Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• NoxyNoxy Posts: 5,578
    Forum Member
    Wryip wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the character of Matt was killed off because the actor wanted to leave, or because the producers had always planned for that to happen to facilitate the Brad and Lauren affair. It certainly seemed convenient to pushing the storyline forwards. Lauren will have to get with Brad eventually I'd imagine because the likelihood is Amber and Paige wont be here this time next year and that will make the character of Lauren redundant if not paired off.

I asked him that on Twitter around the time he left - and he admitted he'd been axed!
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noxy wrote: »
    I asked him that on Twitter around the time he left - and he admitted he'd been axed!

To be fair he was beyond boring and more than a bit wooden.
  • B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »

I thought so too, at first but by the time he left I thought he'd loosened up a lot. But there wasn't that much scope for the character beyond family and work, I think they would have struggled to find storylines for him.
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »

He was in the main, but when Matt went rogue he became so much more interesting, and I can't help thinking that was a wasted opportunity. The actor seems like a real gent though. But Matt was very isolated, and this is a bit of a problem for Neighbours.
  • retrovertigoretrovertigo Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    So someone advertises the exacts same bikes and tools for sale and there is NOTHING Mark can do? At all? he can't go plain clothes and look at the bikes? You don't need a search warrant when someone is offering something to you surely?

I think even Inspector Clouseau could have cracked that case.

Eugh...just seen the clip for tomorrow and Lucas. Couldn't stand him. Always baffled me why they chose a decidedly average looking guy but who all the women wanted.

Jimmy is still creepy.
    Forum Member
    So someone advertises the exacts same bikes and tools for sale and there is NOTHING Mark can do? At all? he can't go plain clothes and look at the bikes? You don't need a search warrant when someone is offering something to you surely?

Eugh...just seen the clip for tomorrow and Lucas. Couldn't stand him. Always baffled me why they chose a decidedly average looking guy but who all the women wanted.

Jimmy is still creepy.

Because Lucas is a really good actor, and looks aren't everything. Yes, Jimmy is like a marionette on crack! :o
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are we one hundred percent sure Creepy Jimmy isn't Micheal Jackson reincarnated (the white version, obvs).
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Lucas back for good and Vanessa?
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,293
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »

I don't think so - just a couple of weeks?
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »

As Lucas owns the garage and the guy who plays him is a director on Neighbours, I think it's likely Lucas will be a recurring character for the forseeable future, but I doubt we'll see much of Vanessa. However, if Jason Herbison has any brains, he'll bring them both back for good!
  • WryipWryip Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't help feeling that the character of Amy is such a let down. Giving her a brat of a child, and making her friends with Sonya, and the immediate romance with Kyle just seems to have wasted any potential the character may have had. Would have been nice to see her interact more with Paul, and be more of a moral conscience. It isn't a problem with the actress she was fine in Packed to the Rafters but I can't help thinking Jimmy and to a lesser extent Sonya and Kyle are dragging the character down
  • Tweety PieTweety Pie Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wryip wrote: »
    I can't help feeling that the character of Amy is such a let down. Giving her a brat of a child, and making her friends with Sonya, and the immediate romance with Kyle just seems to have wasted any potential the character may have had. Would have been nice to see her interact more with Paul, and be more of a moral conscience. It isn't a problem with the actress she was fine in Packed to the Rafters but I can't help thinking Jimmy and to a lesser extent Sonya and Kyle are dragging the character down

Amy was originally meant to come in pretending she was someone else to get revenge on Paul for neglecting her over the years but then they did the similar storyline with Paige pretending to be someone else. That may have been more interesting but I don't mind her character as she is.
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Give it a rest for just one day Sonya ffs.
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Lucas reacting with doey eyes to his old friend mark then immediate glaring at tyler was pretty funny through his first scene.

Oooh yay good Brennan, booo bad brennan x 5
  • Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jimmy is still creepy.

Agreed about Lucas, never really got it. Plus I remembered him from when he was in Heartbreak High!!
  • ChzzaChzza Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed about Lucas, never really got it. Plus I remembered him from when he was in Heartbreak High!!

I love lucas. I also loved him in heartbreak high, even though he was a bad boy
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member

I remember him when he played Darren Stark (and when he was in Home and Away).
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,686
    Forum Member
    I would have thought Saint Sonya would have enough on her plate without interfering with Lucas' life. Ringing Vanessa to interfere and potentially cause trouble? What a bitch! :mad: i hope someone puts her in her place one day.
  • ChzzaChzza Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elliecat wrote: »
    I remember him when he played Darren Stark (and when he was in Home and Away).

I remember him as Darren too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised at Amber sticking her nose into Paige's relationship based on 2 out of context photos suggesting she may be with the wrong person considering the situation with her mum, her own current situation and the fact it was photographs that contributed to the end of her and Josh's relationship.

I liked Paige's stance she and Tyler are just friends and I hope they don't change this as besides Karl and Susan and Toadie and Sonya everyone else seems to have interchangeable partners

I was on holiday last week so bulk watched the last week and a half this morning. Neighbours really is great at the moment and I can't wait for Steph's return!
  • Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Paige has good chemistry with both brothers but I would rather she stayed with Mark than continue the triangle cheating pattern. It's more interesting if they don't succumb. Surely Amber shouldn't be encouraging her either!

Lucas has just reappeared in Aussie episodes so I think we can expect him to have recurring status now. There's quite a big selection of past characters that seem to have this status now although it's been a while since we've seen Lucy. I would like to see her drop in with the baby and it was a missed opportunity for her not to be part of Naomi's exit storyline.
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Towie1977 wrote: »
    I think Paige has good chemistry with both brothers but I would rather she stayed with Mark than continue the triangle cheating pattern. It's more interesting if they don't succumb. Surely Amber shouldn't be encouraging her either!

Lucas has just reappeared in Aussie episodes so I think we can expect him to have recurring status now. There's quite a big selection of past characters that seem to have this status now although it's been a while since we've seen Lucy. I would like to see her drop in with the baby and it was a missed opportunity for her not to be part of Naomi's exit storyline.

I'm surprised there has been no mention of Lucy's baby from Paul or Daniel she must surely have had it by now? Wasn't it around January time she and Chris left and she was already pregnant then? When they brought back Mal Kennedy last year and he revealed his wife was pregnant they remembered 9 months later and had Karl and Susan receive texts and photos of the baby.
  • chrismcgregor42chrismcgregor42 Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Has Ben left for good. I thought he was a regular cast member?
  • lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give it a rest for just one day Sonya ffs.

Didn't take her long to shove her nose in, did it? And she even told people Lucas was gambling before she knew whether or not it was true!
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,686
    Forum Member
    Didn't take her long to shove her nose in, did it? And she even told people Lucas was gambling before she knew whether or not it was true!

Not to mention her than interrogating Vanessa and demanding why they hadn't told HER. Reminds me of when Bridget boyhair demanded to know about Ringo's eating disorder on the basis that she fancied him. Would have thought Sonya would have enough to worry about without nose poking!
This discussion has been closed.