Prisoner Cell Block H

Comments

• Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Major - that's it - I was trying to think of him in my previous posts

I really liked the scenes where The Major, Joan and Shane were all together. It was the closest Joan ever came to having a family. She was distraught when she lost them.
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she doted on the Major (her father)
    Wasn't her dog also called Major? I remember what happened to the dog.....

....'strewth, nearly broke the no lagging rule there! :)
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    John259 wrote: »

:D
    Yes, you are right (I'd forgotten about that) The poor dog, what an end. :(
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    I really liked the scenes where The Major, Joan and Shane were all together. It was the closest Joan ever came to having a family. She was distraught when she lost them.

Didn't she also have a girlfriend called Terri? She loved her, too. I think Terri cheated on her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't she also have a girlfriend called Terri?
    Yes, Terri Malone. She gets a brief mention in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner_characters_%E2%80%93_prison_staff
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She did indeed. She took that young boy in (Shane) and she doted on the Major (her father)

I quite liked Joan when she was away from the prison. She turned straight back to The Freak once she had that uniform on though.

I blame the glove. I reckon it had evil powers and whenever Joan wore it it posessed her very soul :eek:
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes dvds are available on amazon ..presuming you are in UK...but the uk release isnt a full releas yet and are coming up to halfway..and the dvds are not from VHS lol but supposedly from "masters"..but in some cases not great ones
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never seen Prisoner, but I was a big fan of Bad Girls and I've heard a LOT of good about this show, my family members used to love it. I shall buy the DVDs :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never seen Prisoner, but I was a big fan of Bad Girls and I've heard a LOT of good about this show, my family members used to love it. I shall buy the DVDs :)
    Episode 1 is YouTube if you want a sample:
    Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42oEptH07a8
    Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spNYwvbWdn4
    Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmjK9PZv3DI
    Part 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0jGzh4VZFg
    Part 5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMwrCIV84kQ
  • mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,290
    Forum Member
    Ferguson gets stiched up for a crime and gets put inside Wentworth ! !

Oh my goodness of cause. Joan got what everybody wanted her to get. I'm getting old memory is wearing:D
    Forum Member
    Praps you could *ahem* have a lil distribution enterprise scheme and recoup some of your money?

Not a bad idea :)
    Forum Member
    I rememb when lil old Lizzie (?) got released and couldn't hack it on the outside..... or was she mis-treated I can't rememb but it was sumin tragic *sob*

I could probably rememb all the words to the theme tune even now....

Poor Lizzie looked at Bea and Doreen as her family. Her worst fear was being released. Didn't she used to go on the rob when released, just so she would go straight back inside?
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mistygal wrote: »
    Can somebody tell me how Prisoner last episode ended? I had stopped watching it by this point, sure I tuned in for this episode though? I cannot remember it.
    Thanks

Basically Rita and the police colluded to bring Ferguson down and down she fell

Whether Rita was just making up the cancer to get Ferguson's trust is debatable

To cut a long story short, Ferguson had lost her grip of power she had had for so long and plotted with Rita to do a bank job

Rita did the robbery and told Ferguson where the money was stashed. Ferguson went to collect the money and was caught in the act by the police

If you look closely, you can see Mr Douglas ushering her into the police car on the way to Wentworth

Then she went off on one at Meg and Anne whilst being inducted, and then Rita brought her meal to her when she was in her cell and it dawned on her she had finally been outsmarted

The next day she was taken 'to the west' to await trial and that was The End

IMO it was good to see her get her comeuppance after all she had put Wentworth through from Day 1 of her arrival

It would have been nice had they did one more episode to see how everyone was adjusting to the post Ferguson era
    Forum Member
    John259 wrote: »

Oh yes that was so sad. Was he a rotty? Break in? Sorry trying not to think out loud here honest.
    Forum Member
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Basically Rita and the police colluded to bring Ferguson down and down she fell

Whether Rita was just making up the cancer is debatable

To cut a long story short, Ferguson had lost her grip of power she had had for so long and plotted with Rita to do a bank job

Rita did the robbery and told Ferguson where the money was stashed. Ferguson went to collect the money and was caught in the act by the police

If you look closely, you can see Mr Douglas ushering her into the police car on the way to Wentworth

Then she went off on one at Meg and Anne whilst being inducted, and then Rita brought her meal to her when she was in her cell and it dawned on her she had finally been outsmarted

The next day she was taken 'to the west' to await trial and that was The End

IMO it was good to see her get her comeuppance after all she had put Wentworth through from Day 1

It would have been nice had they did one more episode to see how everyone was adjusting to the post Ferguson era

Thanks I remember her getting caught now. Not sure who Rita was, as I stopped watching after Maxine got introduced and similar characters, seemed to just keep coming in.
  • Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member
    Thanks I remember her getting caught now. Not sure who Rita was, as I stopped watching after Maxine got introduced and similar characters, seemed to just keep coming in.

You missed a whole lot of episodes Misty !
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes dvds are available on amazon ..presuming you are in UK...but the uk release isnt a full releas yet and are coming up to halfway..and the dvds are not from VHS lol but supposedly from "masters"..but in some cases not great ones

Why wait for the whole series to be released in the UK when you can buy the imported version from an Australian seller on eBay? You'd have to save up though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Rita was a biker who Joan Ferguson took a dislike to. They became sworn enemies are something happened.
  • Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Rita was a biker who Joan Ferguson took a dislike to. They became sworn enemies are something happened.

Must admit Rita wasn't one of my fave Top Dogs
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the PCBH cast are sadly no longer with us:

The 2nd govenor who played Ann Renolyds died.

The actress who played last top-dog, motor-bike lover Rita Connors is no longer with us.

that fat Len Murphy officer, died in real-life.

and of course the most obvious death of all - the actress who played Lizzie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must admit Rita wasn't one of my fave Top Dogs

The only true Top Dog was Bea Smith in my opinion.
  • highlander1969highlander1969 Posts: 6,832
    Forum Member
    Who remembers Geoff Butler.. the biggest baddie in any soap.. Jim Fletcher's army "buddy"...! Those early episodes 1979 - 1980 were so memorable! :-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob22 wrote: »

The actress who played last top-dog, motor-bike lover Rita Connors is no longer with us.

I can't find anywhere that reports of Glenda's death.
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rob22 wrote: »

The guy who played Steve Faulkner is no longer with us either, died of a brain tumour back in 1988 IIRC