Audio description won't turn off

TUCKBOXTUCKBOX Posts: 219
Forum Member
Has anyone encountered this today? Suddenly audio description is operating even though it is turned off. I have never used it before and never knowingly turned it on. Yet here it is... weird.

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TUCKBOX wrote: »
    Has anyone encountered this today? Suddenly audio description is operating even though it is turned off. I have never used it before and never knowingly turned it on. Yet here it is... weird.

My mum had that on her Freeview telly. In all the menus AD was turned off yet it was blasting out the speakers loud and proud.

After much faffing about it turned out there was a small AD button on the remote that turned it on and off completely independently of any menu settings. Perhaps your situation is similar?
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    press help on the sky remote and you should see Audio Description highllighted press left arrow button then press select to save settings.
  • Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    I'm assuming you are referring to the 'help button', but have you checked the AD settings in services?

Press the Services button.

Select Options from the top menu.

Select Subtitles.

Check Audio Description, if on use the left/right arrow keys to turn the setting off.

Press the Green button on your Sky remote control to confirm your choices.
  • TUCKBOXTUCKBOX Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Cheers Guys. All that already checked and confirmed. All was turned off. It is not doing it this morning so far. Bizarrely, My wife has just told me that the exact same thing was happening yesterday at her Mum's house so I am assuming it was some glitch in the system for sky.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers Guys. All that already checked and confirmed. All was turned off. It is not doing it this morning so far. Bizarrely, My wife has just told me that the exact same thing was happening yesterday at her Mum's house so I am assuming it was some glitch in the system for sky.

Or maybe the program itself, what channel was it on, was it the same program/channel they were watching that it was doing it on?