SCD Week 6 (Halloween) Discussion Thread - Sat 6.30pm/Sun 7.20pm

cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,271
Forum Member
✭✭
As announced elsewhere on the forum, one of Claudia's children is unwell and Zoe Ball will be co-hosting tonight.

Dances:
Alison & Aljaz - American Smooth to "Wuthering Heights" by Kate Bush
Caroline & Pasha - Samba to "Le Freak" by Chic
Frankie & Kevin - Tango to "Defying Gravity" from Wicked
Jake & Janette - Paso Doble to "Black Betty" by Ram Jam
Judy & Anton - American Smooth to "Cruella De Vil" from 101 Dalmatians
Mark & Karen - Jive to "Prologue" from Little Shop of Horrors
Pixie & Trent - Tango to "Danger! High Voltage" by Electric Six
Scott & Joanne - Foxtrot to the theme from The Addams Family
Simon & Kristina - Paso Doble to "Poison" by Alice Cooper
Steve & Ola - Charleston to "Dem Bones Dem Bones" by Kay Starr
Sunetra & Brendan - Jive to "Tainted Love" by Gloria Jones

I've just noticed there's only one song previously used on a Halloween show this year (apart from one used as a group dance), which is better going than three recycled-from-Halloween songs last year.

Comments

• bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have though Michael Jackson's Thriller would have been a good choice for one of the boys. (Not Scott)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9RKwlF_MXE
  • jiver51jiver51 Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Everyone, just logging on before I have my tea. Good Luck to Zoe and that Claudia is back next week after her child recovers.:)
  • brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all, im looking forward to Zoe on the show tonight, i do like Claudia though but i'll be interested to see how Zoe copes.

I just read an article in Dailymail about Simon. Seems he was very depressed and contemplated suicide before Strictly! Not sure about the timing of this article though?
  • Major ChudleyMajor Chudley Posts: 4,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evenin all. Adore Halloween week, hope the pros have a good dance lined up for 'Sunday' to make up for the barn fiasco
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oopps :blush:
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi all, im looking forward to Zoe on the show tonight, i do like Claudia though but i'll be interested to see how Zoe copes.

I just read an article in Dailymail about Simon. Seems he was very depressed and contemplated suicide before Strictly! Not sure about the timing of this article though?

the last thing strictly needs to do is go down the road of other shows with the sob stories - another article somewhere about Pixie and her brother. Feel for Simon if he has depression cos it is not easy and he has had a bad few years with bankrupcy and whatnot but the timing of the article seems a tad off.

On a lighter note the Daily Mirror says Judy is to have dalmations and a flying car and is a big number - so that is where this weeks show budget went then:D
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will really miss Claud tonight but of course, she needs to be where she is needed, at home with her sick child. I really hope the little one gets better soon.

I do like Zoe. I will enjoy tonight but probably less than I would were Claud there. I am looking forward to seeing all the Halloween interpretations in the dances!
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Pixie's costume for tonight is extraordinary - I'm thinking lit light bulbs of some description !
  • Cheryl423Cheryl423 Posts: 1,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seaside lady - I hope you heard that from me ! It truly is. I hope the dance matches it because both Pixie and Trent look phenom ( as Darcey would say)!

I love Halloween week - it's easily my favourite apart from the final - and it's easy to see the care and attention that has gone into making all of the celebs and their partners look amazing tonight. Bring it on !
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl423 wrote: »
    Seaside lady - I hope you heard that from me ! It truly is. I hope the dance matches it because both Pixie and Trent look phenom ( as Darcey would say)!
    !

Yes Cheryl - I also remember Zoe hinting on ITT about her costume being " electric " or something, and the song is Danger ! High Voltage - stands to reason then !! Can't wait, she'll look amazing :)
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to heard Claudia's child is ill, and I hope he/she gets well soon. I'll miss Claudia, but I like Zoe too. (Unfortunately, the thread about Zoe replacing Claudia tonight has too much criticism of Zoe and Claudia for me. I hope this tread doesn't go the same way.)

Anyway ... I'm looking forward to tonight's show. :)
  • brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im hoping that Zoe comes up with another question to ask Sunetra than 'your so busy working' or something to that effect!
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello everyone !
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evening all and thanks for the thread. :)

I hope Claudia's little one is better very soon. :(
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all.

Ready for some sassy fierce dancing!

Scott to go!!!
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Running late again
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    evening all
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    Good evening!
  • Omniconsumer93Omniconsumer93 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here we go everyone!
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is Andy in the audience?
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh dammit, I forgot about the ridiculous VTs we get this week...
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mrs Cook presenting with Mrs Kay today

Get well soon, Claudia's kid
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Ooooh, a trial run for Zoe, this should be good. Will be nice to see her a bit dressed up too.
  • ForerroRocherForerroRocher Posts: 10,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all.

This ought to be an interesting night.

Halloween is always such a joy. /sarcasm. :p:D
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    Boo!!!