Prisoner Cell Block H

Comments

• zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    I watched one the other day where the actress who played Margo was in it playing one of Marilyn's prozzie mates. Very early episode, possibly episode 10.

Yeah forgot about that, very early days, yeah must have been about episode 10. I think it was about episode 90 when she first appeared as Margo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah forgot about that, very early days, yeah must have been about episode 10. I think it was about episode 90 when she first appeared as Margo.

With her numerous surnames before they settled on Gaffney
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't have done it that way. I admire your patience.

I have bought the series 3 times now, but sold one of them so its ok!

I was buying the two Australian volumes at once through the top dog website, I subscribed to it like a lot of fans at the time. Then I saw the silver box set get announced and the book and bonus disc. So I had to have it. Only cost £700 including delivery from Australia.

Sold the monthly volumes.

Then realised I loved it and treasured it too much to risk damaging them so started buying the UK boxsets. And I use them to watch and leave laying around while my boxset takes pride of place on rhe shelf with the signed cast photos contained safely in there too.

I would estimate half the fans on the Prisoner sites had the dvds 6 years ago now so it feels so weird that we are still collecting the UK ones now!

Yeah it took a long time but I'm nearly there, the last episode I've got is 600 when Lou hangs Eve Wilder. Hopefully get the next one next week and I think the final one is out the following month.

I feel that way about mine, my mate wants to lend them off me but I'm only lending him a couple of discs at a time in case anything happens to them.

What was on the bonus disc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it took a long time but I'm nearly there, the last episode I've got is 600 when Lou hangs Eve Wilder. Hopefully get the next one next week and I think the final one is out the following month.

I feel that way about mine, my mate wants to lend them off me but I'm only lending him a couple of discs at a time in case anything happens to them.

What was on the bonus disc.

Not much, you aren't missing much. Clips and stuff. Can copy it for people. Think some idiot put it on YouTube too, nice way to make it less special for the people who bought it!

You are brave, lending your volumes out!!! I am watching it on my own (up to 564), with a friend (up to 172) and my Mother (up to 409) but I take the discs with me!

You are a good friend!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not much, you aren't missing much. Clips and stuff. Can copy it for people. Think some idiot put it on YouTube too, nice way to make it less special for the people who bought it!

You are brave, lending your volumes out!!! I am watching it on my own (up to 564), with a friend (up to 172) and my Mother (up to 409) but I take the discs with me!

You are a good friend!!

Thanks.

Yeah I told him he has to return them before I lend the next lot, I trust him anyway, but this way he'll definately give them back so he can lend the next ones.

I'm like that as well, still on the early days with my sister, around 60 odd when Roslyn Coulson first came into it, on my own I've got to 600. While I'm waiting for the others to arrive I started watching the odd episodes, just seen Gloria being scolded by Phyllis:mad:

Thank you :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are a good friend!!

You're up to possibly my favourite Prisoner era with your mum, episodes 409 until about 418 are absoloutely brilliant in my opinion. The David Bridges storyline and some great other characters, particularly Randi Goodlove and Brenda Hewitt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're up to possibly my favourite Prisoner era with your mum, episodes 409 until about 418 are absoloutely brilliant in my opinion. The David Bridges storyline and some great other characters, particularly Randi Goodlove and Brenda Hewitt.

Yeah, I love it! I was so fed up with Bea that these episodes were a breath of fresh air. I love Minnie too!

Favourite era is Rita but these are excellent too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I love it! I was so fed up with Bea that these episodes were a breath of fresh air. I love Minnie too!

Favourite era is Rita but these are excellent too.

My favourite actual episodes are the siege ones eps 549-552, but this is my favourite Prisoner time from 409 until the fete episodes are great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your reply. I like your user name here :).

I've seen some volumes of Prisoner Cell Block H DVDs on sale in the shops and wasn't aware - until I saw them - how many are now available. I thought, until then, that only the first twenty or thirty episodes had been released. It's good to find out here that most of the series is now availabe on DVD in the UK.

It might be easier for some people to buy the series in stages rather than all 692 episodes in one go (in a DVD box set of the entire series).

Thank you:):) yeah I love Chrissie Latham, my face PCBH character.

