"Celebrity Big Brother UK: George Gilbey gets the Gogglebox axe"

Comments

• Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never watched Gogglebox and for what it's worth, I'm not getting all the George love.
  • Lucky lad34Lucky lad34 Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This would have obviously been pointed out to him before he went in but he chose to go in thus ruining it for his mum & dad as well the selfish little turd
  • dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This would have obviously been pointed out to him before he went in but he chose to go in thus ruining it for his mum & dad as well the selfish little turd

Maybe the three of them discussed it before he went in?
  • Lucky lad34Lucky lad34 Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    Maybe the three of them discussed it before he went in?
    ive pretty much no doubt they did and being loving parents theyll have encouraged him just like my parents would,however i would realise that my few weeks in the house would ruin my parents enjoyable time on gogglebox permanently and i would refuse,better 3 members of the family being happy than one but oh no not him,the selfish little oik has to ruin everything
  • MilhauseMilhause Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to say the toe-sucking in the bath with Frenchy made me want to heave.:(
  • magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the Daily Mirror today it says that the family are a little strapped for cash and the money offered George was too good to turn down. I suppose you have to make hay so I wish him and his family good luck. :)
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they get paid bugger all for doing Gogglebox anyway so it's not like it's a big deal. He will make more money from Big Brother than he ever will from Gogglebox.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    magsy56 wrote: »
    In the Daily Mirror today it says that the family are a little strapped for cash and the money offered George was too good to turn down. I suppose you have to make hay so I wish him and his family good luck. :)

Oh! Good luck to them, maybe his parent can take turn and do CBB in the future too, :D
  • Robinson1Robinson1 Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame :(
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    Well the whole family could have been dropped from Gogglebox at any time just like any other family could, so you might as well grab any money offered you while you can. At least this gives him a bit more exposure and that can up his personal appearance fee.

So it makes financial sense.

In the article they say that they are bringing in some new families next series so who else will get the crop and never heard of again. They might as well get it while they can, before the cameras stop rolling.
  • suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ive pretty much no doubt they did and being loving parents theyll have encouraged him just like my parents would,however i would realise that my few weeks in the house would ruin my parents enjoyable time on gogglebox permanently and i would refuse,better 3 members of the family being happy than one but oh no not him,the selfish little oik has to ruin everything
    Seriously? Gogglebox is hardly the be all and end all of that family's life. I believe they get paid £30 per show so hardly a big loss. They are a family with other things to keep them busy they don't need Gogglebox to justify their existence. It was rumoured months ago that George would do CBB so I guess the family discussed it. I can see no reason why they should be dropped from C4 other than this show now being C5. Stephen and his mate from Brighton have been on million pound drop and Sunday brunch. Posh couple on 4 in a bed and north east girl on a bbc3 reality show so their reason for "punishing" the family sounds like sour grapes. Bad move I think.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not much to be proud of, he can get a proper job