Blackpool are similarly priced.

Yeah, if not cheaper tbh, I'm looking at a Uni break up to Blackpool and we're being charged £18 B & B for two nights (Its probably going to be awful but at £9 a night I'm not complaining :p) Tbh I wouldn't stay with James if it was free-Imagine Complaining to him :rolleyes: But I think I might try and get the OH into a romantic weekend in Sandwich ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends how much you value a good breakfast though.

They underpaid more than one of their rooms cost. Contradicts their own comments about the harsh marks from Andrea as in,'Where can you get a bed and breakfast for £20 per person?'
    Forum Member
    SueG wrote: »

To be fair he said he couldn't relax not just because of the cleanliness, but because of the squeegee and the shoe tray, and I know what he means. The sugar bowl incident, where everybody had to wait listening to her cry in the kitchen whilst their hot drinks cooled down, didn't help much either....
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,683
    Forum Member
    Thank goodness for this thread! I'm on a coach & yet still able to follow what's going on on the most important day of the fiab week :-)

aaaw post of the week :D
    rhumble wrote: »
    LOL i want the posh couple to win:D........they have grown on me all week:eek:
    rhumble wrote: »
    i think they should put similar priced B&B's against each other

Me too and I keep on saying, I want to see a week of standard seaside B&Bs, a week of around the £200 per night places, city centre locations, farm stays, camp or glamping and places with a theme - all that kind of thing so that there's more of a competition on a level playing field.

All that said weren't Ian and Ali nice and I loved Ian's comment with their overpayment to The Salutation :D

The under payments this week were really on the high side.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abivan wrote: »
    Yep, thanks for the invite to post! Loved the Salutation and also as a smoker (don't tell me, you'd guessed) would love a night in Blackpool. Not enough hotels have smoking rooms. I know that is socially unacceptable and probably adds to the insurance premiums for those hotels/b&b establishments that offer it, but I would love to have the choice to go to places that still offer the option.

It's not always possible, but in an ideal world, if I owned /ran a B&B, i think I would probably prefer to build a lovely, comfortable area for smokers, rather than have it inside the building, but it's not anti smoking, I am genuinely terrified of the idea of a fire. There's a pub/hotel I go to and they are lucky in that they have the space to have built a log cabin, with heating, tables and chairs in it's garden for smokers, while still having a big enough garden for everyone to enjoy. Also I suppose, even if I really wanted a room for smokers, I would always be conscious of the smell, which if you are a non smoker is immediately obvious plus the Health&safety and insurance as you say.
    I don't know who couldn't love The Salutation, it's so lovely and all the complimentary extras,wow!
This discussion has been closed.