EastEnders creating iconic moments?

lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
Forum Member
✭✭
Has anyone else noticed this?

DTC has saved EastEnders again, and him and his team are creating some very memorable storylines and moments IMO!

Maybe not all iconic, but memorable etc...

For example...

Ian telling Peter, that Lucy was dead...

Rape reveal and He's your bruvaaa'...

Mick smashing up The Vic...

Etc...

They're all very popular on social media etc... And have boosted figures and that! Anyone else think these will be moments we will remember in years to come?:p

We didn't get any of this in the Newman era tbh! Perhaps with the exception of Michael's murder... What does everyone else think? Will these moments make it on an EastEnders montage?:)

Comments

• J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't forget when Mick and the Carters held that lovely party to appease The Almighty Linda back in the Summer. You know the one. I think it was an Abba karaoke evening. Or perhaps a family meal. Or a happy hour celebration. Or when Lee came home. Or when YellowBelly had a good day at college. Or when Aunt Babe made a trifle. Or maybe that time when she saved the catering at the last minute after Nancy burnt all the sausage rolls.

Just that one, classic, never to be repeated, defining moment of Eastenders.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Possibly. Depends how long the Carter family stay for. I mean if all of them left in a years time, people say in twenty years time would hardly remember them. But I really hope they do stay for years to come. But the Lucy stuff probably will be rememberable though. Especially if the killer is someone really shocking.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    Don't forget when Mick and the Carters held that lovely party to appease The Almighty Linda back in the Summer. You know the one. I think it was an Abba karaoke evening. Or perhaps a family meal. Or a happy hour celebration. Or when Lee came home. Or when YellowBelly had a good day at college. Or when Aunt Babe made a trifle. Or maybe that time when she saved the catering at the last minute after Nancy burnt all the sausage rolls.

Just that one, classic, never to be repeated, defining moment of Eastenders.

That was absolutely awful!:D
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Lorraine, HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THE COLD CUTS AND THE SNAKE?!!!! >:(
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Johnny telling Mick that he's gay is probably the most iconic moment so far and will definitely be remembered.
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iconic?

Shirley / Mick. Done before and better with Kat / Zoe.

And Mick hasn't been the first person to smash up The Vic. Peggy did it and better.

People are really easily pleased nowadays...
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Iconic?

And Mick hasn't been the first person to smash up The Vic. Peggy did it and better.

I think after the last few years, our tolerance is low.

However, DTC has done some great things this year. The surprises have been brilliant.
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Johnny telling Mick that he's gay is probably the most iconic moment so far and will definitely be remembered.

I loved that scene. :blush::p^_^
  • david_leewarddavid_leeward Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iconic?

Well said totally agree. Theres been nothing inconic in soapland for years!
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    It may be too soon to call them **iconic** but I agree that Johnny coming out to Mick, and Ian telling Peter than Lucy is dead are hugely significant moments in EastEnders history and will probably be included in all of the best bits in years to come.

The rape is probably a little bit too dark to be considered iconic but it definitely matches up to James' rape of Kathy and Trevor's rape of Little Mo.
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't remember any of these big moments as iconic except perhaps the Johnny revealing he was gay moment (which isn't even such a massive deal in 2014).

Other than that, reveals have been pretty lackluster for me. He's your bruvva was disappointing since I only really wanted to see Dean being beat up and that got in the way of it.
  • KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »

Absolutely.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP, the examples you mention as iconic have all been done before on the show in a similar shape and form.

To create something iconic it has to appear fresh and new.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    I think if you remember it in years to come then it is iconic regardless of whether it has been done before. The reality is these things do happen repeatedly in real life too. I personally preferred mick and Shirley reveal than Kat and Zoe
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Iconic?

EastEnders has been running nearly 30 years, of course most 'moments' have been done before and been done well, but DTC has created some brilliant moments this year that will be remembered in years to come. He has put a fresh spin on things.

Moments that I have remembered are things like: Lucy's Beale on the common, Ian telling Peter, Shirley with the gun out of the Queen Vic window, and the Mick reveal to Phil and the audience, all these are good moments and have potential to become iconic in years to come imo.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iconic disappeared about a decade ago.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I defintely think in there first year the Carters have had two very memorable moments, the first being the coming out scene with Johnny and Mick and the second on Boxing day with Mick trashing the Vic, better than any of Peggy's efforts and you could see Danny Dyer had been waiting all year to do that. (Sonia's reaction was also hilarious)
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    I defintely think in there first year the Carters have had two very memorable moments, the first being the coming out scene with Johnny and Mick and the second on Boxing day with Mick trashing the Vic, better than any of Peggy's efforts and you could see Danny Dyer had been waiting all year to do that. (Sonia's reaction was also hilarious)
    Yes, I'm sure when we watch the Channel 5 show '50 Best Soap Moments' in 20 years time the No. 1 place will go to Danny Dyer throwing some glasses around The Vic.

Good grief. It happened on Friday and I don't even remember it.