IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we still have a few years left.
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is ruining her face with all the cosmetic intervention. She was a naturally pretty girl but no she is turning into an alien. The scary thing is that really young girls would copy her if they had the funds.
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is ruining her face with all the cosmetic intervention. She was a naturally pretty girl but no she is turning into an alien. The scary thing is that really young girls would copy her if they had the funds.

It's an interesting point you make. Flanagan (and her kind) are portrayed by the trash mags as people to be 'admired' and sadly the impressionable and the gullible see her as some kind of role model. Sadly for those young girls, they can't just go running to Nuts, OK or FHM when they're skint!

If Flanagan can keep up her media profile, it won't be acting she's known for. She's one of those types just 'famous for being famous'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    It's an interesting point you make. Flanagan (and her kind) are portrayed by the trash mags as people to be 'admired' and sadly the impressionable and the gullible see her as some kind of role model. Sadly for those young girls, they can't just go running to Nuts, OK or FHM when they're skint!

If Flanagan can keep up her media profile, it won't be acting she's known for. She's one of those types just 'famous for being famous'

Being famous for being famous won't work when age begins to take effect, rich men can always find young and dumb trophy wives. She's been cheated on despite her dollybird bimbo status before, same as Cheryl Cole. She'll fade away soon enough and the next one will be rolled out to take her place. Happened to Pamela Anderson, Jo Guest, Tara Reid, Lindsay Lohan... once the bloom comes off the rose, the limelight goes to a newer model. To be honest she should be working as hard as she can to make as much money as she can independently while the spotlight is on her, walking out on regular work to spend all day shopping on a stipend from your boyfriend doesn't seem particularly sensible but it seems there is a breed of footballers wives who will stick around for a new Range Rover and regular salon bookings even if their husbands play away, and I don't mean on the football pitch. Perhaps she's content to continue on as she is much like others have: well kept, high maintenance but low personal standards.
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    D_Peugeot wrote: »
    I thought she was okay in Corrie.
    Me too. To be honest - I was a little disappointed when she left. The character of Rosie (and the way Flanagan played it - albeit being herself) was hilarious.
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    To be fair, you could apply that to a lot of cast members across the big three - Corrie, Emmerdale and Eastenders.

Her only other avenue is modelling really. She'd make a truckload of money going "full glamour" but that's not going to happen because she's far too naive. One of the pre-requisites of the current crop of glamour models is to be quite "risque" about their sex lives, and can you really see Flanagan doing that ?

It would go something like this I suspect ..

Interviewer: "So Helen, where's the most outrageous place you've had sex?"
    Flanagan: "Oh my GOD! I can't believe you just asked that! I'm so embarrassed!!"

Actually she answered a sex question in one of the w@nk mags, Zoo I think, and her answer was nothing like your predicted answer!!!
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »

I honestly think that in a few years time, she'll be known more as a model rather than an actress or someone who's famous for being famous. With the amount of money she likely gets from these shoots, she probably only has to do a couple a year to fund her lifestyle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being famous for being famous won't work when age begins to take effect, rich men can always find young and dumb trophy wives. She's been cheated on despite her dollybird bimbo status before, same as Cheryl Cole. She'll fade away soon enough and the next one will be rolled out to take her place. Happened to Pamela Anderson, Jo Guest, Tara Reid, Lindsay Lohan... once the bloom comes off the rose, the limelight goes to a newer model. To be honest she should be working as hard as she can to make as much money as she can independently while the spotlight is on her, walking out on regular work to spend all day shopping on a stipend from your boyfriend doesn't seem particularly sensible but it seems there is a breed of footballers wives who will stick around for a new Range Rover and regular salon bookings even if their husbands play away, and I don't mean on the football pitch. Perhaps she's content to continue on as she is much like others have: well kept, high maintenance but low personal standards.

Top post!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly think that in a few years time, she'll be known more as a model rather than an actress or someone who's famous for being famous. With the amount of money she likely gets from these shoots, she probably only has to do a couple a year to fund her lifestyle.

Well, it beats having a proper job I guess, but I'd say your right
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She doesn't need to now she's a WAG
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does she still have a resemblance to a blow up doll ?