• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    GBCULLEN wrote: »
    its new an will take a few days then it will be easy peasy, be patient

THANKYOU :):):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    lotrjw wrote: »
    I know it can be hard for some people that arent techie minded but we will all get used to it.
    There are worse EPGs out there than Sky's new one and even Sky's old one.

Its not too hard to find things from the home page, and if you want the TV guide quick its ether TV guide twice or back up twice (from whatever your watching) and planner is play from anywhere (except if you are playing something already!).
    I cant see whats hard about that? Or at least its not hard to learn with constant use!

THANKYOU :):):):)
  • Dear ViewerDear Viewer Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both boxes in my set up are DRX 890 (Amstrad/Sky). The main box - hard wired to the router - has just accepted the new firmware. The second box - with wireless connector - updated a week before automatically. Did initially try a forced update on the main box with no joy, at first. Followed the link about firmware updates to see the status of the update. Initially it showed the firmware update was not on the forced download schedule. Checked the link today and the information had been updated. The forced update has worked this time, so heads up to those of you still waiting. :)
  • ClatterClatter Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    I got another update last night. Now on R009.066.77.08P. I assume this has fixed some bugs, but does anyone know what the fixes are?
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Clatter wrote: »
    I got another update last night. Now on R009.066.77.08P. I assume this has fixed some bugs, but does anyone know what the fixes are?

This update contains very small bug fixes over the previous public version R009.066.77.03P.
    Fix for issue causing some recordings to not have the padding applied to the start or end of the recording.
    Fix for the issue which causes the time to be 1hr out on a stacks synopsis within the “New Series” tab.
    Fix for issue causing OnDemand downloads to fail on wireless networks.
    Firmware rollout commenced Friday 25th April 2014.
  • ClatterClatter Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Thanks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    My DRX780 box updated up R009.066.8500P overnight
  • DennisgDennisg Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    RBecking wrote: »
    My DRX780 box updated up R009.066.8500P overnight

So did mine. Watching cricket just now and lost picture with "no satellite signal" message. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Mine been fine when watching but gone really laggy when trying to fast forward now to 30x
  • 2000motels2000motels Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    Is it true that on some boxes an update has come down that you can now tune in symbol rates 23.0, I saw a post on the boards.ie that shows a picture of this. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056353483&page=141
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2000motels wrote: »
    Is it true that on some boxes an update has come down that you can now tune in symbol rates 23.0, I saw a post on the boards.ie that shows a picture of this. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056353483&page=141

On this page http://www.skyepginfo.co.uk/skyhd/skyhd.html R10.***.**.** is said to be being rolled out on DRX 595 boxes, all it officially says for the software is:
    Whats New:

*Adds support for Sky Wireless Connector Mini.

*Box Office purchases and Interactive Services can now be processed via the Internet connection.

*The process of pairing a Sky Viewing Card to the SkyHD box has been simplified. When a Sky Viewing Card is inserted into the box which isnt paired to it a popup will be displayed on screen prompting the user to press Select to pair the card to the box. This feature requires either and internet or telephone line connection to the box.

*An option to disable the BackUp to TVGuide feature introduced in R009 has been added and can be found at Options > Customize > BackUp to TVGuide.

*Firmware rollout commenced Thursday 14th August 2014.

I have heard it might have what you are saying, but I think we will have to wait till its rolled out completely before we know for sure!
  • Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Symbol rate of 23.0 can be tuned to in R010. Also included is support for DVB-S2.
  • 2000motels2000motels Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Well I had the latest update almost 3 weeks ago. (R10) and my box which had worked perfectly before starting playing up as in not recording programs and could not put it into standby or take it out of standby. Well I phoned sky and was told no way could a software update effect the box. Well then I unplugged from the mains and pressed the back up button and had the screen "updating system software. When I switched it back on it had rolled back to the previous software update and now the box is working fine so don't tell me sky that a software update does not affect the box.>:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lambcheck wrote: »
    Well I had the latest update almost 3 weeks ago. (R10) and my box which had worked perfectly before starting playing up as in not recording programs and could not put it into standby or take it out of standby. Well I phoned sky and was told no way could a software update effect the box. Well then I unplugged from the mains and pressed the back up button and had the screen "updating system software. When I switched it back on it had rolled back to the previous software update and now the box is working fine so don't tell me sky that a software update does not affect the box.>:(

I had issues with the R10 ending in .06 which would be the one you had too, they have now corrected that and the new R10 ending in .13 is now on the Download if you want it.
    I agree it was a huge pain that they issued the buggy version when they knew it had bugs, I think they have been under pressure to get this new one out though, as it has updates to adsmart that allows tailored adverts on Sky channels that are personal to the user on the box I think, they used to only work if you were watching the channel as broadcast, now they will work on live pause and recorded programs when played back from your planner.

I hope this helps.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Any idea how to download the latest version buttie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lambcheck wrote: »
    Any idea how to download the latest version buttie.

Sorry I should have said before try this page: http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-TV/Updating-the-software-on-your-Sky-box/ta-p/1239020
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    You will have already downloaded the 13 version by pressing and holding the Backup button.
  • Charlie_CochranCharlie_Cochran Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    Can someone tell me what boxes won't update passed this Epg see link below for epg software

http://myhome.iolfree.ie/~icdg/sky_new_list.jpg
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,939
    Forum Member
    You can't update any SD box beyond that EPG.
    HD boxes have a completely different one.
    :)
  • Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone tell me what boxes won't update passed this Epg see link below for epg software

http://myhome.iolfree.ie/~icdg/sky_new_list.jpg
    Dave-H wrote: »
    You can't update any SD box beyond that EPG.
    HD boxes have a completely different one.
    :)

The EPG shown there is extremely old and was phased out in 2005/6 for ALL SD boxes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    R010.070.58.17P is now on the DR stream for DRX890
  • Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    wow, this thread is still going after all these years!!!!!!!!!

I am still subscribed to it since 2006.