Modern Family - Season 6 - UK Pace (No Spoilers)

anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Season 6 starts on Monday 3rd November at 8pm on Sky One.

Comments

• Artie FischalArtie Fischal Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so glad we don't have to wait a long time to get this after its US screening. If only Channel Four would do the same with The Good Wife.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Watched the first episode on demand. It was pretty funny. Cameron was very funny showering Mitchell with gifts at every opportunity.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait for this to start up again. To me, its the best sitcom on right now.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    "OMG"

Brilliant return of Modern Family last night - all on top form, but Alex bringing bad luck to the perfect summer:D....and Gloria with the lipstick.:o

"He loves me not"
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    It really doesn't grow old this programme. Although, Sky seem to have given it a bit of a back seat lately. I liked it when it was Friday evening viewing and the Middle worked well as a kind of "support act" to precede it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky One seems to have bizarre schedualing. Just look what they did to Glee S5. Although for Modern Family, they seem to be advertising it well.

And, its really annoying that Fox have decided not to release season 5 on blu-ray, despite the other season all being on both formats.
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Sky One seems to have bizarre schedualing. Just look what they did to Glee S5. Although for Modern Family, they seem to be advertising it well.

And, its really annoying that Fox have decided not to release season 5 on blu-ray, despite the other season all being on both formats.

Definitely, especially when its one of the highest rated sitcoms in the U.S. (Isn't it?). I don't understand the decision, when shows with a much smaller fanbase and viewership are getting them.

I do agree that the show doesn't get old. I think the fact there are three different homes works well, because the focus isn't just on Phil and Claire and their kids with Cam, Gloria etc. as secondary characters. Everyone's on a pretty much level playing field.

Also, I'm really enjoying Lily more with each season, I find myself bursting into laughter with her one liners.
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely, especially when its one of the highest rated sitcoms in the U.S. (Isn't it?). I don't understand the decision, when shows with a much smaller fanbase and viewership are getting them.

I do agree that the show doesn't get old. I think the fact there are three different homes works well, because the focus isn't just on Phil and Claire and their kids with Cam, Gloria etc. as secondary characters. Everyone's on a pretty much level playing field.

Also, I'm really enjoying Lily more with each season, I find myself bursting into laughter with her one liners.

Personally I am getting bored with it. It's still amusing but they've done everything to death now.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got bored 2 seasons ago. Each character's distinct mannerisims were quite amusing to start with, but just became grating and predictable over time. I watched an episode for the first time in ages recently and it was the same old being done to death. Imo.
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still enjoy watching it but I don't think it's got the same zip it used to have, this happens with a lot of long running comedy series though and the kids growing older doesn't help, although obviously this is unavoidable.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was some quite good gags in last nights episode,

When Claire said "Luke hold that hoe" and then he holds Hailey
    Forum Member
    ocav wrote: »
    There was some quite good gags in last nights episode,

When Claire said "Luke hold that hoe" and then he holds Hailey

Laughed out loud!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That and Hayley's "oh that's where I regoc... is that my phone?" :D

Nice cameo by Tyne Daly as well.
  • Artie FischalArtie Fischal Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good episode after last week's lacklustre effort.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Still enjoying the show and all but now that Luke's grown up I just don't find his character as funny anymore :(
    Forum Member
    Still enjoying the show and all but now that Luke's grown up I just don't find his character as funny anymore :(

I know, I can't get used to Luke. I feel he's grown up faster than real life would have allowed for some reason. Weird.
  • BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good episode after last week's lacklustre effort.

Best for ages IMO. Not that I think they do particularily bad episodes mind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's happened to this, love this show but it's Sky haven't got any future episodes in the schedule and it's not on a hiatus in the US :(
    Forum Member
    Willz wrote: »
    What's happened to this, love this show but it's Sky haven't got any future episodes in the schedule and it's not on a hiatus in the US :(

They did call last week's the "mid-season finale." Whatever that is.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    They did call last week's the "mid-season finale." Whatever that is.
    Last weeks episode, Haley's 21st Birthday, was the 'mid-season finale' over in America: it aired on the 10th of December.....it returned over there, last week, the 7th. I'm guessing there are going to be a couple of breaks, so Sky are building up a few episodes, so we don't get any......breaks.