morrisons chicken

hanndavhanndav Posts: 2,809
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I keep walking past the cooked chicken area and thinking hmmm. Not the whole chicken but the KFC style. I've often fancied trying it as I love KFC. Has anyone tried it and is it any good?

Comments

• diablodiablo Posts: 8,300
    Forum Member
    I've tried it a couple of times when they've been closing up for the night and offered it cheap.

It's better than Asda, which isn't saying much. But Tesco do the only really good supermarket version.

It may vary by area of course.
  • QuickbloodQuickblood Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do not touch their chicken or meat when they're closing up, it's awful. I've been subjected the driest inedible chicken & Pork I've ever had in my life because I decided to buy it an hour before closing.

In my local you gotta get in there before 7pm and wait for the ones that just come out of the oven, they're the best. The others sit around for ages and dry out. Bleurhh!
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diablo wrote: »
    I've tried it a couple of times when they've been closing up for the night and offered it cheap.

It's better than Asda, which isn't saying much. But Tesco do the only really good supermarket version.

It may vary by area of course.

I really like the Asda southern fried chicken. Everyone's tastes vary i suppose. I have never had the Morrisons one I don't think.

On a slightly related not though I can't stand the chicken from the rotisserie in morrissons. It is ALWAYS dry even if its fresh out of the oven. Asda is better, especially the garlic one.
  • QuickbloodQuickblood Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FeNerd wrote: »
    It is ALWAYS dry even if its fresh out of the oven.

Sooo not true, you need to have word with the manager it needn't be like that.
    Both my local Morrison's do fantastic Chicken if you get there at the right time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best time is first thing in the morning or just before lunch time. We get the chicken (hot & spicy Mmmm) occasionally and the OH likes the bacon ribs. Tried the Asda one's, wouldn't recommend it, but then I wouldn't recommend anything from Asda anyway.
  • MrDaBoss7MrDaBoss7 Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    I will always remember going into my local Morrisons and leaving later on feeling extremely hungry, because I saw the area where the chickens were being spun around and roasted in the ovens! :cool:

I remember when I used to be at college, I was on my lunch break, and I fancied getting something from Morrisons, and ended up getting quite a size-able piece of roast chicken which was the most loveliest tasting piece of roast chicken I could ever remember having! :cool: