Options

Warehouse 13 - UK Pace (No Spoilers/Hints/Clues)

Comments

• Options
    SeaBreezeSeaBreeze Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    ahh yes!! You genius! Thanks :D
  • Options
    MKLightningMKLightning Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Certainly a quirky show with loads of weird one-liners. The "you're giving me a wedgie" comment was just very strange (but funny).

As for the show, I will stick with it. I may be being thick but I didn't understand the significance of Houdini's wallet finding its way into the main character's handbag. I then got the impression that the b and b owner felt that she had stolen it. Perhaps this will come back to be part of the storyline again.
  • Options
    ajr493ajr493 Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought last night's episode was a bit better. As another poster said a bit like Eureka I won't get mad if I miss an episode but it's pleasant and harmless enough.

I liked the gadgets and gizmos more this episode - there was less of the "look at me I'm weird and strange, me" about them and more genuine quirkiness (on the other hand I may just have been a bit less irritable last night) :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Still only something to watch on a Tuesday night but will continue to tune in. Could understand why the music would transfix people but did not understand why they had no recollection of the loved feeling when it stopped as it seemed to be a very intense reaction. I would have just used it to steal the recording collection, less hassle than robbing banks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I may be being thick but I didn't understand the significance of Houdini's wallet finding its way into the main character's handbag.
    I think the implication is just that the wallet keeps 'escaping' just like it's owner Houdini.

Did anybody spot the rather blatant (but I think it was meant to be subliminal) 9/11 & US flag transition shot?

Great show this.
  • Options
    ajr493ajr493 Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    memoriam wrote: »
    I would have just used it to steal the recording collection, less hassle than robbing banks.

Good point although I suppose it would be blatantly obvious who had stolen the recording collection - or at least the writer would have been suspect no1?
  • Options
    TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    No, I was very underwhelmed with this episode. Very hit-and-miss, a pretty stupid, on the face of it, premise (who can stand up and still operate, without scratching the record, a turntable?). Very very weak, hope for much better in the next one, or I might just go off this show really quickly.
    4/10
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasnt in the least impressed with the latest episode, very weak. I enjoy all the gadgets etc. but Arty taking a picture and making the scene freeze, thats fine but you got to explain how its done or its pointless!
  • Options
    gadflygadfly Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This really is a cartoon version of the X-Files and similar programmes of the same genre. it's pretty much harmless fun, so I'm not expecting great things of it. Filler TV really. Episode 3 felt a bit pointless all told, but the characters are pleasant enough - especially Rubinek's Artie. For now, at least.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    Yeah. I'm not getting "into" this show much. It's okay; there's nothing wrong with it. The characters and the actors portraying them are fine. It's just not 'hitting the spot' with me.

Side-bar: Co-created by Jane "Buffy" Espenson so I should really like it more :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going to be giving this show another chance tonight...
  • Options
    PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say I'm losing interest in this show, its popcorn scifi really. Will watch next week to give it another shot but I can't see myself watching it for muchlonger if it doesn't improve.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pinkvelvet wrote: »
    I have to say I'm losing interest in this show, its popcorn scifi really. Will watch next week to give it another shot but I can't see myself watching it for muchlonger if it doesn't improve.

'Popcorn SciFi' sums it up really. Very well-put.

I'll probably keep watching, but with the realisation that it is banal escapist fodder, and will likely never amount to more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    This show is heading down the ‘Demons’ road for me, good idea but the plots are dreadful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like the show's losing viewers over here too - down to 240,000 from what was a relatively strong opening for SciFi UK a few weeks ago.

This was a major break-out hit in the US ... so what's the difference here? I wonder if it's time of year. It was a Summer show I believe in the US. Just maybe its frothy, X-Files-lite tone is more digestible on hot, sunny evenings, whilst cold Autumnal nights need something a bit grittier and tense, kind of edge-of-the seat stuff?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasnt impressed again this week. I heard, on this thread I think, that it gets better from episode 5 and thats the next one so looking for a vast improvement, think im still going to be disappointed though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    It's been very much like "Fringe" (very) lite so far, but I'm going to stick with it at least for a while and see if the pace picks up.

I think the two main leads are both poor though - I don't find either of them engaging or charismatic at all, but hopefully they may grow on me.

The show does remind me from time to time of the late, great, much-missed "The Lost Room", so I think it's worth investing some time in it for that alone

How come all American leading men on tv shows these days look something like Peter Krause? :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    This show is heading down the ‘Demons’ road for me, good idea but the plots are dreadful.

That's harsh, very harsh! :D:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nothing could be that awful.

I have already given up on this, there is plenty of quality TV starting or just about to. I got to about 6 or 7 episodes I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swankyjohn wrote: »
    Nothing could be that awful.

I have already given up on this, there is plenty of quality TV starting or just about to. I got to about 6 or 7 episodes I think.

Yea the new series Flashforward looks good starting on Monday.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What ep is this up to now in the UK?

I said it earlier in the thread IIRC, but I'll say it again: stick with it!

I've just watched the season finale.

I think W13 has come on leaps & bounds since the admittedly weak pilot & early episodes.

The stories get better, I really like the characters, plus it develops a pretty decent arc...
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    Ep 3 this week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I don't get the negative vibe that this show appears to be getting in this thread. The pilot episode was a bit weak, but the following episodes have been entertaining enough (i felt that the pilot's story was blatantly stretched out to be feature length, but it's much more suited to the 40 minute format). It's nothing special, but it's enjoyable sci-fi fluff, and it's got a definite 'Ghostbusters' humour to it imo. The way Myka kept hitting Pete the other day was hilarious, maybe i'm just easily amused, lol.

It's not an amzing show by any stretch, and it wouldn't hold it's own against the heavyweights shown in the autumn-spring season, but as a summer show it's harmlessly enjoyable escapist entertainment. Maybe Sci-Fi should have shown it closer to it's US airdate, as now it'll be going up against other, better shows, and it'll probably lose viewers.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the pilot - Hmmm, it's got potential and I'm prepared to give it a few episodes. I'm all for quirky SciFi as long as it doesn't get too silly (like Eureka did). The fact that Jane Espenson is behind it gives me some confidence.

I prefer the female lead to Anna Torv in Fringe (who, while improving, is still the weak link in the whole show)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    I'm prepared to like this show, watching in HD. Or should I say, I've been trying to watch it on SciFi HD, but the lip sync issues are really spoiling it for me. Have resorted to "US pace" viewing - not exactly what I pay my HD subs for! Come on Sci-Fi, SORT IT OUT! :mad:
    Like others on here, I'm in the camp of "anything I like gets cancelled" (Sarah Connor, Journeyman, Dead Like Me anyone?) Maybe I should say I hate it! Really gets my goat that Dollhouse took the place of Sarah Connor - that really is garbage.