Options

EastEnders Week 38 spoilers (22nd-26th September 2014)

jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
Forum Member
Monday 22nd September 2014
Phil’s stag-do promises to be eventful as both Jay and Shirley have surprises in store for him.

Tuesday 23rd September 2014
Shirley is horrified when a familiar face turns up at The Vic.
A drunken Dean makes an unexpected proposition to Tosh.

Thursday 25th September 2014
Sharon tries to build some bridges to save her relationship, but will it change Phil’s feelings?

Friday 26th September 2014
It’s Phil and Sharon’s wedding and secrets and lies come to a head…
Phil has to make a decision between the two women in his life, but who will he pick?
Roxy gets a surprise visitor and some even more surprising news.

Comments

• Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I guess this is the week Ben turns up? The surprise from Jay on Phil's stag do is probably Ben, and then Shirley's horror on Tuesday is definitely going to be him, if the September advert was anything to go by.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monday/Tuesday must be Ben and Friday must be Ronnie.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for those - sounds great :)
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    So my guess is on Monday: Ben arrives and Shirley reveals her feelings for Phil.
    On Tuesday: Ben turns up at the Vic and Dean offers to be Tosh's baby father.
    On Thursday: Sharon tries to make amends with Phil and Phil struggles to tell Sharon that he's been cheating.
    On Friday: all the secrets are out and Phil makes his decision Sharon or Shirley, Shirely or Sharon. Also Ronnie arrives pregnant
  • Options
    lovinglifelovinglife Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    Yay! EastEnders is on fire right now! Yes! Although no mention of the Masood's and Shabnam's secret...
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Ronnie :)

Ben :D

Ben and Shirley :o

Not too sure about the rest........Dean and Tina seems very random.:confused:
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Looks like a good week but the ending is awfully predictable. Phil chooses Sharon so Shirley decides to tell her about the affair, she can't forgive him for it and leaves him. It is a bit yawn. I was hoping for a few surprises but it's completely obvious and underwhelming. I actually did want Phil to pick Shirley in the end..:blush:

Still Ben and Ronnie are back! Ben vs Shirley. And an appearance from Aunt Sal! :)
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Looks good but I'm surprised they're having the wedding on Friday, given the ratings, although Fridays have been a bit higher lately, last week it was second only to Monday's episode. That said, given that ITV are planning yet another Emmerdale clash maybe BBC will make it an hour on Tuesday, meaning there's no Friday episode.

I still think we could get a few surprises, these are only the short spoilers after all. I'm not going to write it off until we actually see the episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    Looks like a good week but the ending is awfully predictable. Phil chooses Sharon so Shirley decides to tell her about the affair, she can't forgive him for it and leaves him. It is a bit yawn. I was hoping for a few surprises but it's completely obvious and underwhelming. I actually did want Phil to pick Shirley in the end..:blush:

Still Ben and Ronnie are back! Ben vs Shirley. And an appearance from Aunt Sal! :)

You never know, he may actually choose Shirley BUT would the producers make Sharon a loser this time? Not sure about this. I cannot wait for Ben vs Shirley. I love Shirley but I want to see more scenes of Shirley and the NON Carters (if this makes sense).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    You never know, he may actually choose Shirley BUT would the producers make Sharon a loser this time? Not sure about this. I cannot wait for Ben vs Shirley. I love Shirley but I want to see more scenes of Shirley and the NON Carters (if this makes sense).

They wouldn't. In one way, I would have liked to have seen Sharon hit bottom so that she could work her way back up on her on merit - if that makes sense? But TPTB won't have that and therefore I'm 99% sure that Phil will choose Sharon but she will find out about the affair and walk away. Shame because although it's not the most popular opinion on here, I did like Shirley and Phil and I liked Shirley's relationship with the Mitchell's.:blush: (also that I didn't want Shirley to end up the fool, again!)

I cannot wait for Bens return, I think they may have got lucky won NuBen. From the trailer,the casting on point.

The non Carters?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They wouldn't. In one way, I would have liked to have seen Sharon hit bottom so that she could work her way back up on her on merit - if that makes sense? But TPTB won't have that and therefore I'm 99% sure that Phil will choose Sharon but she will find out about the affair and walk away. Shame because although it's not the most popular opinion on here, I did like Shirley and Phil and I liked Shirley's relationship with the Mitchell's.:blush: (also that I didn't want Shirley to end up the fool, again!)

I cannot wait for Bens return, I think they may have got lucky won NuBen. From the trailer,the casting on point.

The non Carters?

