Options

5 male winner from 7 series

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,329
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Its a pretty damming statistic. over 70percent:eek:

The voting demograhic re teens, mums, housewives etc still pretty much call the shots re voting

Comments

• Options
    Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And 6 out of 7 runners up.

And 6 out of 7 bronze medalists

Girl power!
  • Options
    VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to say if they wanted to avoid another male winner they should intentionally put through terrible male acts for the live shows next year..... but then I remembered that even Eoghan made the final =/.
  • Options
    Helen90Helen90 Posts: 4,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's more equal on American Idol, 4 girl winners and 5 guy winners :p although guys have won the past 3 seasons!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    5 male winners: 2 dropped, 1 on the verge of being dropped, one has the lowest sales of any winner so will probably be dropped as well, the other is a newbie so we'll see.

2 female winners: One is a global "superstar" and the other has sold over 1 million albums so far.

I'd go out on a limb and and suggest that women make up most of the voting audience.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen90 wrote: »
    It's more equal on American Idol, 4 girl winners and 5 guy winners :p although guys have won the past 3 seasons!

Yeah and just like X Factor, most of the male winners flopped and the most successful winners have been females.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delete post
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The winner of AI this year;s career is shocking - his single failed to hit the Hot 100 at all, the charts it got to was 37 on some random airplay chart and 96 in Canada lol! Plus his winner's single only got to 23 on the Hot 100! To top it all, his album only reached 16 on the Billboard 200! All the females are amazingly sucsessful!
  • Options
    gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Male x-factor winners are like holidays, they don't seem to last for long.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Big Brother and I'm a Celeb were the same.

Women usually have to be spectacular to win and do better because female singers are generally more versatile and seem to be dominating the charts; Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Kesha, Duffy, Amy Winehouse and so on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why women get so obsessed with the males. If they are cute then no matter how bad they sing or bland they are they have an easy ride.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Its a pretty damming statistic. over 70percent:eek:

The voting demograhic re teens, mums, housewives etc still pretty much call the shots re voting

Err, no it isn't.. It's statistically not very significant.

Try tossing a coin in batches of 7, it very often won't come up a heads / tails split of 4 - 3 or 3 - 4.

There's actually a 45% chance that there would be 5 or more heads or tails in a batch of 7.

i.e. without any bias there is a 45% chance that there would be either at least 5 males or 5 female winners in 7 contests.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    indiana44 wrote: »
    Err, no it isn't.. It's statistically not very significant.

Try tossing a coin in batches of 7, it very often won't come up a heads / tails split of 4 - 3 or 3 - 4.

There's actually a 45% chance that there would be 5 or more heads or tails in a batch of 7.

i.e. without any bias there is a 45% chance that there would be either at least 5 males or 5 female winners in 7 contests.

Since when has the X-Factor been about chance?

It's about who the ladies fancy :p
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,553
    Forum Member
    Since when has the X-Factor been about chance?

It's about who the ladies fancy :p

so the lesbians were out in force in Series 3 and 5 then
  • Options
    GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »

Which is why winners with a modicum of talent and longevity are rarer than rocking horse shit!!

... particularly given that the majority of those from within that demographic with any taste in music either don't bother to watch or don't vote.
    getty wrote: »
    Male x-factor winners are like holidays, they don't seem to last for long.

Given the winners you should be grateful... ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Double post
  • Options
    PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...and Rebecca did get pretty close this year.

Had she won it would have been 4-3, and no-one would be complaining.
  • Options
    mrellis33mrellis33 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just wandering if anyone thinks any girl was better than any of the male winners for those years? With the exception of Rebecca this year, I don't think any of the other years had any decent female alternatives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and Rebecca did get pretty close this year.

Had she won it would have been 4-3, and no-one would be complaining.
    She was nowhere near, look at the voting figures...
  • Options
    BillieABillieA Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrellis33 wrote: »
    just wandering if anyone thinks any girl was better than any of the male winners for those years? With the exception of Rebecca this year, I don't think any of the other years had any decent female alternatives.

Year 1 had Rowetta Satchell, year 2 had Brenda Edwards and Maria Lawson and year 4 had Niki Evans (though how anyone beat Rhydian that year is still beyond me).
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,308
    Forum Member
    A female will win next year ;):D
  • Options
    mrellis33mrellis33 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BillieA wrote: »
    Year 1 had Rowetta Satchell, year 2 had Brenda Edwards and Maria Lawson and year 4 had Niki Evans (though how anyone beat Rhydian that year is still beyond me).

god they were so dull though. Backing vocalists at best
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    A female will win next year ;):D

Gammmmmmuuuuuu!!! ;):D
  • Options
    Mona LocaMona Loca Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrellis33 wrote: »
    god they were so dull though. Backing vocalists at best

Rowetta was a backing singer, mostly for the Happy Mondays.

I don't think you can seriously call her or Brenda dull though. If anything, Rowetta's personality and persona was so big that they annoyed some people. Brenda also has a big personality and as a performer is about as far removed from dull as it's possible to be. The other two I will grant you. Maria has a very good voice and Niki had several stand-out moments in the show but they both displayed the personality and performance skills of ironing boards.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5 male winners: 2 dropped, 1 on the verge of being dropped, one has the lowest sales of any winner so will probably be dropped as well, the other is a newbie so we'll see.

2 female winners: One is a global "superstar" and the other has sold over 1 million albums so far.

I'd go out on a limb and and suggest that women make up most of the voting audience

Why should they?

You could just as easily make a claim that men or boys won't vote for women. It seems to me, that despite not really knowing who votes, people are all too ready to blame women and girls in these shows for results they don't like or wonder about (which is much more telling, IMO). I suspect the reasons for people's votes are varied.