Ray Terret?

2»

Comments

• wirewolfwirewolf Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    Sunday lunchtime ...tap Dancing to Lullaby Of Broadway by Winifred Shaw :D:o:p:cool:

He did that during his time on Signal as well. And Fools Rush In was played at the end of every show as well. When Signal took over KFM in 1990 they bizarrely put Teret on mid mornings for a short time, and he even played a brief clip of Fools Rush In at the start of that show as well. It was one hell of a change to go from playing Indie Music with Craig Cash and Caroline Aherne to Ray Teret, Pete Baker and The Late Night Funster Show.
  • GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    wirewolf wrote: »
    He did that during his time on Signal as well. And Fools Rush In was played at the end of every show as well. When Signal took over KFM in 1990 they bizarrely put Teret on mid mornings for a short time, and he even played a brief clip of Fools Rush In at the start of that show as well. It was one hell of a change to go from playing Indie Music with Craig Cash and Caroline Aherne to Ray Teret, Pete Baker and The Late Night Funster Show.

Ah the Funster ...Mr Carrington may be found doing breakfast on Pulse 2 ...a good little gold station:D
    I well remember his horror scopes ... Could never work out was that actually him on the jingle or Vincent Price himself :confused:
    Forum Member
    whiteswan wrote: »
    Has Ray Teret made any comment on the recent Savile allegations - as he was so close to him for many years?

Google him :(
  • richie wildrichie wild Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    What happened to Pete Baker? He was great at breakfast on Piccadilly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happened to Pete Baker? He was great at breakfast on Piccadilly.

Voice over artist:-

http://www.malevo.co.uk/aboutme.html
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you listened to Ray Teret and Dave Ward on Piccadilly, you must remember Phil Wood - wonder what became of him? Used to laugh my head at his show!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valentine wrote: »
    If you listened to Ray Teret and Dave Ward on Piccadilly, you must remember Phil Wood - wonder what became of him? Used to laugh my head at his show!

He does Sunday mornings on The Revolution, I think. Excellent broadcaster.
    Forum Member
    Valentine wrote: »

Phil went to BBC Radio Manchester and for a while did do a very successful late night show. However as with Ray some problems with the law led to his departure from the station.:mad:
    NOT I hasten to add of the same ilk as Rays.
    Much is available on-line
  • Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    As his flatmate, support DJ, chauffeur and sidekick, Ray Teret was better placed than most to witness what his boss was doing. Teret styled himself on Jimmy and they shared a half- derelict apartment in Salford in the early Sixties. ‘He was a pop star,’ Teret said. ‘When you’re in that business they’re always there in front of you.

‘There were so many [girls] around. The Sixties were the sex years. All the girls wanted to try sex and all the boys wanted to be into sex. Everyone was at it everywhere like rabbits.

‘Girls chatted to us. We were harmless because we weren’t chasing anybody. We were great at consoling girls when they’d fallen out with other boys. We liked to console them.’ I asked Teret what sort of girls Jimmy liked, and he paused before answering. ‘I think Jim, like me, preferred girly girls rather than smart girls .  .  . girls who are prepared to do a cartwheel and jump and dance and have a giggle and a laugh.

‘Not the ones that go to work and be dead straight and sensible. He liked fun girls, show girls.’
    I put it to him that it must have been an amazing experience for a young man to hang out with someone who was rich, famous, charismatic and surrounded by girls.

‘They always wanted Jimmy’s autograph,’ said Teret, ‘and while they’re all queuing up I get chatting to them, “Who are you? What’s your name? What are you doing later? We’re staying in the caravan, do you want to come and see us at six o’clock? Bring a girlfriend.” It was that easy.’

Jimmy Savile presenting Top Of The Pops in 1976
    As Teret explained on a radio show recorded soon after Jimmy’s death: ‘I actually spent so much time with Jim in the early days that he told me how to live, how to think, how to be.’

He recalled that Jimmy referred to him as ‘My son’, to which he dutifully responded by calling him ‘Father’. Jimmy’s protege went on to become a DJ for Radio Caroline, at which point they parted company.

In March 1999, Ray Teret, then 57, was jailed for six months for seducing and bedding a 15-year- old schoolgirl.

And if you'd like to read the whole article, it can be found here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2213931/Jimmy-Savile-Little-slaves-sordid-boasts-dark-truth-friend--biographer-Dan-Davies.html
  • Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,411
    Forum Member
    No wonder Prison Radio keep winning Sony Awards.
    At this rate there'll be more celebs on there than on Radio 2.
  • reverse_diodereverse_diode Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Station ID wrote: »
    No wonder Prison Radio keep winning Sony Awards.
    At this rate there'll be more celebs on there than on Radio 2.

Indeed. I tend to think that pirate radio in particular tended to attract some pretty dangerous characters. Alan West was another one.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who was the Radio Trent DJ who was charged with murdering a woman in 1982?
  • spannersspanners Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »

Graham Neale. He committed suicide in 1985 after being charged with murder of his girlfriend.
  • Ray266Ray266 Posts: 3,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. I tend to think that pirate radio in particular tended to attract some pretty dangerous characters. Alan West was another one.

I'm with you, A certain Mr King knew a certain Mr Denning in the news just recent. The BBC did a documentary on TV about Denning a few years ago & he said he knew King in the 60's enough said.
  • EnnerjeeEnnerjee Posts: 5,131
    Forum Member

Graham Neale. It was like a Greek tragedy:

https://audioboom.com/boos/504690-graham-neale-news-bulletin-radio-trent-1985
  • SteveMartinSteveMartin Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is an interesting twist on a story I remember from about 30 years ago as this guy worked at Radio City in Liverpool.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/the-murder-mile-of-the-mountains-did-focus-on-dj-leave-killer-at-large-26813594.html
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spanners wrote: »
    Graham Neale. He committed suicide in 1985 after being charged with murder of his girlfriend.

I do sort of remember the case, but not being from Nottingham, I couldn't remember his name.
  • Steve_WattSteve_Watt Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    I do sort of remember the case, but not being from Nottingham, I couldn't remember his name.

Made the nationals as I recall & it's mentioned in Dale Wintons autobiography.
  • tpeboptpebop Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is dead.