Yes thank goodness they did release them in stages, I would never have been able to afford the whole thing lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    ah, ok. I get it now, the Randi thing. She's currently dating Marti and subsequently turned Meg into a vicious, one-liner, bitching machine....I never knew she had it in her. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    ah, ok. I get it now, the Randi thing. She's currently dating Marti and subsequently turned Meg into a vicious, one-liner, bitching machine....I never knew she had it in her. :p

Yeah :D Randi's great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    Terry Telly wrote: Thanks for your reply. I like your user name here :).
    chrissielatham wrote: Thank you:):) yeah I love Chrissie Latham, my face PCBH character.

Chrissie is one of my favourite Prisoner Cell Block H characters too.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mentioned on This Morning today with a funny sketch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utI1ngtTIxM
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chrissie is one of my favourite Prisoner Cell Block H characters too.

Chrissie is my favourite inmate, she is my second favourite character after Vinegar Tits.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    Chrissie is my favourite inmate, she is my second favourite character after Vinegar Tits.

I love Chrissie and Vera but the Freaks the best in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou Kelly has just knocked out Officer Joanne Riley and taken Joyce Barry as hostage, I don't think it will end well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats your top ten characters. Heres mine-

01. Kath Maxwell
    02. Lizzie Birdsworth
    03. Nola McKenzie
    04.chrissie Latham
    05. Joan Ferguson
    06. Ann Reynolds
    07. Bea Smith
    08. Colleen Powell
    09. Kate ;Peterson
    10. Margo Gaffney
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    Whats your top ten characters. Heres mine-

01. Kath Maxwell
    02. Lizzie Birdsworth
    03. Nola McKenzie
    04.chrissie Latham
    05. Joan Ferguson
    06. Ann Reynolds
    07. Bea Smith
    08. Colleen Powell
    09. Kate ;Peterson
    10. Margo Gaffney

My Top Ten would probably be

1: Joan Ferguson.
    2: Reb Keane.
    3: Lou Kelly.
    4: Jim Fletcher.
    5: Chrissie Latham.
    6: Lizzie Birdsworth.
    7: Lexie Patterson.
    8: Sonia Stevens.
    9: Vera Bennett.
    10: Myra Desmond.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Top Ten would probably be

1: Joan Ferguson.
    2: Reb Keane.
    3: Lou Kelly.
    4: Jim Fletcher.
    5: Chrissie Latham.
    6: Lizzie Birdsworth.
    7: Lexie Patterson.
    8: Sonia Stevens.
    9: Vera Bennett.
    10: Myra Desmond.

Zooooooooooooooooo :eek::eek::eek:
    Gloria Ajenstat has been on the phone wanting to know why Tammy isn't up there:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zooooooooooooooooo :eek::eek::eek:
    Gloria Ajenstat has been on the phone wanting to know why Tammy isn't up there:D:D:D

:D:D She's already in my top ten sexiest and my top ten extras so I wanted to have a change.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D She's already in my top ten sexiest and my top ten extras so I wanted to have a change.

Ooh now there's an idea - top ten extras....

1. Lil Stokes
    2. Tammy Fisher
    3. Jacko Kennedy
    4. Ronnie Kennedy/Corbett
    5. Lorna Young
    6. Tina Murray
    7. Mary Adler
    8. Big Bev Cavelli
    9. Babs Martin
    10. Jenny Lavelle (never spoke a word but she was in it long enough)
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think I've seen a top ten sexiest list on here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh now there's an idea - top ten extras....

1. Lil Stokes
    2. Tammy Fisher
    3. Jacko Kennedy
    4. Ronnie Kennedy/Corbett
    5. Lorna Young
    6. Tina Murray
    7. Mary Adler
    8. Big Bev Cavelli
    9. Babs Martin
    10. Jenny Lavelle (never spoke a word but she was in it long enough)

Top Ten Extras

1: Tammy Fisher
    2: Bev Cavelli
    3: Freda Green ?
    4: Jacko
    5: Kath Deakin
    6: Lil Stoakes
    7: Lorna Young
    8: Ruth Shaw?
    9: Mary Adler
    10: Valzano? (in the siege episodes)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes I forgot about Ruth Shaw and Gina Balzano - that ine always made me laugh. There was also Pam - can't remember her second name. Which one was Freda Green? Think I remember her? Around the time of Bea being transferred?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I've seen a top ten sexiest list on here.

I thought we had done one:o

Top Ten Sexiest

1: Tammy Fisher
    2: Gloria Payne
    3: Randi Goodlove
    4: Lexie Patterson
    5: Pippa Reynolds
    6: Sonia Stevens
    7: Eve Wilder
    8: Chrissie Latham
    9: Rosie Hudson
    10: Barbara Fields