Doctor who 50th- Cinema Release

2»

Comments

• shortcrustshortcrust Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £10 is a lot of money to some people.

Plus as I said the closest 3D screen is 40 miles away that means I would be gone most of the day and when I don't even have time to see a film at the cinema 5 mins away going there is impossible plus with the ticket price it would cost at least £20.

I can see a lot of people thinking the same in a time where a lot of people are short of money that paying to see something what is airing free maybe something they are not willing to do.

But as I also said if they made a big deal of it and aired a few old episodes to then it may be more worth it

Again, fair enough.:) However, at the risk of sounding like Iain Duncan Smith, is £20 really a prohibitive sum of money considering it's not until the end of November? Pop a pound a week in a jar and you'll even have money for some popcorn and a drink!

Of course, if you don't think it's worth it you don't have to go. Attendance isn't mandatory! And despite the above I do appreciate that it might be too much for some people, especially those with large families in tow. The point I was making is that lots of people can spare the cash and fully intend to do so. It's fine that this doesn't appeal to every fan. It doesn't have to and not doing so doesn't make it a rubbish idea.

Showing old episodes is a great idea, but probably after the special rather than before, despite (I suspect) that being the wrong way round for most of us here. The majority of the people I'll be going with would be mortified at sitting through Classic Who.:( Their loss of course, but that's the reality of it.