Amy in the 'haunted house'

2»

Comments

• CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    Maybe the "huge drain on power" is why

The Huge drain on power didn't seem to effect the Tardis at all during the two parter, so why not just land it cloaked all the time, or just incase?:)

Or maybe the huge power drain is why they had to wait 3 days instead of skipping them, the Tardis needed to recharge, but it wasn't said as far as I can recall.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Could this be yet another paradox?

the Doctor has taught River how to fly the TARDIS, she then has to teach him so he can teach her to teach him to teach her &c...

I meanm after 900 years he should have half a clue yet she seems to know more than him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if the young girl is indeed Amy's baby, as we're supposed to think at the moment then surely the whole pregnancy, birth and I suppose the time for the girl to get to the age she is or appears is going to have to happen in a storyline we aren't privy to until the reveal <gasp>, otherwise we'd notice. (I'd be quite happy to see the conception mind.
    That would fit with the out-of-time orphanage. Perhaps the fake TARDIS is kind of inside out, and manipulates time around it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Also, it is impossible to keep up with every thread on here, so I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I certainly have yet to see it...

That room in the orphanage was either Amy's bedroom from S5E1 or a duplicate of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CmdrBond wrote: »
    Also, it is impossible to keep up with every thread on here, so I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I certainly have yet to see it...

That room in the orphanage was either Amy's bedroom from S5E1 or a duplicate of it.

I thought exactly the same thing.

Just as the crack in Amelia's wall had such a profound effect on Amy - she brought things back that had been wiped from existence, maybe being pregnant whilst travelling in the TARDIS will have a similar effect on the child. Amy's already said as much . I don't suppose anyone's travelled in the TARDIS up the duff before so it would probably come as a surprise to the Doctor also
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moffat's dug a huge hole for himself IMO. There's no way he can give us a satisfying story explanation for what went on in DotM. Absolutely no way! We're just gonna have to swallow it when the time comes for the 'reveal'.

The girl is at least part Time Lord. What I'm thinking is that she won't change her appearance when she regenerates because she isn't fully Time Lord. She'll just repair herself. The space suit repairs itself...hmmm.
  • Don't BlinkDon't Blink Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Moffat's dug a huge hole for himself IMO. There's no way he can give us a satisfying story explanation for what went on in DotM. Absolutely no way! We're just gonna have to swallow it when the time comes for the 'reveal'.

The girl is at least part Time Lord. What I'm thinking is that she won't change her appearance when she regenerates because she isn't fully Time Lord. She'll just repair herself. The space suit repairs itself...hmmm.

I have faith in him, he's a genius in my opinion. I can't wait for him to dazzle everyone come the finale.
  • col bcol b Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Back to the subject of the thread,i too thought amy had been in the house for a while as the walls all said get out or something which i believe she wrote although they want us to think it was the caretaker.She also activated her recorder which said the same words.
    Very confusing why the caretaker thought it was still 1967 though and also that he was protecting the child for the silence.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's had the Tardis for 900+ years and didn't know how to do it so why would he suddenly know now?

He did it in the Invasion. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else think that Renfrew thinking it was a different date is more than just him being disturbed?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linz69 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think that Renfrew thinking it was a different date is more than just him being disturbed?

Probably!

I also don't understand how Amy had a load of marks on her when she was taken from the haunted house and then when we next see her she has none on her.