Anyone know windows gadgets?

a01020304a01020304 Posts: 2,374
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have created a windows gadget that plays a radio stream I am involved in. I have got the gadget image and stream working however would like the main image on the desktop to change at specific times of the day when a new show starts. example: Monday - friday 6am to 10am it shows image 1, and 10am to 2pm it shows image 2 etc... so basically it will change the image for each show 7 days a week. I just cannot figure out how this can be achieved, so any advice would be welcomed or if you can add script for me it would be appreciated.

i tried various options with javasctipt but nothing wok, so hope you can figure it out. As you can see from the test2 the time script does show the image but it does not change when the next hour comes.
Test3 does not show any image but does play the stream

you can download the scripts at link below. Would be good if someone could figure out what i done wrong.
(the radio stream within the script is only for test purposes only)

http://oilrig.eu.org/gadgets

The .gadget file is just a zip file so can be extracted through winrar

Comments

• a01020304a01020304 Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone?
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Were you aware that Microsoft stopped supporting gadgets on Windows Vista and 7 some time ago?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/gadgets
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stig wrote: »
    Were you aware that Microsoft stopped supporting gadgets on Windows Vista and 7 some time ago?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/gadgets

just because MS stopped supporting them does not mean they cannot still be made by people and used.
    XP is still widely used even though not supported.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a01020304 wrote: »
    just because MS stopped supporting them does not mean they cannot still be made by people and used.
    XP is still widely used even though not supported.
    OK, but my MS Weather gadget stopped working, as I think they changed some permissions on Registry keys following a security alert.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My clock and calendar gadgets work just fine, as do All CPU Meter and Drives Meter from the excellent (and trustworthy) addgadgets.com.

(This is on Windows 7 64-bit SP1)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stig wrote: »
    OK, but my MS Weather gadget stopped working, as I think they changed some permissions on Registry keys following a security alert.

the weather gadget can be fixed by this fix

Go to "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live\Services\Cache", open "Config.xml" (-> Edit) and save it (File -> Save) without doing any changes. After 10-20 seconds restart the gadget!
  • ShimanoShimano Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a01020304 wrote: »
    the weather gadget can be fixed by this fix

Go to "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live\Services\Cache", open "Config.xml" (-> Edit) and save it (File -> Save) without doing any changes. After 10-20 seconds restart the gadget!

You should've said 'might' be fixed as it doesn't work for me.