Options

How gobby are you?

mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
Forum Member
✭✭
In general I am quite a meek individual who avoids confrontation at all costs.

In my younger days I was very shy and practically silent in all social situations.

However, several decades at work have built up my confidence. I am also older and grumpier now.

So, when I stopped into my local Morrison's to buy some stuff for dinner I was pretty disgusted to see a woman with a bunch of fresh coriander,waft it under her nose and then walk up to the display and dump it back down. I was even more fed up when she proceeded to pick up another bunch, literally bury her nose in it and then put it back down. By the time I saw her do the same with a third bunch I am afraid my safety catch was off.

I said "Are you planning to pick up and stick your nose in every bunch on the display?" She scuttled off without saying a word.

Do you ever tell people when you think they are out of order or is it just mardy old battle-axes like me?

Comments

• Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    All the time. If im out and theres someone in front of me walking slowly ill shout " Get out the way you! I've got places to go and people to see" and if they get a bit a gobby I wave my fist in the air and say "you know what's coming mister!".
  • Options
    CosinCosin Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just lower my specs and glare..
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »
    All the time. If im out and theres someone in front of me walking slowly ill shout " Get out the way you! I've got places to go and people to see" and if they get a bit a gobby I wave my fist in the air and say "you know what's coming mister!".

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If something pisses me off I always say something.
  • Options
    Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member

You ever heard the phrase "excuse me please"? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Joey_J wrote: »
    You ever heard the phrase "excuse me please"? :D

Only if i fart. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Only if i fart. :D

:D fair enough That'll do
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can take a proper gob full, so pretty gobby yea.
  • Options
    itscoldoutsideitscoldoutside Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't ever gob off because I cannot fight.In my eyes you should keep your mouth shut unless you can stand for yourself and see it though. In London if you say anything to anyone, particularly the young ones, there is a chance they will "switch".
  • Options
    Egg The GothEgg The Goth Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm the most gobby burger you could ever meet, unless I'm with my better half, cos she's definitely, without shadow of a doubt a better example of why you should keep that gob shut.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    I can be pretty vocal when it's needed, I've been told a few times that "if my tongue were any sharper, I'd cut myself"
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    In general I am quite a meek individual who avoids confrontation at all costs.

In my younger days I was very shy and practically silent in all social situations.

However, several decades at work have built up my confidence. I am also older and grumpier now.

So, when I stopped into my local Morrison's to buy some stuff for dinner I was pretty disgusted to see a woman with a bunch of fresh coriander,waft it under her nose and then walk up to the display and dump it back down. I was even more fed up when she proceeded to pick up another bunch, literally bury her nose in it and then put it back down. By the time I saw her do the same with a third bunch I am afraid my safety catch was off.

I said "Are you planning to pick up and stick your nose in every bunch on the display?" She scuttled off without saying a word.

Do you ever tell people when you think they are out of order or is it just mardy old battle-axes like me?
    You're lucky she didn't give you a smack in the gob
  • Options
    itscoldoutsideitscoldoutside Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess it depends if you are a Victor Meldrew or not.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand idiots gobbing off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can't stand idiots gobbing off.

Wind your neck in Punk!!
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    I'm not gobby at all, I'm a coward when it comes to confrontation. If I saw someone sticking their nose in bunches of coriander, I just wouldn't buy any. I'd be too scared of getting a smack in the mouth.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keyboard warriors unite! :D
  • Options
    Egg The GothEgg The Goth Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Keyboard warriors unite! :D

STGOBU:)
  • Options
    archiverarchiver Posts: 13,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been so long since my last physical encounter, I've come to doubt my ability to walk the walk. So I stifle it and mumble sternly. ^_^
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    All the time. I tend to say what I think and if someone or something gets my goat then I'll say it.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course you do.

BOO!
    Oops, you've wee'd yourself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Of course you do.

BOO!
    Oops, you've wee'd yourself.

You want some?

I'll give it yer!
  • Options
    bozzimacoobozzimacoo Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good one for that is: "Mind your backs please coming through!"
    They turn round pretty quick thinking thry're gonna get run over.
    Never fails. :D
  • Options
    bozzimacoobozzimacoo Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've refrained from gobbiness for a while now, even though some could do with a word or two, can't be arsed.....