Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• HellandBackHellandBack Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Thanks Cazzz - she was uber rude and up her own bottom!

PS - and she was the one who approached me to ask for a comment!

Not a very pleasant lady....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally lovely - Eddie Izzard, have met him a couple of times. Wasn't a fan but he was a lovely genuine bloke.

Mark Owen - really down to earth and friendly.

Lesley Garret - again, not a fan but she was so friendly.

Vanessa Feltz (does she count?!!) - was a noob!

And for those of you with longer memories Tony Booth (Till Death Do Us Part) - top bloke. And Bruce Grobelaar - ditto. Have met quite a few politician types - some nice, some noobs!

Kay Burley - TOTAL noob!

Piers Morgan - surprisingly easy to talk to....

Bruce is a legend and a top class bloke, so friendly and down to earth!
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lildeakin wrote: »
    Feel I should bat in as support for Westlife here. Over the past 13 years i've met them numerous times both in 'formal' and informal situations. Ok, so sometimes they're tired and moody (well certain members, not ALL members), but generally they're sweet, well mannered, smiley but a little shy.
    I think sometimes we mistake shyness for rudeness. A lot of celebrities from acting and music find the fame side quite intimidating and nerveracking and i think this can be reflected in their 'offduty' perceived behaviour.

Kian Egan is a rude, Ill mannered ****! it's not tiredness, he's simply a horrible person
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    George Takei was possibly the nicest celeb I've met, posed for pictures twice when my camera had a minor problem and signed his autograph for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    laska wrote: »
    Michael Palin- Very friendly, unassuming. Great guy.
    Mark Owen- Quiet, really sweet, very down to earth.

You sure he didn't want a cheeky fumble? ;) (or was this post-confession of his many affairs)

Hmm...oh yeah!
    A good polish friend met swedish singer Robyn in London once and she was super sweet and invited him to meet her in a recording studio the next day to hear a new track (i think he sent her a really heartfelt gift at a live gig) or something like that. There was a photo of him and her in the recording studio and other fans. She apparently was down to earth and cute.
  • poboppobop Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    Califa wrote: »
    You sure he didn't want a cheeky fumble? ;) (or was this post-confession of his many affairs)

Compared to some other members of TT Mark Owen is a saint, and I am not just talking about Robbie. There is a press injunction against another member of TT.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my dad was on a train with pixie lott when she first sort of emerged, so last year maybe? anyway, she was sat on the phone talking really loudly about photoshoots and single releases and basically trying to get people to notice her. but then again, she was just getting famous so i suppose it must still be new and exciting so can't really hold it against her!
    i've met joe pasquale a few times, and his son a lot (went to school with him) who's now on that bbc3 programme coming of age. big joe was always quite polite, and did actually talk in that squeaky voice normally, but i did not like little joe. used to make really offensive jokes, and when a new boy started who'd been bullied for years at his old school (joe knew him from there), on his first day joe pulled out his chair from behind him and he cracked his head on it. he was physically ok but i saw him crying later and i've never forgiven that! haha.
    also i met rowan atkinson at the theatre quite a few years ago, he was very gracious about signing an autograph for me but he was so well spoken i barely understood him!
    i met judi dench too, also at a theatre, when i was a kid and she was lovely to me and my mum, she signed an autograph and made a fuss of me.
    also, not me, but my friends grandad once met prince charles. they were out walking their dog, and this big car pulled up and the window went down and he was inside! he chatted for a bit about the dog mostly but was very nice and friendly.
  • Joey DeaconJoey Deacon Posts: 3,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soulmate9 wrote: »
    My best friend has membership of somewhere where lots of celebs go.... mostly actors, and I go with her sometimes. The nicest one I've ever met was Robert Carlyle..... a real sweety and totally gorgeous. I haven't had any bad experiences with any of them. Billy Connolly & Debbie Harry were both really nice too..... and my fave, Boy George.

I agree with you.

Robert Carlyle and Billy Connolly are two of the nicest celebs I've met.

Others in my top Nice Celeb/VIP list:

Tony Blair
    David Cameron
    Lady Gaga
    Sir Alex Ferguson
    Robbie Williams
    Will Young
    Lee Evans
    Jo Brand
    William Hague
    Alex Salmond

Not So Nice:

Damon Albarn from Blur
    Cilla Black
    Julie Goodyear
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tinpot wrote: »
    Read this one on another forum. Thought it was nice. :o

The nicest 'celebrity' I've ever served was a young footballer. Strange to associate footballers with manners, I know.

He walked towards me, and as somebody who's son is a fan of the team he plays for I knew who he was as soon as he spoke to me.

At a hundred miles an hour and clearly flustered he said "I was wondering please if you could help me Miss. Do you sell - I'm sorry, I cannot pronounce it in English. Tagleeeteeelea. I'm sorry. That doesn't sound right. I can write it for you.....oh but my spelling not so good either. Is OK. Thank you anyway."

I quickly reassured him I knew what he wanted and I'd show him where it was.

The whole walk around to the pasta aisle he apologised for not being able to find it himself, for 'troubling' me and even for his pronunciation.

When we got there it was like I'd taken him to a case of buried treasure. his face lit up and he said 'Oh this is it. Yes! Thank you so very much Miss.'

Then he pulled out a 5 pound note and said 'for you'

I laughed and asked him what it was for and he said 'A tip. Because you help me so much.' When i explained that we can't accept tips and it's not generally customary to even be offered them, he blushed and said he was confused with tipping because it's very different where he's from - but to know that he was very grateful.

I finally told him I knew who he was and that my son was a fan. He was very pleased, and we talked for a few moments about his team and then we said our goodbyes.

I told my son when I got home and his face lit up, although he was annoyed at me for not getting an autograph! I didn't even think to ask!

The next day though, I was called by name to the customer service desk - and who stood there but my mystery footballer. He must have read the name on my badge. It turned out that he'd brought my son a signed shirt and even brought an unsigned photo with him so that he could dedicate it personally to my son once he'd asked me for his name.

Truly nice person.

His name? Most of you probably won't have heard of him. Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez.

What a class act. Hernandez is my favourite player from a club other than my own, so really pleased to read that story.
  • HellandBackHellandBack Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Joey Deacon - I agree with you re Tony Blair and Alex Ferguson - both lovely! Don't believe the hype!

The woman who used to be in Cracker (Geraldine someone) was on the same flight as us earlier this year and was behaving in the 'do you know who I am' way - yawn!

ETA - gutted to read the comments on Kian Egan, he always seemed quite down to earth, obviously not!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you.

Robert Carlyle and Billy Connolly are two of the nicest celebs I've met.

Others in my top Nice Celeb/VIP list:

Tony Blair
    David Cameron
    Lady Gaga
    Sir Alex Ferguson
    Robbie Williams
    Will Young
    Lee Evans
    Jo Brand
    William Hague
    Alex Salmond

Not So Nice:

Damon Albarn from Blur
    Cilla Black
    Julie Goodyear

:eek: really! Ive always wanted to meet him heard hes nice in real life
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joey Deacon - I agree with you re Tony Blair and Alex Ferguson - both lovely! Don't believe the hype!

I'm sure Tony Blair is charm itself, but he's still a liar and a pious hypocrite who took us into war on a false prospectus
  • lakeslakes Posts: 4,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve Davis, great guy

frank bruno, very nice and likes to chat

phil tufnell....mad buy a great guy

Russell Brand ...............when he was younger and on drugs he was sit by my gf's wall and say stuff, had a bit of a run in with him but he was so out of his head he did not know what he was say, his house sort of backed onto my ex's. all power to him how he has changed his life around, a lot stronger minded person than he looked, sure we would have been dead in a year a that time.

graeme gooch, ok but a bit flash

all of Madness, great guys and not as mad as they once were

martine mccutcheon, very very nice and i should have took her offer up for a drink with her, she was only just starting in eastenders at the time.

Daniel Westbrook, was on drigs at the time and not a nice person then

joe pasquale, know his family well, been there when he was aving a bust up with his ex wife, but he seems ok in real life.

thers a lot more but can not think of all of them right now.

oh Ian Rush, what a great guy.

rik mayall, did a show in grays once and was very happy to have a chat after the show and when i saw him in london he know my name and had a drink with him.
  • lakeslakes Posts: 4,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was this when joe was still near Grays, my wife is still friends with his daughter.

my dad was on a train with pixie lott when she first sort of emerged, so last year maybe? anyway, she was sat on the phone talking really loudly about photoshoots and single releases and basically trying to get people to notice her. but then again, she was just getting famous so i suppose it must still be new and exciting so can't really hold it against her!
    i've met joe pasquale a few times, and his son a lot (went to school with him) who's now on that bbc3 programme coming of age. big joe was always quite polite, and did actually talk in that squeaky voice normally, but i did not like little joe. used to make really offensive jokes, and when a new boy started who'd been bullied for years at his old school (joe knew him from there), on his first day joe pulled out his chair from behind him and he cracked his head on it. he was physically ok but i saw him crying later and i've never forgiven that! haha.
    also i met rowan atkinson at the theatre quite a few years ago, he was very gracious about signing an autograph for me but he was so well spoken i barely understood him!
    i met judi dench too, also at a theatre, when i was a kid and she was lovely to me and my mum, she signed an autograph and made a fuss of me.
    also, not me, but my friends grandad once met prince charles. they were out walking their dog, and this big car pulled up and the window went down and he was inside! he chatted for a bit about the dog mostly but was very nice and friendly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Califa wrote: »

Haha! I was hoping he would, but he seemed rather shy.....

In all seriousness, he seemed like a really genuine sweet, down to earth guy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daniel Westbrook, was on drigs at the time and not a nice person then

Much nicer since the sex change though:D
  • spookyelectricspookyelectric Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    Met Paul O'Grady this week and he was an absolute gent, treated everyone the same whether you were a celeb or not.
  • M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    Newhaven wrote: »
    I heard that Dick is not keen on Dom but Dom is very keen on Dick :)

nice line but untrue because Dom is married with a couple of kids
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect that Dick likes Dick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I've met a good handful, and none have been bad. Some a bit indifferent, but nothing to complain about. The best were:

Benedict Cumberbatch - quite simply an angel on earth. Ever so lovely. We had a proper, good-length chat even though so many people wanted to speak to him (he gave so much time to every single person, he must have the patience of a saint), looked genuinely interested in what everybody was saying to him, asked questions to keep conversations going rather than trying to get away, and posed for a ridiculous number of photos, even apologising for looking 'rough' (which he really did not!)

David Tennant - back during the filming of Doctor Who series 3, he gave up his break to speak to fans rather than go back to base and get food, and spoke to us for a good twenty minutes. Such a nice man!

Freema Agyeman - quite simply THE friendliest, loveliest, most adorable person in the entire universe. Not just the nicest celeb I've ever met but one of the nicest people in general :D

Catherine Tate - quiet unless spoken to (I've heard people saying she's grumpy because she's not actively all 'HELLO FANS!!') but she's very sweet - once at filming she met several teenagers who all asked her to do 'Am I bothered?' and not only did she do it for everyone who asked, she went into a big long rant for everyone rather than just the one line.

Mark Gatiss - really funny, and patient with big groups

Russell T Davies - exactly as happy and enthusiastic as he comes across on television, spoke to me and my friends for absolutely ages and was really wonderful

David Morrissey - very friendly, seemed rather touched that people were interested in speaking to him

Eve Myles - ever so friendly, even asked if her autograph was good enough or whether I'd like her to try again and do it neater!

Andrew Scott - incredibly sweet, he seems far too adorable to play Moriarty!

Jamie Cullum - one of the highlights of my life, quite honestly! Hugged and kissed us all when we met, then spoke to us for ages, asked us if his set was alright because he'd been worried about which songs to do, and generally had a laugh. It was like having a chat with a mate.

Olly Murs - so very down to earth with lots of time for his fans, not affected by his fame whatsoever.
  • The ManglerThe Mangler Posts: 1,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Met Sarah Millican last night - despite being faced with a very long drive after doing a show for 2 hours she took time to pose for pictures, sign books and chat with us. What a lovely lovely person!
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Met Sarah Millican last night - despite being faced with a very long drive after doing a show for 2 hours she took time to pose for pictures, sign books and chat with us. What a lovely lovely person!

I've never met her but she seems down to earth, and a bit shy really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've met a lot of people through work. So will give you the best and the worst.

Daniel Radcliffe - top bloke, just lovely. Won't hear a bad word said against him!
    Rikky Gervais - ****.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lakes wrote: »
    was this when joe was still near Grays, my wife is still friends with his daughter.

no he lived in kent then! about eight years ago? i'm sure his daughter is lovely, his son was just a teenager! :o:D
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jon8769 wrote: »
    Rikky Gervais - ****.

Can you give us some detail?