Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw the new McDonalds advert mentioned not long ago, with the old man staring at the hip young black dude in a 'MaccyD's' restaurant, when they both smile at eachother.

Would you like paedophilia with that?:D

They'll follow him home then mug him.
  • Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate that Galaxy one as well.

Smart Insurance where the bloke who comes in and sees his kid and then gets on the phone to Smart Insurance to see what they can offer him and he acts all surprised when the lady tells him - incredibly bad acting.
  • Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Activia yoghurts advert featuring Gok Wan really has me reaching for the "off" button on the remote control.
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Angela F wrote: »
    The Activia yoghurts advert featuring Gok Wan really has me reaching for the "off" button on the remote control.

I don't understand Gok Wan's mass popularity. I find him very irritating and fake.

I liked Martine McCutcheon on the adverts much more.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,483
    Forum Member
    TracerTong wrote: »
    Al Pacino and Sky!

No no NOOOOOO!

Is that who that is :eek:
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Tic-Tacs advert, now I quite like Tic-Tacs but I would never put one in my mouth, lick my lips and say 'Mmmmm'. They're not exactly the most succulent or moorish thing to eat. :confued:
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »

I thought this was a joke as he looks nothing like Al Pacino, just a very old skinny wrinkled ugly little man....omg couldn't believe it when I realised it was Al :o:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Revlon advert for the Colourstay lipstick - the model looks like she has inches of makeup on.....really powdery face.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Not a gripe as such, but the advert for Dacia cars just came on...they've missed an absolute trick not getting James May to do the voiceover!:D
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helicase wrote: »
    Just seen an ASDA advert that portrayed 1997 as really old fashioned - looked more like the end of the 80s. Wtf?

I agree. I can only presume someone at the ad agency mis-heard and thought it said 1987 rather than 1997. The ad has people in ugly ill-fitting shell suits, girls with sideways ponytails and garish make-up, nothing like the late 90s at all.
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand Gok Wan's mass popularity. I find him very irritating and fake.

I liked Martine McCutcheon on the adverts much more.

Whereas I found McCutcheon more irritating and fake.
    Not a gripe as such, but the advert for Dacia cars just came on...they've missed an absolute trick not getting James May to do the voiceover!:D

Good news!
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nutrigrain granola slices.

I feel I need say no more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    I agree. I can only presume someone at the ad agency mis-heard and thought it said 1987 rather than 1997. The ad has people in ugly ill-fitting shell suits, girls with sideways ponytails and garish make-up, nothing like the late 90s at all.

I saw this last night and said the exact same thing! The Deirdre Barlow girl at the checkout...??
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The vision express ad, and the annoying music that goes with it.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »

It hurts my eyes looking at that advert.
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New Go Compare ad .... why why why?? :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Most advertising aimed at women is horrible. Fake beauty science or delirious levels of joy promised from eating breakfast candy/chocolates or yogurt, while apparently living in constant fear of shitting or pissing themselves whenever they leave the house. I'm glad I'm a bloke.

Also, I knew there was something creepy about these ads then someone pointed it out ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXK5x7djC3Q
  • Invent MeridianInvent Meridian Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The interior fittings seems to be like it is was in 1997 though; italic brush font in white on a black background, the ASDA Price logo (although the ASDA logo itself looks rather odd as it is the current logo with a white outline), the uniforms seem about right apart from the aforementioned logo. The till seems to be the same in both eras, well that's progress for you. Maybe it would be more realistic if a stone with an engraved ASDA Price logo was visible, I seem to remember these from that period.

I agree about the clothing though, it is very mid 1980s. The late 1990s was not that much different to today in my opinion, I know I still wear the same type of clothing (not ladies obviously).

Regardless of the above, I believe ASDA was far better in 1997 than it is now. Come on ASDA, use the proper tune and jingle, you know you want to.
    Forum Member
    Tess Daley in the L'Oréal ad with her 'New Voice' :rolleyes:

Vanish in a box. What a load of rubbish!
    Forum Member
    China Girl wrote: »

Is that the one with the cameras on their heads? That makes me feel sick for some reason :o
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Also, I knew there was something creepy about these ads then someone pointed it out ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXK5x7djC3Q

I don't understand this. :confused::(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Angela F wrote: »

It's really clever how they make it sound as if it has health benefits that it doesn't. Horrible ad'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »

I thought it was Bruce Willis! :eek:
    Must be another ad'!
    :D:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

+1 for this.... although clearly they'll need to change the name of their company to accomdate his pronunciation :D
  • SuddenEliteSuddenElite Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Justabloke wrote: »
    +1 for this.... although clearly they'll need to change the name of their company to accomdate his pronunciation :D

x2 - why on earth didn't they get May to do it?!

(they referenced that pronunciation thing on Top Gear's last series if I remember correctly!)
This discussion has been closed.