Options

Janine/Tanya/Zainab Returns...

vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,553
Forum Member
✭✭
When do you think these three big characters will return to the show?

Janine is likely to be the last to return.

Comments

• Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Nina Wadia will be back next year as Zainab.

Janine, I'd say 2-3 years time.

Not sure about Tanya but I'd be happy not to see her return.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see a place for Tanya anymore. I actually don't know why any viewer would want to put themselves through the torture of jumping back on the Max/Tanya merry-go-round. If Tanya ever returns I hope it's after Max leaves in a box. Their relationship has nowhere left to go.

Zainab's exit was ridiculous. She just ups and decides to leave after she and Masood suddently realise they're not in love anymore having just recently got back together. It was idiotic. I'd love her to come back.

Janine just left earlier this year. I can't see her returning for a while yet. I hope she brings David Wicks back with her. They were a brilliant duo and carried the latter half of 2013.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Tanya for Cora and Abi maybe. Lauren might be away for some time. Zainab definitely. I don't think Janine will come back to be honest. I'd like to see her in a gritty drama as a victim of some kind rather than a bitch or criminal. It would be great to see her as someone different in something else.
  • Options
    Lisa_Thomas2Lisa_Thomas2 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a character I reckon Tanya was a bit bland. I don't see any reason for her to returm.

I think the best thing they did with Janine is when they showed a more vulnerable side to her character with David Wicks. Before that, in my opinion she was a bit one-dimensional. If she came back, I'd like to see that explored a bit more.

I would like to see Zainab back, definitely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Masoods desperately need Zainab back.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope all 3 return at some point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a character I reckon Tanya was a bit bland. I don't see any reason for her to returm.

I think the best thing they did with Janine is when they showed a more vulnerable side to her character with David Wicks. Before that, in my opinion she was a bit one-dimensional. If she came back, I'd like to see that explored a bit more.

I would like to see Zainab back, definitely.

Janine & David would be great future owners of the Vic.
  • Options
    DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janine will probably be gone for a while now. 5-6 years tops.

Zainab will be a more imminent return. I hope at least. Nina Wadia has said she'd come back if I recollect. But that could have been misinformation on here that I've internalised.

Tanya, I'd like to see back purely because Jo Joyner was great and even though I got bored of her and Max's on/off thing, she does have the best chemistry with Jake Wood.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DODS11 wrote: »
    Janine will probably be gone for a while now. 5-6 years tops.

Zainab will be a more imminent return. I hope at least. Nina Wadia has said she'd come back if I recollect. But that could have been misinformation on here that I've internalised.

Tanya, I'd like to see back purely because Jo Joyner was great and even though I got bored of her and Max's on/off thing, she does have the best chemistry with Jake Wood.

Tanya and Max are soul mates.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think there is anything left to cover for Janine and Tanya at the moment
    The writers were treading over old ground with Tanya and Max, and her cancer storyline was very disappointing despite how well she performed it.

But Zainab without a doubt, as her exit was crappy
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    When do you think these three big characters will return to the show?

Janine is likely to be the last to return.
    I've just clicked on to this thread as I thought you had some definite information....!! :(:(

I'd absolutely love Janine to come back, Tanya also in a way but then not if she were to get back with Max again.

And Zainab, as much as she is a good actress, and was a good character, I don't think there's any place for her now....
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Brannings have flourished without Tanya and are much less boring than they used to be. The Masoods really need Z back although Shabby is a great addition.

Seems too soon for Janine.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    My hopes were raised when I caught a glimpse of this thread title, only to be dashed by the content. :(

Zainab will be back in the new year, I'd say she's the first to come back out of these guys. Janine, I don't know about but she'll probably be the last, and I can't see Tanya returning any time soon.
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cas1977 wrote: »
    I've just clicked on to this thread as I thought you had some definite information....!! :(:(

I'd absolutely love Janine to come back, Tanya also in a way but then not if she were to get back with Max again.

And Zainab, as much as she is a good actress, and was a good character, I don't think there's any place for her now....

I agree she's only got her whole family there so yeah there's no place for her,,,
  • Options
    secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Tanya never returns. I was so pleased when she left but it was shortlived as they soon introduced Linda>:(.
  • Options
    QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janine Butcher - to be fair, she did need a break, so I'd say 2016 OR 2017/ 2018
    Zainab Masood - 2015, please
    Tanya Cross - She needs a break, so I'd say her return should be late 2016 or early 2017 at the earleist
  • Options
    newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None of them ever.
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Janine is the only one who is needed at the minute. I never understood the fuss over Zainab and the Tanya/Max relationship has been overdone already, so unless the writers have new ideas for Tanya that don't involve her dropping her knickers then she can stay away as well.
  • Options
    Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zainab and Janine defiantly
    Tanya no, love the Brannings without her and I prefer Max with Emma.
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't want Tanya back. But I would love to see Zainab and Janine again.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    I would luv to see all of them back next year, I miss them, more so Janine.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    I don't see a place for Tanya anymore. I actually don't know why any viewer would want to put themselves through the torture of jumping back on the Max/Tanya merry-go-round. If Tanya ever returns I hope it's after Max leaves in a box. Their relationship has nowhere left to go.

Zainab's exit was ridiculous. She just ups and decides to leave after she and Masood suddently realise they're not in love anymore having just recently got back together. It was idiotic. I'd love her to come back.

Janine just left earlier this year. I can't see her returning for a while yet. I hope she brings David Wicks back with her. They were a brilliant duo and carried the latter half of 2013.
    Pretty much this^^

Although I got the impression from how Nina worded her answer shes up for a temporary return rather than a longterm one.But to tie up loose ends and give her a proper believable and satisfactory exit would correct the wrong of the crap exit Newman gave her.

Charlie Brooks seems to have her plate full of plans for the stage school shes opened and trying LA Life so I think her return is someway off possibly many years.

I never wish to see Tanya again while Max is on the show-tedious yo yo scenarios-yawn!
  • Options
    summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    I think (hope) Janine will be back one day, but it won't be for a long time :(

Her exit was perfect really, and I'm glad DTC got to write for her even if it was just for a few episodes.

If she never returns I'll be sad, but I'll also be satisfied with the ending she got.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Janine & David would be great future owners of the Vic.

That would be good (if the Carters ever go) as Janine did want it in the past so not entirely unrealistic that she wouldn't want it again :-)
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I hope Tanya never returns, horrid character
    I hope we don't see Janine for a while, I love her character but it would be nice for her to be away for a while.
    Not bothered about Zainab, although it would be nice to see her again.