Glee (US Pace) (Part 5)

Comments

• CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dizzie wrote: »
    The song spoilers for 506 have actually been confirmed by a separate site:
    The Billy Joel tribute has been confirmed by his own website. I doubt they'd have the information unless it was actually correct. http://www.billyjoel.com/news/billy-joel-glee-tribute-episode-air-november-21-fox

Episode 6 looks to be a Billy Joel tribute! The title is “Movin Out” Spoilers report that current high school seniors, Blaine and Sam, will be making their post-graduation plans, with Blaine and Kurt reuniting in NYC.

“Movin’ Out” – Episode 6 – 5×06 Song Spoilers

“Movin’ Out”
    “Piano Man”
    “My Life”
    “Honesty”
    “An Innocent Man”
    “Just The Way You Are”

So if these spoilers were spot on, it stands to reason that the song titles for episode 5 are also correct:

The End of Twerk Episode 5×05 Song Spoilers

“You are Woman, I am Man” from Funny Girl
    “Blurred Lines” by Robin Thicke
    “If I Were A Boy” by Beyonce
    “Wrecking Ball” by Miley Cyrus
    “On Our Way” by The Royal Concept

I know Ep06 songs have been confirmed, the site which spoiled them linked directly to Billy Joel's site for the source :)
    I'm talking about Ep05 which, as far as I am aware, have no other source for the song spoilers as yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    So excited for ep 6...can't work spoilers on my phone, will post tomorrow!
  • dizziedizzie Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    I know Ep06 songs have been confirmed, the site which spoiled them linked directly to Billy Joel's site for the source :)
    I'm talking about Ep05 which, as far as I am aware, have no other source for the song spoilers as yet.
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. The original site that spoiled both 505 and 506 song lists, at the same time, has now had the list for 506 verified by a separate place. It basically stands to reason that MJ's Big Blog - the original source of the spoiler information - is right on both episode counts. Of course, everyone in the Glee fandom basically just waits for GOBR to get round to confirming the spoilers (although, I understand that one of the Brazilian mods has confirmed these songs through private messages to one or two people, just not announced properly on their site). There's also a few cast and crew tweets which appear to support all of the songs listed for 505:
    a bunch of the cast singing 'If I Were A Boy' on Instagram, tweet references to twerking and controversy, GOBR saying there's a Miley song in the episode etc. The Funny Girl song could be speculation, but it certainly fits with Rachel's casting in the musical. The only one that's totally left field is the On My Way song - which is basically too obscure a song just to be plucked out as a random song to guess. I dunno, I'm betting we'll get confirmation pretty soon though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. The original site that spoiled both 505 and 506 song lists, at the same time, has now had the list for 506 verified by a separate place. It basically stands to reason that MJ's Big Blog - the original source of the spoiler information - is right on both episode counts.

I don't think it's necessary the case that because one set of spoilers is right, the second will also be. This site has revealed spoilers before but they were related to specific characters if I remember rightly.
    I'm not saying they're not right, just that there's not been confirmation from the "usual" Glee spoiler sources :)
    Also, if I read the blog rightly, they were spoiling Ep06 from the information on the Billy Joel website not from another source? They probably are right, I was only commenting to say I'd not seen any confirmation from the "usual suspects".

And apparently GoBr has confirmed two of the songs
    (Wrecking Ball sung by Marley and If I Was A Boy sung by Unique)
    and the singers for them so the rest are probably going to be right.

There's another review/preview piece for The Quarterback here. It does contain snippets from the episode for anyone wanting to avoid spoilers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GOBR have been unusually reticent this season in giving out spoilers. They got a lot of backlash last year when they teased an awful lot, gave out big chunks of plot. People didn't seem to like the way they went about it. Now, they've restricted themselves to purely episode titles, song spoilers and very little else (the occasional hints but not much).
    Wrecking Ball - Marley
    If I Were A Boy - Unique
    Both should be really good - especially the Unique song. Alex hasn't had a solo since season 3(!), I can't wait to hear this. His voice is spectacular. If these two songs are correct, I'd say the others are right too, we're just waiting on the singers for those ones.
    The new spoiler site got a bit screwed over, as far as I can tell, with those Adam Lambert spoilers. They appeared to have solid information, and then it appears that song choices were changed - Lady Gaga herself thought Adam was singing a different song to the one he's ended up with, and she tweeted about Adam citing the wrong song. I think there were some last minute script changes, as often happens on Glee, and they got caught out having given out the spoilers before that happened. It made them look unreliable, but I think this new set of spoilers has proved they do have a genuine, solid source of information for season 5 filming.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Does anyone have any song spoilers for 5x04?
  • lil_boolil_boo Posts: 1,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ross4491 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any song spoilers for 5x04?
    Roar - Unique, Jake, Sam, Marley, Tina, Artie, Ryder, Kitty, Blaine, Kurt, Rachel, Santana, Dani, & Starchild
    Applause - Sam, Marley, Artie, Ryder & Blaine
    Wide Awake - Tina, Unique, Jake & Kitty
    Marry The Night - Starchild (Adam's character)

