Biggest character transplants

grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Will in HO had a massive transplant from a geeky kind of character quite shy to a psycho murderer.

Comments

• hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HO
    Will
    Finn
    Jen
    Sam
    Doug

CS
    Tina
    Dennis
  • Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE

Kat - She bent over backwards to win Alfie back in 2005 and would not have cheated again.
    Sharon - Overly critical to others.
    Alfie -To a doormat that would put up with cheating. He simply would not in 2004, irrespective of the fact that Andy Hunter was the next thing to rape.
    Sam - Like Kat, also regressed to a slapper. At least they had the two versions of Sam to partially account for that one.

I won't count Ronnie as her going bad does appear to be character progression.

CS

Todd - Scheming and manipulating
    Sunita - Just a cow it seemed.
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunita Parekh
    Molly Dobbs
    Todd Grimshaw
    Tina McIntyre
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hetty100 wrote: »
    HO
    Will
    Finn
    Jen
    Sam
    Doug

CS
    Tina
    Dennis

Will I agree with.

Finn - well I can imagine that committing a horrific crime like rape for power/control could harden a person so it's not too unrealistic.
  • hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    Lisa Hunter - Hollyoaks
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billy Mitchell in EE. When he first came into it he was Jamie's abusive and violent uncle. Now he's a comedy buffoon who wouldn't say boo to a goose. Really odd personality transplant, that one.
  • sunny daysunny day Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jim Branning in Eastenders as well as Billy.....A racist who didn't want Carol to marry Alan and who locked up his son , Max, because he had a black friend...ends up best mates with Patrick
  • SamL94SamL94 Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    Finn in Hollyoaks. Dislike the character for obvious reasons (it's hard to like a rapist haha) but he is still one of the characters I most enjoy watching.

It's funny to think about how he's changed from around 2011 time when the character was played by a different actor.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,888
    Forum Member
    Laurel Thomas - Emmerdale

Ashley Thomas - Emmerdale although he as reverted back to his usual self now, but it felt like he was turned into a dad-basher to justify splitting him from Laurel

Lisa Hunter - Hollyoaks

Sunita Alahan - Corrie

Also Lucy Beale in EE seems to have gone from a tough mouthy bint during Melissa Suffield's era to a feeble wouldn't say boo to a goose type since Hetti Bywater took over.
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Billy Mitchell in EE. When he first came into it he was Jamie's abusive and violent uncle. Now he's a comedy buffoon who wouldn't say boo to a goose. Really odd personality transplant, that one.

Too true. He's completely different now.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve McDonald. He used to be a bad boy that went to prison. Now he's just a joke that everyone laughs at!
  • ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamL94 wrote: »
    Finn in Hollyoaks. Dislike the character for obvious reasons (it's hard to like a rapist haha) but he is still one of the characters I most enjoy watching.

It's funny to think about how he's changed from around 2011 time when the character was played by a different actor.

Glad someone else feels like I do. I do think especially with the underage sex plot Keith Rice would have been more believable sleeping with Amber.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Will I agree with.

Finn - well I can imagine that committing a horrific crime like rape for power/control could harden a person so it's not too unrealistic.

well I find it hard to believe how Finn was months ago, he would do something like that so yeah it does seem like a personality transplant to me.
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Billy and Shabnam for Eastenders.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie - Sunita, Todd, Owen, Tina, Dennis
    Emmerdale - Cain, Paddy, Rhona, Laurel, Alicia (so much better without David)
  • Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    sunny day wrote: »
    Jim Branning in Eastenders as well as Billy.....A racist who didn't want Carol to marry Alan and who locked up his son , Max, because he had a black friend...ends up best mates with Patrick

BIB - They kind of corrected this by having Derek reveal it to be him who locked Max up for having a black friend.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ameredith wrote: »
    Glad someone else feels like I do. I do think especially with the underage sex plot Keith Rice would have been more believable sleeping with Amber.

Yeh, could you imagine if the original actor was still playing Finn.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Pat in Ee. A nasty, horrible tart changing into everyone's favourite auntie. Absolutely loathed her.
  • lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    Ethan in Hollyoaks. Suddenly turned from nice copper to love rat.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kim_x wrote: »
    EE

Kat - She bent over backwards to win Alfie back in 2005 and would not have cheated again.
    Sharon - Overly critical to others.
    Alfie -To a doormat that would put up with cheating. He simply would not in 2004, irrespective of the fact that Andy Hunter was the next thing to rape.
    Sam - Like Kat, also regressed to a slapper. At least they had the two versions of Sam to partially account for that one.

I won't count Ronnie as her going bad does appear to be character progression.

CS

Todd - Scheming and manipulating
    Sunita - Just a cow it seemed.
    Agree with all those
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shabbitch Masood went from being best friends with Dawn Swann of all people to returning to Walford as a strict Muslim.
  • sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Todd from Corrie
    Sharon from EE
    Steph from Neighbours
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Laurel Thomas - Emmerdale

Ashley Thomas - Emmerdale although he as reverted back to his usual self now, but it felt like he was turned into a dad-basher to justify splitting him from Laurel
    Lisa Hunter - Hollyoaks

Sunita Alahan - Corrie

Also Lucy Beale in EE seems to have gone from a tough mouthy bint during Melissa Suffield's era to a feeble wouldn't say boo to a goose type since Hetti Bywater took over.
    Ashley had a mental breakdown when yet a second wife betrayed him, which led to his uncharacteristic behaviour. It was very poor writing that the church did not support him back to health, as they would have done in real life. He is now back to his original nice character and should have been reinstated in Emmerdale church when Jude left.
    Fiz (CS) The change in her character is strange; she used to be a pleasant, helpful person, now she has become a stalker (to Roy).
    Steve (CS): he has mellowed and I now like the character.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Claire in Hollyoaks changed completely when they changed actresses!
  • sas6789sas6789 Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Minty EE