welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
Forum Member
I don't know what to think :p

Comments

• IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was a boring frump before.

Now I think she's pitiful and deluded about Bobby. She owes Ian more than a few shifts in the café.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #StepfordFrump
    #KillerConcealer
  • llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was boring before, at least she's interesting now.
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Logically she's no worse than Janine or Ronnie who actually killed people but are still fan favourites.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A future Pamela Vorhees? lol just kidding
  • gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Jane is a great character I think she will be on EastEnders for years to come.
  • momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always liked Jane, but she's become fascinating now.

While she's deeply motivated by love and she's hardly without grief or remorse, she still put the body of a young woman- who earlier that night told her she thought of herself as her daughter- into the boot of a car and dumped her in the woods. Then lied about it for nearly a year to her devastated loved ones and allowed Jake to be kept in prison for months. She is also indirectly responsible for Emma's death. It takes something quite twisted in you to be able to do all that, even for your child. So it'll be interesting to see where they take her from now; Jane has shown a real darkness with this storyline choice.
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane's one of my favourite characters. Always has been, and always will be. :)
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane is great and Laurie is a great actor
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree Jane has always been a 'good' character, played by a good actress. But now the character has all these new dimensions to her and I, for one, am glad we will be getting to see more of who she is.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane is a great character I think she will be on EastEnders for years to come.

I hope she is! She's a fantastic character and Laurie Brett is a phenomenal actress!

Her and Ian are a brilliant couple!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I asked my mum whether she would've done the same if I had killed someone at Bobby's age. She nodded and said: “Absolutely.”

I think Jane would have done the same if Peter had killed Lucy, but given Bobby's age and lack of awareness of his crime it makes even more sense.
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always liked Jane, and I always liked that she seemed somewhat normal compared to some of the absolute bipolar characters who have several personality changes. It'll be interesting to see her develop from here.
  • EEFan233EEFan233 Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I think all she was trying to do was to protect Bobby. He is like her own son as she can't have kids. I don't see her as 'criminal'. She is just a loving mother who is trying to protect her 'kid'.
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally, its not like other "mothers" of the square wouldn't do the exact same thing, the running theme in EE is strong women doing anything for their kids. Look at all Dot put up with for 40-50 years with Nick.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally, its not like other "mothers" of the square wouldn't do the exact same thing, the running theme in EE is strong women doing anything for their kids. Look at all Dot put up with for 40-50 years with Nick.

If her recent morally correct behaviour is anything to go by, Stacey would turn Lily in. A bit harsh considering Stacey's own past mind you.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I asked my mum whether she would've done the same if I had killed someone at Bobby's age. She nodded and said: “Absolutely.”

I think Jane would have done the same if Peter had killed Lucy, but given Bobby's age and lack of awareness of his crime it makes even more sense.

I think also the fact that she considers Bobby her own child and Bobby considers her to be his mum, whereas even though she obviously loved Lucy she would not properly consider her to be her daughter and Lucy would not consider her to be her mum, she would choose Bobby over Lucy and she did. If it had been the other way round and Lucy had accidentally killed Bobby than I doubt she would have done the same, and I don't actually think she would have done the same for Peter. It makes Jane's relationship with Bobby a lot more interesting and adds another tragic dimension to the fact that she can never be a biological mother, she's so desperate to keep the one person who she considers to be her child that she would dump the person who she was a mother figure to in the woods.

Will be interesting to see how the other members of the family continue to react to it as well - Ian's forgiven her for now but I'm sure he'll have issues with it when he thinks more about it, Peter is understandably enraged about the fact that she chose Bobby over Lucy and will probably never come to terms with it. I think Cindy clearly understands Jane in this situation as they're both mothers, I can imagine Cindy and Jane becoming very close over this. It's actually a fantastic storyline and completely makes sense when you think about all this. Bobby definitely wouldn't have been the person I would have put as the killer but after seeing the live episode and thinking about it further it's probably the best route they could have gone down in terms of future storylines. Can't believe there was so much moaning about it last night :p
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,831
    Forum Member
    I think she was in an awful position. She brought Peter, Lucy and Bobby up as if they were her children. She might not be their biological mother, but I believe that maternal love is there for all of them. Like she said she knew there was nothing could be done to save Lucy, she'd already died so her instinct went to protecting the child she knew she could still do something for. I think she also feared Bobby being taken away from her if she revealed the truth, she said as much in the live episode. Her actions may have been misjudged and misguided, but it is a terrible choice she was left with and I think she tried to act in the best interests of everyone, not just Bobby. She knew the truth would destroy Ian and tear the family apart.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was horrible for lying to Ian - she let a father who was grieving for his dead daughter also go through the grief of not having closure and not knowing what happened to her. Inexcusable and unforgivable.
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my favorite characters now.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Louise_ wrote: »
    She was horrible for lying to Ian - she let a father who was grieving for his dead daughter also go through the grief of not having closure and not knowing what happened to her. Inexcusable and unforgivable.

Agree. Also, she put her body in the boot to take her to the hospital? I don't think so! She was just going to dump her all along.
  • KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A brilliant character with different sides to her.
    She proved she as a mother will do anything to protect her son, even lie to Ian and take the fall for him.
  • SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit that, if I were Ian, I'd be questioning her reason for marrying him again. Has she done so out of love or just to keep herself in the family circle to protect Bobby and make sure he doesn't slip up and say anything? Jane is now in a pretty bad position, if things start to get rough in their marriage Ian can blackmail her to stay by threatening to go to the police and dropping her and Bobby in it. This is a man that lied about Lucy having cancer to get Mel to marry him so I think he'd be more than willing to use the secret as a mean's to keep Jane and Bobby where they are.

I think what Jane has done, all be it out of love and the need to protect, might well end up backfiring on her because it could do Bobby more harm than good. As he gets older he might well start asking questions/having flashbacks as to what happened that night and the truth being hidden from him might lead to some pretty major psychological damage.
  • jcotter779jcotter779 Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deluded lying cow. shes creating a monster protecting bobby like that, deep down she knows bobby aint right!
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I'm not quite sure what to think. I'm feel like she's horribly tainted but am hoping I'll get over it.