only 4 songs released so far, episode title is A Lady or a Gaga, so obviously, it's Katy Perry and Lady Gaga
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil_boo wrote: »
    Roar - Unique, Jake, Sam, Marley, Tina, Artie, Ryder, Kitty, Blaine, Kurt, Rachel, Santana, Dani, & Starchild
    Applause - Sam, Marley, Artie, Ryder & Blaine
    Wide Awake - Tina, Unique, Jake & Kitty
    Marry The Night - Starchild (Adam's character)

only 4 songs released so far, episode title is A Lady or a Gaga, so obviously, it's Katy Perry and Lady Gaga
    Actually, I think that's the full list of songs for that episode - no more to come.It's a low song number, but not entirely unprecedented for Glee. After the first two episodes were so song-heavy, it's kind of what Glee does to go back to a more story-focused episode afterwards.

BTW, a 506 song confirmation from GOBR now with the singer:
    Movin' Out - Blaine and Sam
    Blam duets are definitely a thing this show wants to see continuing, it appears. Fits perfectly with their post-grad plans being a big part of this episode. Apparently, there's going to be a career fair in this episode too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmed 505 song spoilers and singers:
    Wrecking Ball - Marley
    If I Were A Boy - Unique
    On Our Way - Tina, Artie, Blaine, Sam, Marley, Kitty, Unique, Ryder & Jake.
    You Are Woman, I Am Man - Rachel & Paolo
    Blurred Lines - Artie, Bree, Kitty, Jake & Will

FYI: Paolo is the 'Nick Arnstein' character played by Ioan Gruffudd. Who can actually sing, according to his Wiki page, and has performed at the National Eisteddfod. Who knew?! Can't wait to hear him though. Blurred Lines though - good grief, that's going to be interesting!
  • xxLoopy_louxxxxLoopy_louxx Posts: 21,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmed 505 song spoilers and singers:
    Wrecking Ball - Marley
    If I Were A Boy - Unique
    On Our Way - Tina, Artie, Blaine, Sam, Marley, Kitty, Unique, Ryder & Jake.
    You Are Woman, I Am Man - Rachel & Paolo
    Blurred Lines - Artie, Bree, Kitty, Jake & Will

FYI: Paolo is the 'Nick Arnstein' character played by Ioan Gruffudd. Who can actually sing, according to his Wiki page, and has performed at the National Eisteddfod. Who knew?! Can't wait to hear him though. Blurred Lines though - good grief, that's going to be interesting!
    Will singing Blurred Lines?! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will singing Blurred Lines?! :eek:
    Well he's maintaining his record of singing with the students on slightly skeevy songs that make that Paedo!Will nickname seem really appropriate - Toxic and Bust A Move, anyone? See also his shudderingly terrifying performances of 'I Want To Sex You Up', or his 'I still can't watch it' attempt at seducing Sue with 'Tell Me Something Good'! I love it when he sings some of his other stuff - Matt M's voice is actually great - things like Singing in the Rain/Umbrella or Make 'Em Laugh, just please keep him away from the kids! The only time it ever worked was when he was part of the group singing 'It's All Over' to Mercedes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    this episode is so hard to watch
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this episode is so hard to watch

It's heartbreaking and totally perfect. I can't even begin to think how the hell the cast and crew did it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was beautiful and heartbreaking ,it was perfect. Well done to everyone involved ,you could see how much love went into it :cry:
  • lil_boolil_boo Posts: 1,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow, that was such a powerful episode, every scene was heartbreaking, yet through the tears, there was the odd funny moment (like Puck not knowing that trees grew).

Every performance was perfect, I was worried how the songs would translate on to screen, but they were perfect, in particular, Mercedes', Puck's and Rachel's were particularly emotional, especially during MYFML they cut the camera from Lea to the rest of the cast and you could see that every tear was real :(

I loved what his plaque said:
    The show must go on... all over the place... or something
    Taken from Night of Neglect in Season 2
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A good way to say goodbye to Finn and Cory.

Glad they didn't say how Finn died better this way.

I only really teared up when Will cried.

Switched over to E4 and they were showing Glee 'Hell-0'. Early Finn.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't get too emotional throughout the episode. I'm not sure why. Everyone grieves in different ways I suppose and I just found it hard to cry for Finn when its Cory I should be crying for.

A very special episode. The Santanna and Sue scenes stole it for me. Beautiful stuff
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I jumped off of Glee a long time ago, but I came back for this episode. I cried through the entire ep...
    Some of it was my personal baggage, some of it was the episode, a lot of it was the reality of the world losing a Good Guy.
    A talented and positive individual. Rest In Peace, Cory; you made a lot of people happy.
  • XOXoAbbieoXOXXOXoAbbieoXOX Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bawled my eyes out through that entire episode. It was just so sad.

