I cheered on Phil when he told her some home truths!

Comments

• monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,954
    Forum Member
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    Are you saying that those who post in appreciation threads bad?

They only support, okay gush :p, about thier favourite characters.

However believe it or not, many are objective enough to pull them up on thier shortcomings.

If i had the same support as they do and they understood where i was coming from i probably wouldnt have been this bad

Do you remember in 2008 everyone on here loved them.it wasnt till drunk stuff in2009 that people started to hate them
    Forum Member
    I think its been obvious for absolutely ages that Phil doesn't really love Shirley.

Read between the lines.

Are you supposed to when phil went chasing for shirley multiple times and asked ian beale to tell her he loved her:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    I am really not that bad. Plenty of people talk about their fwv couples on twitter.

To the point of constantly talking about them and having a near breakdown if something doesn't go your way in an episode? I've never seen any as obsessed as you and it really isn't healthy. If you can't see it either, then that's even more a worry.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ahrimaniac wrote: »
    Jeez, it's NOT REAL. THEY'RE NOT REAL. THEY'RE FICTION.

NOT.

REAL.

She is aware they are not real there is no need to be high and mighty, she isn't being nasty to you so why do you feel the need to do that, yes she can be a bit overzealous but it isn't harming you, if you don't like what she has to say then there is a ignore button, people are really taking it too far now.
    Forum Member
    Facepalm wrote: »
    To the point of constantly talking about them and having a near breakdown if something doesn't go your way in an episode? I've never seen any as obsessed as you and it really isn't healthy. If you can't see it either, then that's even more a worry.

I dont constantly talk about them on there but i onestly dont thuink im that bad. There are plenty of people who are fans of couples that are obaessed. I was obsesed about kat/alfie sharon / dennis and they had their obsesssive fans. Some even thought shane and jessie fancied each ofher and kissed for real etc i kow its all fiction. I only got this bad cos it wasnt clear if he loved her and i got very confused a lot of time with people agreeing with me and other people telling me they were wrong
  • ahrimaniacahrimaniac Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    She is aware they are not real there is no need to be high and mighty, she isn't being nasty to you so why do you feel the need to do that, yes she can be a bit overzealous but it isn't harming you, if you don't like what she has to say then there is a ignore button, people are really taking it too far now.

I'll tell you why - this is a discussion board. People want to talk about the episodes. Recently, it's like every thread with a mere mention of Phil and Shirley becomes a long, drawn-out affair where Mona goes over every minute and sentence of their screentime. Proper discussion goes by the wayside. Ignore button doesn't work because people end up quoting her and trying to reason with her, which is about as much use as trying to have a conversation with a doorknob. So even on ignore, I still end up seeing her nonsense.

I'm sorry Mona, but it really is that annoying. I want to read different views and that's why I come to a soaps forum. I don't want to read the same old shite day in day out.
    Forum Member
    I dont constantly talk about them on there but i onestly dont thuink im that bad. There are plenty of people who are fans of couples that are obaessed. I was obsesed about kat/alfie sharon / dennis and they had their obsesssive fans. Some even thought shane and jessie fancied each ofher and kissed for real etc i kow its all fiction. I only got this bad cos it wasnt clear if he loved her and i got very confused a lot of time with people agreeing with me and other people telling me they were wrong

*sigh*...Ok...ok...

I can't say anything else so I'll leave you be.
    Forum Member

I'm sorry Mona, but it really is that annoying. I want to read different views and that's why I come to a soaps forum. I don't want to read the same old shite day in day out.

I do agree. I wouldn't get that annoyed but it takes over nearly every thread connected with Phil/Shirley. And it's the same, exact points being churned out and it's so pointless and tedious to read.
    Forum Member
    Facepalm wrote: »
    *sigh*...Ok...ok...

I can't say anything else so I'll leave you be.

Im trying to explain why :confused:
    Forum Member
    I'll tell you why - this is a discussion board. People want to talk about the episodes. Recently, it's like every thread with a mere mention of Phil and Shirley becomes a long, drawn-out affair where Mona goes over every minute and sentence of their screentime. Proper discussion goes by the wayside. Ignore button doesn't work because people end up quoting her and trying to reason with her, which is about as much use as trying to have a conversation with a doorknob. So even on ignore, I still end up seeing her nonsense.

I only talk about them when they are in episdoes or eps due to air. This heather murder stuff has been big and their whatever it is relationship i dont know but they were involved in it big so of course im going to discuss them and hope that the story had something complex
  • ahrimaniacahrimaniac Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only talk about them when they are in episdoes or eps due to wir. This heather murder stuff has been big and their whatever it is relationship i dont know but they were involved in it big so of course im going to discuss them and hope that thr story had something complex

But why not talk about them in JUST ONE THREAD? Or in the appreciation thread? Or why say the same things day in and day out again and again in so many other threads?

