Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's an advert for a pet insurance company, I believe called "Animal Friends" that promises to give some of its profit to animal charities. A nice idea, but the advert is atrocious and does nothing for the company except to make it seem less credible than its competitors.

It consists of animated animal characters talking in irritatingly silly voices about how their company helps animals or something. It's unbelievably patronising, and almost insulting to their target market. They obviously think that people who care about their pets and want to contribute to ethical companies want to hear anthropomorphised characters talking to them like pre-schoolers.
    bluefb wrote: »
    Whatever that "Trust us [mums], you're doing great" one is. Can stand these patronising, flattering-to-deceive adverts. Also, anything that addresses the audience as 'Britain' gets my jingo gag-refex going.

Agreed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    tinkie wrote: »
    What a surprise, DHS June price snap ends on Sunday, yes, the last day of June

Having probably started on the Saturday...:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Not really a contender for 'worst advert' as such, but the Tesco mobile ad with Ronnie Corbett in the sauna, where, at the end he says ''I didn't laugh personally, myself''.

Rather pointless him saying 'myself' after he's just concluded his sentence with the word 'personally'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Confused with the robot Brian. "I've been pleasured". WTF?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Totally agree about the trust us you're doing great ad.

In the Travago ad do they sing "1,2,3 have a wank with me" :confused:
    Just read this and the advert came on. Now will not stop hearing and of course singing along to this. Thanks.
  • rubberduck3y6rubberduck3y6 Posts: 18,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikebuk wrote: »
    Que ?
    Esta es Gran Bretaña, no España!

(is that better? ;))
    IzzyS wrote: »
    I just saw the Argos Aliens ad with them in the back garden and one of them shouting something about Iranian Troglodytes? wth?! :eek:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who misheard it as "Iranian troglodytes"!
  • Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Squatch wrote: »
    There's an advert for a pet insurance company, I believe called "Animal Friends" that promises to give some of its profit to animal charities. A nice idea, but the advert is atrocious and does nothing for the company except to make it seem less credible than its competitors.

It consists of animated animal characters talking in irritatingly silly voices about how their company helps animals or something. It's unbelievably patronising, and almost insulting to their target market. They obviously think that people who care about their pets and want to contribute to ethical companies want to hear anthropomorphised characters talking to them like pre-schoolers.

/QUOTE]

Oh yes - "If you care about animals" - trying to make us feel bad if we don't take up their insurance.
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    schoolers.

Oh yes - "If you care about animals" - trying to make us feel bad if we don't take up their insurance.

I reckon that wasn't even their intention, which (if I'm correct) demonstrates how bad the advert is, because that means their direction isn't clear.

I had taken that to mean "if you care about animals then this company is for you!"

As in "if that's a cause that's close to your heart; if not, this advert isn't aimed at you"

By the way, does anyone else love dissecting adverts and marketing choices? I like to analyse adverts in the same way other people enjoy analysing literature :p
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,483
    Forum Member
    IzzyS wrote: »
    I just saw the Argos Aliens ad with them in the back garden and one of them shouting something about Iranian Troglodytes? wth?! :eek:

I want to know if the 'dad' has given birth to all their children or just this one :confused:
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That ad for Robinson's squash gets on my wick.
    "It's good to be a dad. It's better to be a friend"

No, it absolutely isn't. When your offspring are children, your most important job is to be their dad. When they grow up, then you can be their friend.
  • 15 minutes15 minutes Posts: 12,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been off last week and watched some of channel 5. I've mentioned it elsewehre and will mention it again......

The Elf lottery.

My God. Desmond uses his channel to promote his tat in EVERY advert break where possible but THIS abomination on the ears and eyes is the worst.

I likened it to him being the Demon head master and the viewer being his pupil. Pathetic propaganda gone wrong.

Then the misfortune of seeing the actual draw yesterday with the woman who tries to impersonate the gorgeous Morgana Robinson from time to time.... ;)

She repeats the WHOLE advert word for word before doing the draw.

Pure and utter torture.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Totally agree about the trust us you're doing great ad.

In the Travago ad do they sing "1,2,3 have a wank with me" :confused:
    Just read this and the advert came on. Now will not stop hearing and of course singing along to this. Thanks.

:D Like when someone told me Tina Arena "I'm in Chains" was singing "I'm In Insane" you never hear it right ever again I still not sure what they singing instead of "wank".
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what have blue aliens have anything to do with argos ?? seriously i don't get it..argos adverts are always rubbish but the blue aliens thing is just weird
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhynoGB wrote: »
    what have blue aliens have anything to do with argos ?? seriously i don't get it..argos adverts are always rubbish but the blue aliens thing is just weird

You haven't been into an Argos lately and seen the staff have you? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Those Wonga puppets..Old people puppets , they quite scary :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Those Wonga puppets..Old people puppets , they quite scary :eek:

They are not puppets anymore
  • biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen an ad for Maynard's "Sour Patch Kids"..

Teenager on a bike smashes into a false picture of a tunnel when he thinks he's going into a tunnel ( already :confused::confused:)

A " sour patch kid" ( human size) comes from behind the tunnel to apply a plaster.

He talks with an American accent.

The kid talks with an American accent.

Now,correct me if I'm wrong,but Maynards is a British company,is it not?

Yet another tiresome example of Britain becoming the 51st state of America, :mad:
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Haribo again, if I hear that kid say "blue berries" instead of "blueberries" just one more time ..........:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Victoria Plumb!!! annoying kids :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    Haribo again, if I hear that kid say "blue berries" instead of "blueberries" just one more time ..........:mad:

Sorry to put a downer on this one but its blue BEARies, cos the packets have blueberry flavoured bears in them....
  • lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When actually does the DFS SALE end?
  • littlemadangellittlemadangel Posts: 4,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't get what the aliens have to do with Argos and the most recent one with the father being pregnant annoys me.
  • Jennell_SierakoJennell_Sierako Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    I really don't get what the aliens have to do with Argos and the most recent one with the father being pregnant annoys me.

You have to be an alien to shop at Argos and I have a lot of kids and would love my OH to have had some of them, the Triplets especially.

On another subject, I saw Ronnie Corbett again in that advert where he's fully clothed in a sauna. It's so memorable that I can't even remember what it's advertising. A successfully advert then.
  • RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watch PICK TV? The "sky sports living for sports" sponsor makes me want to bang my head against a lamppost! Firstly, I just hate those stupid kids that are shouting out random names of sports- "Archery, basketball, rugby, FOOTBALL!!! (HATE the kid who says football, his shrill voice and enthusiasm makes me want to put duct tape on his mouth)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have to be an alien to shop at Argos and I have a lot of kids and would love my OH to have had some of them, the Triplets especially.

On another subject, I saw Ronnie Corbett again in that advert where he's fully clothed in a sauna. It's so memorable that I can't even remember what it's advertising. A successfully advert then.

Would you rather he was naked ;) Tesco mobile I believe but that is an ad which fails because they are suppose to be taking the pee out of themselves as people think having a Tesco mobile is embarrassing but these ads just confirm this view.
This discussion has been closed.