Options

Ronnie Biggs

Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm getting sick of this tosspot still being alive. The conning scumbag was supposed to be on deaths door and he got released early so he could spend the last few days/weeks with his family.

He's living it up now though. Maybe Rauol Moat could take a diversion eh...

Comments

• Options
    sallycamebacksallycameback Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting sick of this tosspot still being alive...

You probably need a hobby then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got plenty of hobbies thanks...great contribution by the way.
  • Options
    Sherry TrifleSherry Trifle Posts: 2,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronnie's just an old and poorly man now though OP, why does he bother you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because he shouldn't be out. He should be spending his last days in a cell...not in the comfort of his home. Especially after he lived the high life for so many years and laughing in the face of the justice system.

Quite why we (as in the government/prison service) thought he warrented early release is beyond me.

This isn't justice for me...same goes for the Lokerbie bomber. These people cry wolf and claim they have days left and these turn out to be lies.

You don't wish pain on anyone...but when it comes to criminals...well I feel very differently.
  • Options
    skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    He can hardly walk.He's not exactly living it up is he ? He's doing exactly the same out in his care home as he was in prison and at a far cheaper cost.
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronald Biggs has served his time and was released on parole.

The authorities didn't do him any favours.

He served the same amount of time (or more) compared to the other robbers - including those who escaped or evaded justice for many years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronnie's just an old and poorly man now though OP, why does he bother you?

Ian Brady is just an old and poorly man.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because he shouldn't be out. He should be spending his last days in a cell...not in the comfort of his home. Especially after he lived the high life for so many years and laughing in the face of the justice system.

Quite why we (as in the government/prison service) thought he warrented early release is beyond me.

This isn't justice for me...same goes for the Lokerbie bomber. These people cry wolf and claim they have days left and these turn out to be lies.

You don't wish pain on anyone...but when it comes to criminals...well I feel very differently.

So Ronald Biggs' crime can be compared to that of the Lockerbie bomber?
  • Options
    A321A321 Posts: 6,363
    Forum Member
    There's a couple of members of the Ronnie fan club that will probably be around shortly... defending him to the hilt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Another pathetic comparison.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cosmo wrote: »
    So Ronald Biggs' crime can be compared to that of the Lockerbie bomber?

Not directly...but they were both heinous crimes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not directly...but they were both heinous crimes.

What was 'heinous' about the train robbery?

They stole some money and smacked a couple of fellas around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another pathetic comparison.

Not really. There is no criminal better than the next if you ask me. Bad people deserve bad treatment...no matter how many people they killed or didn't kill.

People can say what they like about Biggs not being responsible for that fellas death, but the poor bloke had trauma headaches for the rest of his life after the incident until he died of leukaemia. He ruined his life...and yet he gets sympathy from people?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was 'heinous' about the train robbery?

They stole some money and smacked a couple of fellas around.

Smacked a couple of fellas around? I'm sure if the guy was a loved one of yours, you wouldn't be so sympathetic towards him.

After what he did to Mr. Mills...I really hope Biggs is suffering. He deserves it as much as the next murderer given how much he ruined Mills' life.
  • Options
    Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was years ago, even hitler would have released by now, no doubt spending the last of his years tending to an allotment of cabbages.
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Isn't he dead :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure they'll both meet in hell when he eventually dies in 45 years or so.
  • Options
    sallycamebacksallycameback Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got plenty of hobbies thanks...great contribution by the way.

It was wholly appropriate. At first glance, you seem to be very bitter about it all. But when people start comparing Ronnie Biggs to Ian Brady and the Lockerbie Bomber, it borders on pure silliness.
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member

Mate.. believe me, there's a thread on here just waiting on you... :D

Death Penalty for child murderers...

it's right up your street... be prepared for a fight though.. lol lol whatever your opinion.. lol lol
  • Options
    Sherry TrifleSherry Trifle Posts: 2,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's not poorly, he's sick, a very different thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was wholly appropriate. At first glance, you seem to be very bitter about it all. But when people start comparing Ronnie Biggs to Ian Brady and the Lockerbie Bomber, it borders on pure silliness.

Perhaps I am a bit bitter. I just remember all of those ridiculous sob stories from his sons saying "let him out before his birthday" "it will be his last one" "he only has days to live".

How sympathetic was Biggs when he was jollying it up in the sun?
  • Options
    Uncle FesterUncle Fester Posts: 15,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alt-F4 wrote: »
    It was years ago, even hitler would have released by now, no doubt spending the last of his years tending to an allotment of cabbages.
    Hitler would have been hung or died in prison like Hess had to do , Hess was very ill at the end
  • Options
    Payne by namePayne by name Posts: 3,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP. Just another example of us being meekly 'mugged off' and hoodwinked by a clever defence team.

Similar to Ernest Saunders having his sentencing for his involvement in the Guiness fraud reduced because he had Alzheimer's, from which he made a remarkable recovery (the only man known to do so I believe)?

or how Gary McKinnon is being labelled as basically the 'rain man' to avoid him being extradited to the US. Yes he has a mild form of autism but it isn't us throwing shackles on a dribbling Forrest Gump as some of the media would have you believe.

These high profile cases just make a mockery of the state displaying compassion because it's clearly being twisted for criminal gain, though the liberals who scream 'he's been punished enough' never see this.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting sick of this tosspot still being alive. The conning scumbag was supposed to be on deaths door and he got released early so he could spend the last few days/weeks with his family.

He's living it up now though. Maybe Rauol Moat could take a diversion eh...

I couldn't hold such an old sick person in such contempt and hate, to be frank with you. Can make better use of my emotional energy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    I don't hold old sick people in such contempt and hate, to be frank with you. Can make better use of my emotional energy.

Een if they're a criminal like the aforementioned Brady/Hitler/Biggs?

They deserve hate...some may say that isn't the way God wanted us to be or whatever but I have no sympathy for crims.