The GAME ON appreciation thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Make us a tea Martin" :D

LOVE this show. It's up there with Partridge as one of the best sitcoms of the 1990s.

Ben Chaplin was a much better Matthew Malone than Neil Stuke, a crying shame that he left after only one series to persue a film career (although who can blame him?)

I still enjoyed Neil Stuke in the show and he's one of my favourite actors on television at the minute. Top bloke as well. He's great in Reggie Perrin.

I'm led to believe that the cast are very keen to do another series, but the original writer (Andrew Davies) isn't so sure about it.

This interview with Neil Stuke is worth a read: http://www.greatbritishlife.co.uk/article/interview-with-neil-stuke-a-class-act-seasons-greetings-27650/
    His TV breakthrough was Game On, a flat-share sitcom aimed at twentysomethings, where he played self-obsessed agoraphobic Matthew. “I think I’m quite good at playing irritating,” he says, “I seem to get cast as a lot of assholes. Game On was unbelievable fun. It certainly tapped in to some kind of zeitgeist at the time. I couldn’t quite believe we were being paid to have that much fun.”

There was an interview on the TalkTalk website with Neil Stuke as well, where he talked about doing another run, but it's disappeared from their site unfortunately.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The stoat episode is hilarious, when he's not on the news how angry he gets and his grin tickles me everytime- he was in a history film I watched in my history lesson once and it was this serious program and I was in stitches thinking about the ep :o I ws like it's stoat :o

Martin he's a funny bugga!
  • kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    And wasn't they tying up her idea? "in case I try to escape" or something. :D

Yeahh!! :D
    Forum Member
    Doctor Why wrote: »

LOVE this show. It's up there with Partridge as one of the best sitcoms of the 1990s.

Ben Chaplin was a much better Matthew Malone than Neil Stuke, a crying shame that he left after only one series to persue a film career (although who can blame him?)

I still enjoyed Neil Stuke in the show and he's one of my favourite actors on television at the minute. Top bloke as well. He's great in Reggie Perrin.

I'm led to believe that the cast are very keen to do another series, but the original writer (Andrew Davies) isn't so sure about it.

This interview with Neil Stuke is worth a read: http://www.greatbritishlife.co.uk/article/interview-with-neil-stuke-a-class-act-seasons-greetings-27650/

There was an interview on the TalkTalk website with Neil Stuke as well, where he talked about doing another run, but it's disappeared from their site unfortunately.

Thank you for the link and quote!! :)

I SOOOOOOOO want a reunion ep or something!!
  • guvner2009guvner2009 Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Dont know if il get told off for this!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8atq4_hottie-samantha-janus_sexy

I know its not from game on but i think a visual was needed!
    Forum Member
    guvner2009 wrote: »

I won't tell you off don't worry!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I SOOOOOOOO want a reunion ep or something!!

I think we all do :D:D
    Would be so good but I can't see it happening! :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    don't know what is reason is for this thread, guess its being shown again? but wow! i've been thinking of watching it again recently!

don't know what my favourite is...like the oldies with the first matt, but the new matt got some good stories, like when he's with jason 'why do you think he's gay matt, was it something that happened when you went to bed with him?' 'BUT HE WAS A BLOKE!'
    Forum Member
    00tommo wrote: »
    Cant believe you've started a thread on Game On.
    What a skunk pussy! :D

shagwit!
  • draig gochdraig goch Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    melly741 wrote: »
    shagwit!

Jism monkey ! :D
    Forum Member
    draig goch wrote: »
    Jism monkey ! :D

hahaha forgot that one!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hahaha forgot that one!

Sad b**tard... :D
    Forum Member
    don't know what is reason is for this thread, guess its being shown again? but wow! i've been thinking of watching it again recently!

I felt like it should have one! Don't think it's being shown on telly at the moment. Have been relying on my boxset!
    You should sooooo watch it again! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    "Catch this tosser, i'm in the streets, i'm in the gutter it's years since i've had bread and butter".

I loved series 1 and I hated series 2 and 3.

"We don't beg from black northern boxers".
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "You shagwit!"
    "Matthew!"
    "Well I hate waste"
    Forum Member
    'Have you been out smelling babies again Martin?'

'sh*gger Wilkins and her nothern blokes.'
    Forum Member
    murdering pig b**tards

and

filthy, skunkpussy b**tards
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doffer wrote: »
    "You shagwit!"
    "Matthew!"
    "Well I hate waste"

LOL,

theres some funny stuff said in game on.
    im racking my brains for some good ones :)
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL,

theres some funny stuff said in game on.
    im racking my brains for some good ones :)

That came to mind because it's also one of my son's favourites.

It's not unknown for us to quote those lines (sad, I know) lol :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doffer wrote: »
    That came to mind because it's also one of my son's favourites.

It's not unknown for us to quote those lines (sad, I know) lol :D

Nope not sad I always quot there lines :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bubbles_xO wrote: »
    I can never decide..I think I just love them all the same :o

Who's everyones favourite Matt? Ben Chaplin or Neil Stuke? :p

Ben Chaplin for me!
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doctor Why wrote: »

Matt was always saying that to Martin.

There's a scene in Friends when Joey says to Chandler "dude, stop talking crazy and make some tea".

I always wondered, had the makers of Friends seen Game On and referenced it?

Probably just a coincidence I know but that scene was similar to Game On, particularly Because Joey and Ross where dressed up and playing about like Matt would do.

Anyway, Game on is the best British sitcom ever. And I genuinely believe that. :)
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    guvner2009 wrote: »

I doubt there is a single heterosexual man in the land that would say 'I wish you hadn't posted that'.

Sam Janus. :cool:

Anyway, Game On was a pretty good comedy series and I agree it was underrated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There's a scene in Friends when Joey says to Chandler "dude, stop talking crazy and make some tea".

Probably just a coincidence I know but that scene was similar to Game On, particularly Because Joey and Ross where dressed up and playing about like Matt would do.

Anyway, Game on is the best British sitcom ever. And I genuinely believe that.
    :)

BIB: Agreed!
    Forum Member

Anyway, Game on is the best British sitcom ever. And I genuinely believe that. :)

I think if Friends hadn't come out around the time Game On was on, Game On could have been a lot more successful.