What do you want to see in the next COD (8)?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,666
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As the title said. With Black Ops being out for a couple months, I'm enjoying it however it isn't as much fun as MW2 imo.
Anyway some of the things I would like to see are;
  • New Perks! (BO just repeated MW2 perks:yawn:)
  • More Variety in Maps. Night time & weather effects.
  • Get rid of the currency system.
  • Better respawns
  • Destructible Environments
  • Vehicles:o
  • Better Reward System
Any other ideas for what people would like to see in the next COD?:)

ps. I know it's still months before the next one will be out.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    • Get rid of that annoying blood splatter when you're shot and go back to the COD4 style.
    • Online Co op like in W@W (not sure if MW2 or BO has this)
    • No dogs
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    • Online co-op
    • New Perks
    • PS3 version that works on day 1
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    • Get rid of that annoying blood splatter when you're shot and go back to the COD4 style.
    • Online Co op like in W@W (not sure if MW2 or BO has this)
    • No dogs

The dogs terrified me in BO and W@W and I was never good enough to get my own, but enjoyed killing everyone elses, they were easier to shoot than humans! But they should defo stay, makes a change from constant ariel bombardment, you have a fighting chance against a dog but none against a spawn zapping chopper gunner. :p

After saying all that I doubt very much I'll be playing the next cod, but BO maybe making a reappearance.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    • Online co-op
    • New Perks
    • PS3 version that works on day 1

Agree with that tho I believe its not as bad now. :)
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    Agree with that tho I believe its not as bad now. :)

9 times out of 10 it works now. When it doesn't it takes forever for it to finally work.

And for you last you need to edit it. It is making a reappearance not maybe;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    1) Free Multiplayer (if there's a forced subscription, i aint buying it)

2) A better single player campaign (with a less sweary script. I'm no prude, but BO's use of the F word was just ridiculous)

3) No "second chance" perk (Or at least make it more realistic, i.e. if you get shot in the legs you can still shoot/crawl while on the floor, but get shot above the waist and you stay dead)

4) Improve the graphics, BO was a step backward from MW2 imo.

5) More interactive multiplayer maps/Battlefield style building destruction (i.e. more stuff along the lines of Discovery's destructible bridges that changes the lay out of the map).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My changes would be
    • Remove the splatter effect of blood on screen as MGS4SnakeRulez stated (I seen the early released vids from mw2 and hoped it would be removed before the final version)
    • Remove Second Chance/Last Stand - worst perk ever invented
    • IW to put a delay on tubes at the start of rounds like 3arc
    • Hardcore Moshpit playlist to be their from day one
    • Continue the Theater mode and C.O.D points (it lowers boosting imo)
    • Remove the NUKE or any automatic winning killstreak - it just ruins the game.
    • Deadicated servers
    • Create more Spec Op mission (they were a blast i thought - enjoyed it more than Zombies)
    • Reduce QS by increasing the time for the of looking down the snipes
    • Keep the customability via the emblems/facepaint etc - but ACTUALLY monitor them to reduce the nazi and female body parts - arrghh!

I have no issue with the single player, just keep it grounded and semi realistic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Add to the list; new killstreaks and attachments which will be used. i.e. No one uses Valkyrie Rockets or Masterkey.
    Mr Obseen wrote:
    Remove Second Chance/Last Stand - worst perk ever invented

Agreed! Hate that perk. No need for it.
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just keep it free!
  • jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dedicated servers and mods.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a 24/CTU kind of setup - SpecOps based games are getting boring.

More choice and mix of maps, from urban to more open maps with a mixture of no sniper and sniper only specs.
  • McLovin85McLovin85 Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decent maps. Love the ones on first COD4 and not seen anything like them since.

