Options

Big Bang Series 8 - when Continuing?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
Forum Member
Does anyone know whether The Big Bang Theory season 8 on E4 is taking a break, and if so when it’s likely to return? I think episode 8 was shown on Thursday December 11 but there's no sign of ep 9 in this week's (week ending 20/12/14) schedules.

Comments

• Options
    Artie FischalArtie Fischal Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I asked Channel 4 when the new series of The Big Bang Theory was resuming. I got this answer:

"Dear Artie,

Thank you for contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries regarding THE BIG BANG THEORY.

We appreciate the time that you have taken to contact us. As our schedules are only set for two weeks in advance we are not able to confirm the exact scheduling dates at present, as following this they are subject to change.

We would advise that you keep an eye on our TV Listings:

http://www.channel4.com/tv-listings

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us here at Channel 4 and for your interest in our programming.

Regards,

Katy Woods
    Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries"
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Standard mailshot response from C4 there.

C4 break up all of their US sitcoms in to two, sometimes three, batches which is very annoying. I can appreciate they might not have much of a choice if they get close to the US airdates, but i'd much rather they save up the episodes and show the whole series in one unbroken run.

But then that's unlikely to ever happen since almost all channels do the same thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks guys for responding, especially to Artie Fischal for doing what I didn’t think to do by contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries. They must have some idea when they plan to resume showing season 8 and could have been more helpful, but I guess they enjoy forcing us to study the listings.
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It stopped in the US on Dec 11th with Ep11 and returns (Ep12) on Jan 8th, so maybe C4 will start showing them again around that time?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys for responding, especially to Artie Fischal for doing what I didn’t think to do by contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries. They must have some idea when they plan to resume showing season 8 and could have been more helpful, but I guess they enjoy forcing us to study the listings.

No probs MC. I suppose we should expect a break as most US shows seem to have a break around the "Holidays." Several other shows, I enjoy, such as The Flash, Forever and Gotham are all taking a break from our screens.
    My cold winter nights will be filled with some box sets until they return.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Think I read somewhere, but can't remember where, that it's due to restart on 15th January, but don't hold me to that.

It's annoying that they give brief synopsis of episode 9, but then add that it isn't yet scheduled for broadcast.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Giving a synopsis is promising, and I've made a note to check the scheds for 15 Jan. Thanx.
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geektown is saying 15 January (UK).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well spotted - I looked there and didn't see it.
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    CBS has Ep 12 & 13 scheduled for 8th & 15th January which will put them 5 ahead of E4, however if there are any pre-emptions/re-runs in the CBS schedule for late January / early February I suspect E4 will wait a little longer before recommencing. Last year there was (I think) a longer break before TBBT returned to UK screens, and I'd be very wary of the 15th Jan date being quoted. IMHO February seems more likely, possibly even March.

In general UK channels don't like to "stop and start" more than once in a season with their US imports, so if there are going to be more extended gaps in the CBS winter broadcast schedule it is highly likely E4 will wait until it has built up a cushion of at least 8 weeks worth of shows before they start again.
  • Options
    leeowls87leeowls87 Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    E4 last year showed the season in 3 blocks, They came back for about 4 weeks or so in late Jan/Feb before going off again and returning Early April time I think it was.

Jan 15th will be likely, Brooklyn Nine Nine also returns that day and new series Marry Me is also scheduled to begin then as well and I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 Broke Girls return as well on that day but I havnt heard anything about that yet,
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    leeowls87 wrote: »
    E4 last year showed the season in 3 blocks, They came back for about 4 weeks or so in late Jan/Feb before going off again and returning Early April time I think it was.

You're right, I'd forgotten that and just remembered the April restart!

I do wonder whether they got bitten unexpectedly by the CBS February hiatus and might try and avoid a repetition this time by waiting a bit longer before starting up again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leeowls87 wrote: »

Jan 15th will be likely,,

"Geektown" is saying THAT will be the date.