Ah yes she's bound to find out about the affair and probably decides to finish with him for good. But there's the gun etc.. Shirley and Phil are massively popular outside of Digital Spy. I think Sharon may actually be liked again by the public if she cut ties with Phil because many fans dislike her for "stealing" Shirley's place in the Mitchell household.

When I say non carters, I mean other characters that aren't related to the Carters. Eg: Denise, the Mitchells, etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah yes she's bound to find out about the affair and probably decides to finish with him for good. But there's the gun etc.. Shirley and Phil are massively popular outside of Digital Spy. I think Sharon may actually be liked again but the public if she cut ties with Phil because many fans dislike her for "stealing" Shirley's place in the Mitchell household.

When I say non carters, I mean other characters that aren't related to the Carters. Eg: Denise, the Mitchells, etc.

I can see Phil choosing Sharon and her finding out about the affair so she finishes with him but where does that leave Shirley? Bitter. Actually I do agree, a lot of fans outside of DS dislike Sharon for usurping Shirley's place in Phil's affections. I'm not a huge fan of Sharon but I don't dislike her if that makes sense? I would have liked to have seen her hit bottom and rise up to her old self again, if you see what I mean. We have seen Shirley hit bottom numerous times and this upcoming Dean rape s/l is sure to spark more misery!

Oh yes, I just wanted to clarify. I liked book club, back in the day! Ha. I do like Shirley's relationship with the Mitchell's - Ronnie, Roxy, Peggy, Jay and so on. Plus Denise, Jane, Dot and Jean. The banter with Masood is also fun to watch. I do think she works well with other characters. I like Sharon's relationships with Dot, Ian, Linda, Johnny, Cindy and so on. I also like Sharon and Shirley as - well whatever they are to each other!

I wonder how the gun does come into play. Some have suggested Ronnie gets shot and that sparks her decent into a fully blown villain.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Could Friday's episode be an hour long?
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phil’s stag-do promises to be eventful as both Jay and Shirley have surprises in store for him.

Sharon tries to build some bridges to save her relationship, but will it change Phil’s feelings?

Phil has to make a decision between the two women in his life, but who will he pick?

BIB: Bloody hell. That hunka hunka burning love is actually getting to choose between two women? That tomato faced, huffing and puffing adonis is actually getting a say in the matter? *roll eyes*

I can't be the only one who finds that absolutely ludicrous!!!! :confused::o:D

My ideal scenario? BOTH women tell him to eff right off and flatten him with their handbags :cool:

EDIT: Sounds like a cracking week though :)
  • Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else get the feeling DTC has had enough of some the criticism he's got and just went f**k it I cant seem to please nobody, I've noticed lately the surprises have stopped and we seem to have gone back to more spoilers being released not as much being kept back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone else get the feeling DTC has had enough of some the criticism he's got and just went f**k it I cant seem to please nobody, I've noticed lately the surprises have stopped and we seem to have gone back to more spoilers being released not as much being kept back.

I don't think you could blame him really if he had! Must be a tough gig tbh.
  • Options
    TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have you already forgotten Ryan's unannounced appearance just last week? Might not have been a big surprise but still something that was held back.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    BIB: Bloody hell. That hunka hunka burning love is actually getting to choose between two women? That tomato faced, huffing and puffing adonis is actually getting a say in the matter? *roll eyes*

I can't be the only one who finds that absolutely ludicrous!!!! :confused::o:D

My ideal scenario? BOTH women tell him to eff right off and flatten him with their handbags :cool:

EDIT: Sounds like a cracking week though :)

No :D I hope we're not meant to find this romantic :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    No :D I hope we're not meant to find this romantic :p

I find it ludicrous that Phil has these two strong women fighting over him!
  • Options
    Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it ludicrous that Phil has these two strong women fighting over him!

Shirley will just forgive Phil in the end and they will get back together again probably. She's a but of a mug so I can see this happening.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sounds brilliant! It's probably the week after dean rapes linda?

I was hoping for the wedding to be the following Monday, but they might split it into two parts.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The non Carters?

Sharon's been at the bottom enough already it's time she come out on top, This story ultimately should be about her coming back stronger the real Sharon Watts and breaking the chain with Philth, the ending of that chapter, he can have Shirley any day of the week.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Yes, but when one of those women is Shirley, it's not much of a choice really. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shirley will just forgive Phil in the end and they will get back together again probably. She's a but of a mug so I can see this happening.

I would literally hate it if after Sharon leaves him, Shirley just took him.back. I think I'd despair at the writers. Sharon does have an arrogance around Phil so I would have liked that to have been tested.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,319
    Forum Member

Bobby Davros back? :o