Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    I like him as well.....it's just the rubbish scripts they give him to work with that are the problem!
  • DONTBANMEDONTBANME Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    The father and son washing/conditioner advert featuring contrived and unfunny parental joshing including something about being 'fresh out of ideas' to which the youngster answers 'funnneeeee'.....................

There is something forced,cliched and uncomfortable about the whole thing.

Bad acting probably the issue.

Oh yes - definitely not funnnneeee........... but some advertising executive must have thought it was:o
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,684
    Forum Member
    BT infinity advert when he starts dating that girl he met off the internet. What does she swipe off at the end of it? When he says `But you will have to make changes` and shes goes `I can change` swipes something off.

Speaking of internet dating,that Match.Com advert with the woman with highlighted hair is gone but another one has replaced her.

I dont get the Argos alien advert. It just reminded me of that man who was pregnant in rl.

I dont know if its a advert but its the one promoting Paddy McGuiness and Alesha Dixon`s new show.

What I dont get is at the end of the ad he says "I just want you to be my girlfriend".
    Er, I thought they had been dating TWO MONTHS? :confused: He must have had some idea :o
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    It's a bad advert all over considering the previous ads. Suddenly he has a pretty hot girl falling over him and he's directing & controlling the whole releationship? :confused:
  • Simon_Smith3Simon_Smith3 Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    I see the Wonga OAPs are now CGId. Guess Wonga are doing exceptionally well.
  • HelicaseHelicase Posts: 4,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not seen the ill informed ADSA 1997 advert for a while. Wonder if too many people noticed the error.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    lola_skye wrote: »
    11 adverts That make you want to smash the living room
    www.buzzfeed.com/samjparker/worst-advert-characters

LOoks like we're not alone

"This smug bastard from IAMS" made me laugh! :D:D:D
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The current Confused.com advert has been running through my head all day.

All I have had in my head for the past seven hours is the vacant, dead expression of that robot as it says over and over again, "I've been pleasured!".
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,471
    Forum Member
    "This smug bastard from IAMS" made me laugh! :D:D:D

Yes, but surely they're not dissing Leslie Philips - "worst voice on television"?!? Ding dong!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Brian The Confused.com robot. Dear God, come back, stupid haired, loud shouty singing woman with pointless, huge-boobed sidekick, all is forgiven!

Confused.com ad execs meeting:
    ''Right, we have a generic advert, it needs a witty tagline, that will make people hold their sides with laughter, without being barrel-scraping and mind numbing''
    ''Let's make the robot say ''I've been pleasured''
    ''Brilliant, that's it! Right, see you all next month''

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just saw the Argos Aliens ad with them in the back garden and one of them shouting something about Iranian Troglodytes? wth?! :eek:
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lola_skye wrote: »
    11 adverts That make you want to smash the living room
    www.buzzfeed.com/samjparker/worst-advert-characters

LOoks like we're not alone
    Direct Line and Trivago needs adding to that list!:D
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    I just saw the Argos Aliens ad with them in the back garden and one of them shouting something about Iranian Troglodytes? wth?! :eek:

It's Uranian as in Uranus. Snop sniggering people !
  • Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The latest Aviva advert with Paul Whitehouse. Not sure if it's really annoying but it was on endlessly during the cricket on Sunday (virtually every break) so the repetition got tiresome.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prat face's girlfriend is now getting even more annoying with every showing on the BT ad.

"yerrr" you've been a bad boy?" "cool" "ok" "I can change" grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr go away both of you.
  • hobbleithobbleit Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrscee wrote: »
    just seen an ice cream ad with andy williams most wonderful time of the year playing along with it..is it me or does that song remind you of Christmas
    mikebuk wrote: »
    The Co-Operative. Yep, it is a Christmas song. For anyone who hates the summer with a passion like me, with allergies and humidity it is not the most wonderful time of the year.

I have had to put up with the radio version of that advert at work all damned afternoon. I am ready to kill the person who thought it up!
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikebuk wrote: »
    It's Uranian as in Uranus. Snop sniggering people !

Ohhh...that kind of makes sense, thanks lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a surprise, DHS June price snap ends on Sunday, yes, the last day of June
  • rubberduck3y6rubberduck3y6 Posts: 18,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brian The Confused.com robot. Dear God, come back, stupid haired, loud shouty singing woman with pointless, huge-boobed sidekick, all is forgiven!

Confused.com ad execs meeting:
    ''Right, we have a generic advert, it needs a witty tagline, that will make people hold their sides with laughter, without being barrel-scraping and mind numbing''
    ''Let's make the robot say ''I've been pleasured''
    ''Brilliant, that's it! Right, see you all next month''

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    The radio ad where the robot sees some guy on Hampstead Heath with an 'unidentified male companion' and then tells the guy's wife is even more cringe/inappropriate imo.
  • rubberduck3y6rubberduck3y6 Posts: 18,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does the Samsung ad with the guy taking photos and sending them to him mum have to be in Spanish? This is Britain, not Spain!
  • bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever that "Trust us [mums], you're doing great" one is. Can stand these patronising, flattering-to-deceive adverts. Also, anything that addresses the audience as 'Britain' gets my jingo gag-refex going.
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does the Samsung ad with the guy taking photos and sending them to him mum have to be in Spanish? This is Britain, not Spain!

Que ?
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bluefb wrote: »
    Whatever that "Trust us [mums], you're doing great" one is. Can stand these patronising, flattering-to-deceive adverts. Also, anything that addresses the audience as 'Britain' gets my jingo gag-refex going.

Totally agree about the trust us you're doing great ad.

In the Travago ad do they sing "1,2,3 have a wank with me" :confused:
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »

Oh, that's an oldie! Glad it's back on!
    I kinda like the aliens and that "Uranian Troglodyte" comment isn't funny...yet it is!:D
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Samsung ad where he is in a locker room and shares his shite music with his team mates to get them all motivated , it would motivate me to smash up the phones.
This discussion has been closed.