Carole's grief had me floored. All the songs were sung with such feeling and intensity and the ending was just the finisher for me.

A beautiful episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was definitely more tear inducing than I expected (for me personally). I can't see the value in going over this particular episode point by point but I wanted to share my highlights:

Mercedes performance was the first part to set me off but seeing them all turn around in "SoL" definitely put in the foundations (as well as Kurt explaining where Rachel was).

The Kurt/Carole/Burt scene was tough going but really well done. I'm glad they gave Kurt more screentime in place of a solo etc. Carole really shone through for me but of course she was always going to. It speaks volumes that she turned to hug Kurt wearing Finn's jacket. Can't say I was a fan of them going back to the "faggy" conversation, it felt resolved in Theatricality for me but I guess an onscreen resolution was needed.

I was COMPLETELY shocked at Santana's reaction and actually gasped when she shoved Sue...I don't know why something so mild illicited such a shocked reaction (much more than when she slapped Finn).

Didn't much care for the characters who grieved in non-traditional ways (Puck and Sue etc) but they just aren't my style so it makes sense for me but it's good they included it (after all Glee is a comedy).

I'm glad pretty much every "key" character got a scene or two.

I'm so glad that Lea had a much larger part in it than I thought she might. She was wonderful and strong to have done that so bravo to her. It's a shame they cut out the scene from the trailer of them looking at the plaque and crying but I guess there had been enough so that. "The show must go all over the place...or something".

Schue's ending really got to me as well but I don't quite know why. I guess its because I knew the ending was coming up. Good way to end it though. Really good actually. It'll be interesting to see if we see the Letter jacket show up again and what Schue is ultimately going to do with it...

Glee is so responsible for changing the world we live in today. Either directly or indirectly it has had an impact on so much of modern times and really made it okay to be who you are in this day and age. I owe Glee a complete debt of gratitude because of Kurt but the show never would have been what it was without our dopey, lovable Quarterback.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was an amazing episode. Heartbreaking, emotional and pitch perfect. A great tribute to a very lovely guy - on screen and off. Lea Michele - holy hell, what a strong woman to do this episode the way she did. That performance just floored me, those reactions certainly weren't acted in any way. RIP Cory. You are so missed.

BTW, The Quarterback EP is up to no.2 on the iTunes chart. It could even go to number 1 - plus Make You Feel My Love is in the top 20 singles. I sort of expected that the songs would have high impact, but it looks like this will be a huge numbers episode for Glee. More money for the charities that Cory supported, as 100% of the profits are being donated from this episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BTW, The Quarterback EP is up to no.2 on the iTunes chart. It could even go to number 1 - plus Make You Feel My Love is in the top 20 singles. I sort of expected that the songs would have high impact, but it looks like this will be a huge numbers episode for Glee. More money for the charities that Cory supported, as 100% of the profits are being donated from this episode.

I am so glad, I'm going to buy the album next week when I get paid not only because I think all the songs are absolutely perfect but because the money will go to hopefully help stop any other troubled 13-year-olds from stepping down the path which led to Cory's sad death.

As for the episode itself, simply too much emotion to put into words but stand out moments for me were the Hudson-Hummel scene, Santana's outburst after singing If I Die Young, Puck and Beiste (Puck in general, Mark absolutely killed me with his portrayal of Puck's grief and it wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't too far from the truth given his first response on Twitter), Rachel's talk with Will and Will's eventual breakdown with the Letterman jacket.
    I also was glad they had some humour still as well, it helped provide little pockets of relief. Tina's Goth comment had me laughing, as did Emma's pamphlets.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Puck's grief got my eyes watering, but after MYFML the flood gates opened, I just couldn't stop.
    Beautiful, although I'm annoyed about the Tina bit - she's not a selfish character, but they've turned her into a diva. Maybe I misinterpreted it, I just didn't find Tina's Goth stuff necessary. The humour with Puck was good though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Puck's grief got my eyes watering, but after MYFML the flood gates opened, I just couldn't stop.
    Beautiful, although I'm annoyed about the Tina bit - she's not a selfish character, but they've turned her into a diva. Maybe I misinterpreted it, I just didn't find Tina's Goth stuff necessary. The humour with Puck was good though.

It was to show how different people grieve that's all, it was a little moment of humour relating to Tina's Goth phase and then you saw her real reaction in the choir room when Rachel sang MYFML.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I loved the episode but never want to have to see it ever again. I cried like three times but there was a joke soon after the sad parts which made everything more lighthearted.

My favourite scenes were Tina in Emma's office, it made me laugh so much and Santana singing her song, there was so much emotion, someone on twitter said that the crying wasn't planned but I don't know if that's true or not.

I want Finn's jacket too...