That's all I ask for...I'm not fussy :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    No dogs.
    No vehicles - the tanks in W@W put me off that game.
    No currencies and buying of things.
    BO has an extra thing where you buy extra challenges to complete - there are three you can do at a time. This is too much. Get rid of it!
    In BO when you are selecting your guns for your classes, you can't access the challenges for that gun at the same time, like you could with MW2 (by pressing square), which is really annoying for me.
    I love the wager matches on BO, so please keep them!
    Free online play.
    Ability to report people cheating?
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    + Keep zombies in a modern warfare game!
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the contracts. I check them out as soon as they expire or are completed to see what I can do next. I feel it ADDS to the game
  • tommyd1258tommyd1258 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    Not bothered what's in it, I've decided not to keep buying the 'latest' COD game. Black Ops is fine for me and I think I'll get Battlefield 3 this year to make a change.
  • SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get rid of Second Chance, Noob tubes, Bring back the AC130, remove the useless killstreaks like SAM Turrets and Mortar Strike..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    BO has an extra thing where you buy extra challenges to complete - there are three you can do at a time. This is too much. Get rid of it!

I actually really like the daily Contracts, even though i never spend the currency, it still gives you a bit more of an objective/incentive to play against your usual style. You don't HAVE to do them anyway, so i don't see why you'd be so against them being in the next game.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see team work rewarded better.

Eveyone in domination and capture the flag camps,so i would like to see a cap in domination add 2 to you kill streak.

For example if you are on 4 kills and you help capture 'A' you are now up to a 6 kill streak.This would be excluded on the first cap to stop the entire team getting 2 kill streaks at the start of a round.

I think it would help premote more team work and make objective points seem more important. I'm getting fed up with losing games and finding that i'm the only player with more than 1 capture when the game ends, or playing sabotage and having kids have a pop at me because i'm actually playing to win the game.
  • LastlaughLastlaugh Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the currency way of getting things. And I like the contracts, so I'd like them kept.

And I like the dogs. Even though I can never get them. Lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keep the contracts and the wager matches from Black Ops, they're a hoot. Spent about 5 hours on them at a friends last night, we just rotated amongst the three of us on Gun Game.

When it comes to sniper rifles, if you shoot someone in the leg from a distance, it shouldn't kill them but should knock them down, or make them move a lot slower or something, because at the moment you can snipe someone in a small gap, but they can just continue running off. Shots above the waste from a shotgun or sniper rifle should be one shot kills really.

I'd also say 20 maps should be the target to keep variety up. 1 very small, 6 smallish, 6 medium, 6 large-ish and then a huge one, and you should be able to choose what size map you'd prefer, because getting Jungle on FFA means that it's very rare someone wins the game unless they get a chopper gunner and no one has rockets.

Not fussed about zombies particularly, but it's a nice addition, I don't imagine we'll see it on 8 purely because it isn't a Treyarch game. The Spec Ops missions were okay, but I'd rather they included a co-op mode for the campaign if they can only fit one form of co-op on there.

If zombies IS there then PLEASE can there be a 4-player split screen version of it, because it's damn frustrating not being able to do that.

Jeez, I sound like a right moany bast*rd!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Id love to see martyrdom back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ......... some effort and not a clone :p
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smiirky wrote: »
    Get rid of Second Chance, Noob tubes, Bring back the AC130, remove the useless killstreaks like SAM Turrets and Mortar Strike..

Usless if you only play TDM maybe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As the title said. With Black Ops being out for a couple months, I'm enjoying it however it isn't as much fun as MW2 imo.
    Anyway some of the things I would like to see are;
    • New Perks! (BO just repeated MW2 perks:yawn:)
    • More Variety in Maps. Night time & weather effects.
    • Get rid of the currency system.
    • Better respawns
    • Destructible Environments
    • Vehicles:o
    • Better Reward System
    Any other ideas for what people would like to see in the next COD?:)

ps. I know it's still months before the next one will be out.

Much more into the campaign rather than multiplayer myself.

Decent Story Line, Few decent Characters, Takes a few days to complete. That's enough for me.