Can you really not understand why people get annoyed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Then avoid her posts its not hard, reply to the ones you want, I see a lot of crap on here I choose what threads I want to read and posts in you will get loads of posters like that Mona isn't any different and if she wants to post that stuff then unless the mods say otherwise she can like you said its a discussion board and that is what she is doing people don't have to come in here and converse with her but they do and some do it to wind her up and yes I'm aware she is guilty of it too not always listening to others points of views and that's something she will have to work on but posters have a choice on what they want to view and reply too.
  • jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't understand this...why do differing opinions confuse you? And if you really believe Phil loves Shirley, why do you see Sharon as a threat? It seems that whenever you turn these threads into a discussion about Phirley it's like you're trying to convince yourself as well as others. As well as hanging on to the writers/actors' opinions - that's all they are, opinions!

As for appreciation threads - well, that's what they're there for?
    Forum Member
    But why not talk about them in JUST ONE THREAD? Or in the appreciation thread? Or why say the same things day in and day out again and again in so many other threads?

Can you really not understand why people get annoyed?

Cos i start threads and people come in make jokes tell me im wrong without making debates it can never stay in one thread
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

You're never going to get the same opinion from everyone mona. It doesn't help that Phil is a gifted liar and has never stood by any woman when it comes to his family.

Maybe one day you'll get a deffinitive answer, but I doubt it. The writers can change things at will just to fit in with the next storyline.

I know that you're a big fan of Lindas. Can't you just be pleased and proud that she has done an outstanding job portraying Shirley this week and that her popularity has rocketed ?
    Focus on the positives .
    Forum Member
    jenn123 wrote: »
    I don't understand this...why do differing opinions confuse you? And if you really believe Phil loves Shirley, why do you see Sharon as a threat? It seems that whenever you turn these threads into a discussion about Phirley it's like you're trying to convince yourself as well as others. As well as hanging on to the writers/actors' opinions - that's all they are, opinions!

As for appreciation threads - well, that's what they're there for?

Nobody posted in them. I cant talk to myself can i?

So bk was wrong when he said phil loved shirley? It was everyone on here who kept saying hed cheat on her or drop her for sharon
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    You're never going to get the same opinion from everyone mona. It doesn't help that Phil is a gifted liar and has never stood by any woman when it comes to his family.

Maybe one day you'll get a deffinitive answer, but I doubt it. The writers can change things at will just to fit in with the next storyline.

I know that you're a big fan of Lindas. Can't you just be pleased and proud that she has done an outstanding job portraying Shirley this week and that her popularity has rocketed ?
    Focus on the positives .
    Phil kept saying it would destroy shirley if the truth came out. Never showed any of that tonight
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member

You might as well. What's the difference between talking to yourself and talking to people you take no notice of?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another Phil and Shirley argument? These seems to be more frequent than Kat dropping her knickers.
  • jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So bk was wrong when he said phil loved shirley? It was everyone on here who kept saying hed cheat on her or drop her for sharon

He wasn't wrong, but it may have just been his opinion at the time. You said last night was 'proof' that Phil didn't love Sharon. Surely you didn't need that proof?
    Forum Member
    EEFanatic wrote: »
    Another Phil and Shirley argument? These seems to be more frequent than Kat dropping her knickers.

To be fair this was about phil chucking sharon out for ben. They were gonna get more frequent this week more than ever im only debating oos im confused
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mona all the producers say different things at the time they are in charge nothing is set in stone as storylines change new characters come and go and the writers will do what they feel is right for the storyline to fit it.

At the end of the day does it matter, as long as you think what you like about them then that is all that counts keep complicating yourself going over it really just makes things more confusing you should be proud of Linda's performance I think you should have a read of a thread on here where SF was getting interviewed by someone it might make you understand what he says more.
    Forum Member
    jenn123 wrote: »
    He wasn't wrong, but it may have just been his opinion at the time. You said last night was 'proof' that Phil didn't love Sharon. Surely you didn't need that proof?

I thought it was last night but his reaction to shirley tonight showed it more obviously wed been here before during their wedding ep foreshadowing it even, if shed been there thenphil wouldve done the same thing
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Mona all the producers say different things at the time they are in charge nothing is set in stone as storylines change new characters come and go and the writers will do what the feel is right for the storyline to fit it.

At the end of the day does it matter, as long as you think what you like about them then that is all that counts keep complicating yourself going over it really just makes things more confusing you should be proud of Linda's performance I think you should have a read of a thread on here where SF was getting interviewed by someone it might make you understand what he says more.
    Sf? Steve? About real life? :confused: