If DJ Talent had gone on this year instead of last he might have won ...

aussie_dave_aussie_dave_ Posts: 717
Forum Member
✭✭
Absolutely dire when the standout is just some average busker who people are kidding is the next 'big thing'.

Comments

• tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking the same as I watched the dreary "talent" this series. DJ Talent would have raised the bar considerably.

What's worse, hasn't the winning act usually been featured in the first episode each year?
  • aussie_dave_aussie_dave_ Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking the same as I watched the dreary "talent" this series. DJ Talent would have raised the bar considerably.

What's worse, hasn't the winning act usually been featured in the first episode each year?

This is the thing, every show opens with a bang. Have a look at The Cube, whoever starts always gets a load of money. they want to open with a winner! and if a busker with a guitar is as good as it gets, then the rest of the series is going to be very poor.

I read that the producers were actively encouraging known acts on the entertainment circuit to audition because the talent level was so poor this year.
  • batman.batman. Posts: 8,906
    Forum Member
    Yes, we have seen ALL of this years talent already, of course....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    batman. wrote: »
    Yes, we have seen ALL of this years talent already, of course....

If the bell ringers were as good as it gets we probably have.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    There was not much talent last year for a start and we have seen only ONE audition so far. Give this year's show a chance first!
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Spelbound featured on the second episode last year. i'm pretty sure Diversity didn't feature until we were a few auditions in either. Same with George Sampson if I recall.

Come on people, it's been 1 show. There's plenty more time for other talented acts to be made known for us. As I recall, episode 1 last year was dire, but we had a not-too-bad final.
  • iloathedanniiiloathedannii Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All right, the winner was on the second episode last year BUT the first episode included three of the finalists:

Kieran Gaffney

Tina and Chandi

Tobias Mead

And that's including the third place winner, Kieran.

If there were three prospective finalists in Saturday night's show, BGT is in big trouble.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All right, the winner was on the second episode last year BUT the first episode included three of the finalists:

Kieran Gaffney

Tina and Chandi

Tobias Mead

And that's including the third place winner, Kieran.

If there were three prospective finalists in Saturday night's show, BGT is in big trouble.

Thanks, ILD. I was a fan of Tobias. I thought he deserved a top 3 placement last series.

Of the acts on opening night this year, no one compared to the comparable bill last year except the dogs act. And that was basically Tina and Chandi x 2.