Girls Aloud - Favorite SONG(s)/ALBUM(s)?

cherbrinkleyfancherbrinkleyfan Posts: 1,939
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Favorite songs:
-Sexy! No No No
-Untouchable
-The Loving Kind
-Love Is Pain (from the OOC album...Nicola's vocal is excellent)

I really love the "Tangled Up" and "Out of control" albums. Excellent songs on there.

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked their later albums the most. Tangled up onwards. I never actually liked them until Tangled up onwards anyway because their music was getting more dancey, the production was improving and they were getting away from the cheesy throw away pop i felt they gave us with their early stuff

I love the Out of control album. Love is pain is amazing and should of been a 4th single. I adore Love is the key.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something Kinda Ooh is my favourite.

Other good ones are Sound Of The Underground, I'll Stand By You, Whole Lotta History and The Promise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Girl Overboard !!!! Best song by miles !!! Can't believe it wasn't a single !!!!

http://www.musicchartheaven.com/girlsaloud/girlstangled.htm

Should have been released instead of 'Can't Speak French'
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My fave song is Sexy! no no no, and my fave album is Tangled Up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tangled Up is without a doubt their best album. It's the only song where I like songs other than the singles (love Girl Overboard, Control Of The Knife, Black Jacks). All their other albums are amazing singles + then a bunch of fillers

Favourite singles: Biology, Love Machine, Sound Of The Underground
  • _Venger__Venger_ Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fave singles

Something Kinda Oooh
    Biology
    Call the Shots
    Love Machine
    Untouchable
    The Loving Kind

Fave album

Their greatest hits
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Favourite Songs: Biology, Call The Shots, Girl Overboard, Untouchable, Something Kinda Ooooh, Memory Of You, Singapore, She, It's Magic, Swinging London Town, Sexy! No No No, Wake Me Up, Black Jacks, Close To Love, Models, Control Of The Knife, I'm Falling, Hoxton Heroes.

Favourite Album: Its a tie between Chemistry and Tangled Up. I think Chemistry is fantastic from start to finish, whereas Tangled Up has quite a lot of filler towards the end (most notably Damn and What You Crying For). But then the first seven tracks on Tangled Up are absolutely flawless, so its too close to call...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tangled Up is fabulous. My mum has Chemistry, TU and Out Of COntrol as well as their Hit album. And Tangled Up is the one i would most likely say i could play from start to finish and not have a moment of slump or...cringe! lol. It is a solid Electropop album done right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cm1992 wrote: »
    Something Kinda Ooh is my favourite.

Other good ones are Sound Of The Underground, I'll Stand By You, Whole Lotta History and The Promise.

I forgot about Call The Shots.

I don't buy their albums but I have watched the Out Of Control tour DVD and I liked Miss You Bow Wow.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Favourite Album - Tangled Up

Favourite Single - Call The Shots. Nadines and Nicolas vocals are amazing.

Favourite Album/B-Side Track - Control Of The Knife or Crazy Fool (B-Side to Whole Lotta History)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fave Singles - can't decide one so will go with Biology, Sexy No No No & Something Kinda Oooh

Have loved pretty much every song they have released though!!!
  • cherbrinkleyfancherbrinkleyfan Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I love "girl overboard" too. That song should've been a single.

"You know me babe, i love the GOOD LEVEEEEN'"
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only like The Promise.
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Favourite album - Chemistry.

Favourite single - Call The Shots.

Favourite album track - Swinging London Town.

Easy.
  • SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Favourite Songs: Sound of the Underground, Here We Go, Long Hot Summer, Swinging London Town, Call The Shots, Sexy! No No No, What You Crying For, Girl Overboard, Black Jacks, The Loving Kind, Love Is The Key, Rolling Back The Rivers In Time, Memory Of You, Crazy Fool

Favourite Album: I think I'd have to go with Chemistry. Followed by Out Of Control. Although I have more favourite songs from Tangled Up than the others, in my opinion it just doesn't "work" as a whole the way the others do.

If I had to pick a favourite single as well, I'd have to choose The Loving Kind. :)