Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My least favourite ads are the Head & Shoulders ones with Joe Hart.
    Before these I had always thought Joe Hart had really terrible hair and could not believe he was chosen as someone with hair wonderful enough to actually advertise hair products.
    Bizarre
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    You haven't been into an Argos lately and seen the staff have you? :D

They are a bunch of muppets they should swap with wonga...

...you'd have to be from another planet to get wonga but argos are a bunch of muppets.

*(wouldn't give me a refund on a faulty product didn't know the sales of goods act, told them my rights, got banned from the shop!) :D
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    froggy22 wrote: »
    I've yet to work out what the Grandma says at the end of that Money Advice advert. Its so inaudible I'm convinced she's mumbling on purpose

Has the snooker started :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    any advert featuring brian blessed's voice over. is there nothing he won't add his voice to?
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    froggy22 wrote: »
    I've yet to work out what the Grandma says at the end of that Money Advice advert. Its so inaudible I'm convinced she's mumbling on purpose

Something about the snooker being on I think
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    I wish to nominate the cereal commercial (I can't remember which one off the top of my head) that's a blantant rip-off of the kitchen scene from Jurassic Park.

Crunchy nut
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Natwest advert with that t**t of a kid. I HATE IT! :mad:
  • bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another one is the McDonald's 'ebony and ivory', where a young black man from da hood and a middle aged white nerdybloke manage to momentarily forget their innate fear of the the threatening 'other' and share a meaningful glance over a patty of pureed cow carcass. Maybe they'll now work together to build a better future for our children, or something. Thanks, McDonald's.
  • chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,774
    Forum Member
    bluefb wrote: »
    Another one is the McDonald's 'ebony and ivory', where a young black man from da hood and a middle aged white nerdybloke manage to momentarily forget their innate fear of the the threatening 'other' and share a meaningful glance over a patty of pureed cow carcass. Maybe they'll now work together to build a better future for our children, or something. Thanks, McDonald's.

Talking of Ebony And Ivory-Comapre The Market are using it(sort of)!

I just clicked on the link here, saw`Ebony and Ivory` in your post then the `Compare The Market`ad popped up on tv!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    chuffster wrote: »
    Talking of Ebony And Ivory-Comapre The Market are using it(sort of)!

I just clicked on the link here, saw`Ebony and Ivory` in your post then the `Compare The Market`ad popped up on tv!!!

I've just seen this too! I loved the meerkats before and I'm a fan of Robert Webb but I don't like them together!
  • GabriellaGabriella Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The co-op using a christmas song for a summer ad is annoying me big time.
  • LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find the McDonald's ad rather sinister especially the look that is exchanged between the young man and the old guy. A sort of" Meet me behind the bike sheds"look but I can't decide who is the instigator.

Possibly when the old guy turns up behind the bike shed with his hopes raised the young man and his mates will mug him, steal his house keys and make off with his valuable record collection.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gabriella wrote: »
    The co-op using a christmas song for a summer ad is annoying me big time.

Not disagreeing BUT the advert is quite clever, there are a few christmasy things going on if you look for them. There's misteltoe, "snow" angels for a start.
  • Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Confused.com - I have to say, I preferred the big-titted cartoon characters to the new robot, and that's saying something. Honestly, I was convinced the cartoonist for those adverts must have a fetish for knockers! :eek::D
  • KymberlyKymberly Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if this one has been mentioned yet, but the Makebelieve Tanning Product advert. :eek:
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,483
    Forum Member
    I've just seen this too! I loved the meerkats before and I'm a fan of Robert Webb but I don't like them together!

The new ad is just awful ....
    Forum Member
    Justabloke wrote: »
    Not disagreeing BUT the advert is quite clever, there are a few christmasy things going on if you look for them. There's misteltoe, "snow" angels for a start.

:eek: I was just going to point them out. Also a girl in the back ground hanging up some stripy stockings.

Stupid advert :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Just seen a new advert for 'The Hospital Group', starts with a room downstairs and follows a trail of clothes on the floor, up the stairs to a bedroom, all the time with a woman who's never been fat in her life shouting ''YES! YES! YES!'' (annoying in itself...)...where she's jumping up and down on a bed before sitting down to tell us she's lost so many dress sizes since having a gastric band fitted. Before a voice over comes in with something like ''If you've tried exercise and it hasn't worked for you, why not have a gastric band fitted?''

A daytime TV advert if ever I saw one. Most likely costs 10s of thousands for an unqualified 'surgeon' to perform...before he then flees the country when you complain it's made you fatter:rolleyes:

Deary me.
  • rubberduck3y6rubberduck3y6 Posts: 18,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Redunited wrote: »
    Anyone watch PICK TV? The "sky sports living for sports" sponsor makes me want to bang my head against a lamppost! Firstly, I just hate those stupid kids that are shouting out random names of sports- "Archery, basketball, rugby, FOOTBALL!!! (HATE the kid who says football, his shrill voice and enthusiasm makes me want to put duct tape on his mouth)
    That kid is so annoying. :mad: Perhaps as kharmatic retribution he could get hit in the mouth with a football that knocks all his teeth out so he can't shout anymore.
    That Natwest advert with that t**t of a kid. I HATE IT! :mad:
    Especially as the kid looks about 7 so his parents would have been getting a mortgage in the mid-'00s. Anyone could get a mortgage then!
  • heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    What have the current LV adverts got to do with their business in this country. Their adverts are not even filmed here.
  • heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Haven't read the whole thread so don't know if this has been mentioned... That stupid Randoms ad with the man dressed as a parrot. It really is awful and not funny in the slightest.

...and reduces to a big fat zero any chance of us ever buying Randoms.
  • rubberduck3y6rubberduck3y6 Posts: 18,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the end of the M&Ms film ad where he's at the cinema with the pizza boy, he's eating a packet of M&Ms - isn't that cannibalism!? :eek:
  • SleepPixieSleepPixie Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    The ads for 'No-No' (hair removal thing) and that other magic floor cleaning wand thing. Can't remember what it's called, but all I seem to hear on the ad for it is some woman saying: "It's so Versatill' (as opposed to 'versatile')....aaarrgghhhhh!

Both those ads running times seem to last for about 10 minutes each. Awful!
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The woman in the gastric band advert is Tina Malone from Shameless.
    She has been on a few programmes talking about having one done.
    Forum Member
    Bloody Felicity Kendal saying it's vitamins that help her, not the fact that it's botox :mad:
This discussion has been closed.