Benefits Britain, Life on the Dole - 9pm Channel 5 tonight..

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That eastern European dude with the haggard chick in the pink trekkies is totally using her for room and board. I have never seen someone so disinterested in their 'soulmate'.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    That eastern European dude with the haggard chick in the pink trekkies is totally using her for room and board. I have never seen someone so disinterested in their 'soulmate'.

I don't know. You'd have to be pretty commited to wearing those his n hers pink tracksuit tops.
  • Angelique_DormaAngelique_Dorma Posts: 3,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wayne & Waynetta.
  • cjay27cjay27 Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Nottingham family were a disgrace!!

Dining out on tax payers money with their 8 bedroom (paid for) House, their TVs on every wall, computers, laptops, games consoles, cars!

I'm sorry but neither of those children warranted having a carer! They have clearly dined out on that! I know plenty of families with children with far worse disabilities that work and manage! Both parents don't need to be on the dole! One could work, but wait........ Where would they find a job that pays £70,000?!

It's about time this benefit cap was implemented to all claimants! Those disabilities did not warrant extra benefits and therefore they should not be exempt from the cap!

Let's hope the conservative government crack down on this big time! £23,000 seems a fair cap for a family iof this size, then there would be an incentive to work, and people in real need could get the benefits they deserve!
    Forum Member
    On the one hand. The children in the Nottingham family appeared to be polite and respectful. On the other I can see a lot of them ending up in the same cycle, albeit maybe not with 14 children Each.

Growing up in an 8 bedroomed house, with virtually all the new gadgets, what incentive is there exactly to work?

That Woman with the Polish boyfriend seemed some mess. They could afford ****, but not electric or some wallpaper for the house?

Still I'm not that surprised. Some of the housing association properties I used to work on after tenants had left/been evicted. Made her house look like a palace.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    I don't know. You'd have to be pretty commited to wearing those his n hers pink tracksuit tops.

Hahaha :D
    Forum Member
    The family with the 'disabled' children...those portion sizes were completely insane!
  • Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melax wrote: »
    And every penny of that comes from you? or the 25-30 MILLION taxpayers?
    It's not even mere pennies for each individual taxpayer per week. Just line them up and behead them all yeah?

It may be pennies for one family to have their lifestyle funded by mugs like us, but it's not just one family we're supporting is it?
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mark1974 wrote: »
    It may be pennies for one family to have their lifestyle funded by mugs like us, but it's not just one family we're supporting is it?

There are only 10 large families like that in the UK.
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member

How do you know that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    pie-eyed wrote: »
    How do you know that?

Because they said so in the show.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That lads pizza didn't look very appetising!
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    Because they said so in the show.

I don't think that's true at all. We must have seen about 10 if these families on various benefits TV shows but there will be many, many more large families not inclined to have their business out there for all to see.
    Forum Member

There are 200 families of 10 or over in the UK who rely on benefits
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    There are 200 families of 10 or over in the UK who rely on benefits

Still not many, and that includes the 10 as big as the family in the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Nottingham family were taking the piss. Tom probably 'didn't want to say' how much they were getting on benefits because it will be a LOT higher than the £70k mentioned on the show. The eldest boy's musical instrument collection won't have cost less than £5k, and that is the first time I've seen two teenage boys sharing a bedroom but having their own TV and PS4 each. Tom claimed his father-in-law loaned them the cash for their minibus, but then let slip that it was actually their fourth one -who bought the others? Was it Tom himself, as he is bringing in a minimum of £1400 a week, yet feeds his beloved family a s**t shepherds pie costing a pound a head?

Tom claimed they received just enough benefits to 'survive'. And Tom is the reason people in genuine need are going to get pissed on by this government for the next five years.

Tosser.
  • IqoniqIqoniq Posts: 6,299
    Forum Member
    I kind of stumbled onto this because my housemate recorded it. Can some tell me what the Hell a benefits husband, benefits house, benefits party, benefits feast, benefits child or benefits car is? They seem to shoehorn it in everywhere they can.
  • Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The highlight was wayne and waynetta slob sitting on the sofa munching biscuits and slurping coffee and she says "some days we get very very hungry" rofl
  • biggytbiggyt Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    I liked the wannabe actor :D
    Forum Member
    The highlight was wayne and waynetta slob sitting on the sofa munching biscuits and slurping coffee and she says "some days we get very very hungry" rofl

:D Yup that made me giggle too!
  • howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    di60 wrote: »
    "fair enough but contraception wouldn't cost them nothing"

"It wouldn't cost them nothing"...so it would cost them something, is that what you're saying?....sorry feeling a bit thick today:confused:
  • anonyyanonyy Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i really do feel sorry for those who and on low pay that require these in work benefit top ups. Thank goodness the labour party created it, that is the one and only thing i can remember they did right. But it's those who do not work or do not even want to work that should be targeted hard. This country had it all and now its all gone. We all complain that there aren't enough staff in hospitals and other important areas, why can't we utilise people in those places they would get good work experience that will give them a leg up.

Why should anyone get money for nothing!! People should be in training as there is a long list of college courses that they can get for FREE that working people would have to pay for, or volunteer to get some recent work experience and have something useful to put on their CV's. So in order to get this money they should EARN it. JSA means Job Seekers Allowance, if these people do not want to work they should get NOTHING!. And stop propping up those that have never contributed and are just a drain on society and its purse strings.

This is what people are generally saying about immigrants of all types who come here either to work or not, so those who were born and bred here should also face the same consequence. You get nothing until you contribute or demonstrate that you do want to work by spending your time on courses, and volunteering your time to help you get a job.
  • hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    Her with the tattoos.. why do people feel the need to constantly swear like that for no apparent reason?? Does it not occur to her how totally vile she sounds?
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there something wrong with the red-haired woman's son?
  • MaisiebelleMaisiebelle Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    cjay27 wrote: »
    That Nottingham family were a disgrace!!

Dining out on tax payers money with their 8 bedroom (paid for) House, their TVs on every wall, computers, laptops, games consoles, cars!

I'm sorry but neither of those children warranted having a carer! They have clearly dined out on that! I know plenty of families with children with far worse disabilities that work and manage! Both parents don't need to be on the dole! One could work, but wait........ Where would they find a job that pays £70,000?!

It's about time this benefit cap was implemented to all claimants! Those disabilities did not warrant extra benefits and therefore they should not be exempt from the cap!

Let's hope the conservative government crack down on this big time! £23,000 seems a fair cap for a family iof this size, then there would be an incentive to work, and people in real need could get the benefits they deserve!

I'm also wondering why those kids need a carer. My son has severe Autism. He eats with his hands, has major meltdowns, can't cope with leaving the house, is awake most of the night and you don't want to know about his bathroom habits! I'm his carer, he needs me 24 hours a day. I homeschool him. It's unlikely I will ever be able to get a job.

I understand that Addisons is serious but why can't the mother be on call for him while the dad works? My husband works full time and I'm the primary carer for my son.