Options

BBUSA 18 - Pre-season news and general discussion thread!

Comments

• Options
    purpleshadow1purpleshadow1 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Victor has same surname as Jenn City - anyone else spot any links?
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    I'd imagine they'll all have a connection to another houseguest, and that Vanessa and Cody will return with 2 other returnees with a connection to another houseguest.

I don't know why they would want Cody back though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Victor doesn't know if he could cut someone he has a close personal connection with at the end, and would prefer to be loved by America and lose than be hated and win.

Paulie thinks Cody had one of the best social games in the history of the show, and wants to play exactly like him.

Not great so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bront: I'm a mathematician
    Jeff: What's 9x9?
    Bront: I can't do it in my head

This girl is nuts. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Michelle reminded me of Nicole so much that I checked where she was from - they are both from Michigan.

Edit: Just watching more - there's no way these two are related
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "I've seen the more recent seasons - 16 and 17" is code for "I'm a recruit and this is what they've shown me".
  • Options
    steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone got anything for us non american folk to watch feeds yet as to me BB is the feeds & i just cant watch without the feeds & thank you if you have
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a mathematician also, so I will be endorsing Bronte GODDESS SUPREME <333
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mixed cast :(

Feel deflated now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Reserved wrote: »
    Mixed cast :(

Feel deflated now.

I don't mind having vets and newbies.

All I don't want is Battle of the Block. If Julie announces it, i'll just... URGH!
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »

All I don't want is Battle of the Block. If Julie announces it, i'll just... URGH!

Can't be bothered watching 12 people ram themselves up the arses of ex-housemates and play for them to win, and after what happened in BB13, I don't know whether to bother with this series. Biggest fix ever at final six which handed Rachel the win.
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member

I would rather All Stars but vets and newbies will do.

I agree about Battle of the Block. Really don't want it to come back.. I can't deal with it for ANOTHER season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing we don't find out who the vets are until the premiere? Or does it get leaked before hand?

I remember with the coaches everyone knew the 4 before but wasn't the duos in BB13 kept secret until the season begun?
  • Options
    steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I want it gone but id be very surprised if they get rid of it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    New house pictures + interview with the executive producers
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-18-house-tour-903441

No battle of the block (Grodner says it may come back in the future)
    A new Sunday competition is coming.

Allison Grodner on Diary Room sessions
    Grodner: It depends. If it's too performed, no. We don't like people to perform for us. We really don't. If it's working naturally for them.
    She's so full of BS :D
    Meehan: We need to keep the stakes high in the Sunday show because we didn't want to go back to Have Not competitions.

Grodner: You want competitions that have stakes, that really mean something. This new competition really does that. So the nominations falls somewhere in the middle and then this competition and then, you'll see.

Meehan: A new ceremony at the end.

Grodner: A new ceremony!

A new ceremony = more feeds downtime.

Wonder what it will be though? I hope it doesn't disrupt the HoH's reign too much. We already have a PoV - I wonder if it's like a throw back to the MVP where the winner of the new competition gets to name a third nominee?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Video house tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9jeO3yU91s

VPN needed outside the US to view it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Advertisement teases 4 "mystery guests"
    https://twitter.com/LisaBreezy/status/743980758231097344
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's feed downtime right now as they are already in the house. The audience are trained to just accept it though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    starry wrote: »
    There's feed downtime right now as they are already in the house. The audience are trained to just accept it though.

Yep, they moved in on June 15 - live feeds begin on June 23 (Day 9). The season runs for 99 days - the longest ever (beating last season by 1 day).

There have occasionally been feed leaks in previous years, I remember in season 14 they accidentally leaked Janelle/Dan on the feeds and showed quite a few housemates who had not been evicted in that year's Day 1 eviction twist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    NO Battle of the Block YAY
  • Options
    billieannbillieann Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone help me in the UK see the live feed when it starts? Last year a forum member kindly let me have a means to watch but I have not been able to get any help so far this year. Thanks.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wednesday can't come quick enough for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kristen Moretti, disqualified from BB18 casting last month for being employed by a CBS affiliate, on her friend Tiffany Rousso - including pictures of when Tiffany got her key.

https://www.facebook.com/ToWhomItMayConcern/posts/10154157248325396
  • Options
    Forum Member
    With two days to go now it is generally accepted all round that the returnees are Frank (BB14), Nicole (BB16), James (BB17) and Da'Vonne (BB17). There are no other rumours that haven't been discredited, and aside from those 4 nobody else seems to have dropped off the social media radar.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    With two days to go now it is generally accepted all round that the returnees are Frank (BB14), Nicole (BB16), James (BB17) and Da'Vonne (BB17). There are no other rumours that haven't been discredited, and aside from those 4 nobody else seems to have dropped off the social media radar.

Surely they can't be returning as coaches then? Da'Vonne was terrible that was second evicted, James and Nicole were pretty bad too and Nicole had a second chance. Frank I like but there's no denying he had so much help from production.