Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

1136137138139140142»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smint wrote: »
    That Barny advert with the bear and the boy

Started off with what looked like encouraging children to have an active imagination and life . . . but then turns out to be a vile-looking spongy cakey biscuity thing with such goodies as wheat, chocolate and eggs . . . not mentioning the e-numbers and copious amounts of sugar . . .

Thats the thing that bugs me about these ads for things like Nutella and cheese strings. In a climate where childhood obesity is becoming a worry why oh bloody WHY are these ads allowed? No Nutella is NOT HEALTHY! Its jam packed full of fat and sugar and a very SMALL amount of calcium. Same with cheese strings they too are packed with fat and other crap and a very slim percentage of calcium.

:mad:

The ad people need to take a SERIOUS look at their practice of shilling junk food under the facade its healthy when clearly there are NOT. I wouldn't buy this crap for my kid they'd have fruit and veg instead.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any advert with sportsmen in, especially footballers. Peter Crouch is doing one for Virgin Media, and Joe Hart does some godawful shampoo advert. It's always been thus, too: I well remember Kevin Keegan doing Brut commercials with Henry Cooper decades ago.
    The Joe Hart advert is interesting because it is the UK version of a worldwide campaign by Head and Shoulders where they use the same advert but different national goalkeepers and local voice over talent for it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2neH6ieROc
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That bloody Littlewoods advert with Myleene Klass and the unbelievable annoying song:

I heat up, I can't cool down
    You got me spinnin'
    'Round and 'round
    'Round and 'round and 'round it goes
    Where it stops nobody knows

Abra-abra-cadabra
    I want to reach out and grab ya
    Abra-abra-cadabra
    Abracadabra
  • PetitshooPetitshoo Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    That bloody Littlewoods advert with Myleene Klass and the unbelievable annoying song:

I heat up, I can't cool down
    You got me spinnin'
    'Round and 'round
    'Round and 'round and 'round it goes
    Where it stops nobody knows

Abra-abra-cadabra
    I want to reach out and grab ya
    Abra-abra-cadabra
    Abracadabra

That would be Abracadabra by the Steve Miller Band, number 2 in the charts in 1982 ....
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,684
    Forum Member
    Thats actually a good song :o
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,273
    Forum Member
    kegsie wrote: »
    I've just seen an advert with Tim Lovejoy suggesting what food we should combine with beer.

It is without a shadow of a doubt the worst advert I have ever seen and almost makes me want to boycott beer.

Thankfully I haven't seen this yet! Is it worse than his Giovanni Rana pasta advert? My dining table is less wooden than he was in that, and as for his boring voice droning on it was enough to make any woman unlucky enough to dine with him fall asleep face down in their Giovanni Rana pasta.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Petitshoo wrote: »
    That would be Abracadabra by the Steve Miller Band, number 2 in the charts in 1982 ....
    grimtales1 wrote: »

It makes my ears bleed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Petitshoo wrote: »
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    It makes my ears bleed.

Then I would suggest woot_whoo that you get yourself a musical education... stat! ;)

Only kidding, each to his/her own and all that BUT it is a classy toon.
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    Justabloke wrote: »
    Then I would suggest woot_whoo that you get yourself a musical education... stat! ;)

Only kidding, each to his/her own and all that BUT it is a classy toon.

One of my all time favourites - but then, I am of 'that era' :cool:
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The John Lewis advert with that crappy twee cover of Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop". WHYYYY?!! :mad:
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,483
    Forum Member
    Bet 365 featuring Ray Winstone. He can't even advertise betting without the tired old hard man routine.

He also did an ad for a cereal or health bar in his gangster voice :rolleyes:
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not an ad (it's a promo - is that the same thing ?), but I hate the promo for x factor with that girl "singing" as she hangs the washing out.
    I can't stand that type of singing - it's just a noise.
    The main reason I hate it so much is that it means x factor is coming back on :mad:
  • BreadstixBreadstix Posts: 10,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any advert that features a woman having an orgasm whilst eating yogurt.
    Forum Member
    It's not an ad (it's a promo - is that the same thing ?), but I hate the promo for x factor with that girl "singing" as she hangs the washing out.
    I can't stand that type of singing - it's just a noise.
    The main reason I hate it so much is that it means x factor is coming back on :mad:

I was going to say that! I hate it, her voice irritates the hell out of me. I have to press mute :mad: I bet she thinks she's so bloody good, warbling away. It just sounds like she's trying too hard.
  • Simon_Smith3Simon_Smith3 Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Breadstix wrote: »

From the videos I've seen it's usually the man who has the orgasm when the woman is eating yogurt.
    Forum Member
    Breadstix wrote: »

Is the advert with the women who have orgasms whilst frolicking about in comfy shoes still on? I think they were called Hotter Comfort or something.
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fake dentists pushing certain toothpastes.
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,390
    Administrator
This discussion has been closed.