Options

VIACOM (CBS) now own c5... neighbours will be axed for sure!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met quite a few Australians on a cruise last week and most of them say that Neighbours and H&A are tripe with very poor ratings and cant understand why they are popular over here

Well that's not true. In Australia its very rare for Home And Away to not win the 7pm slot and its always in the weekly top 10 shows.
  • Options
    Tindie_BaisTindie_Bais Posts: 2,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they do axed it's they should bring back sunset beach, well It's used to come on at time before!
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    If they do axed it's they should bring back sunset beach, well It's used to come on at time before!
    They don't own the rights to Sunset Beach. Viacom and CBS parted ways, and it's CBS who now own Sunset Beach.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »
    They don't own the rights to Sunset Beach. Viacom and CBS parted ways, and it's CBS who now own Sunset Beach.

Hopefully one day they will put it on their drama channel. I'm surprised they haven't already given how popular they know it was in the UK. Surely it can't rate any worse than Knots Landing?
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    Really? Such as? :)
    Chris Lilley series for one, ill be honest I cant think of any others.
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    Hopefully one day they will put it on their drama channel. I'm surprised they haven't already given how popular they know it was in the UK. Surely it can't rate any worse than Knots Landing?
    What are the numbers for KL?

Seems like Judge Judy is CBS-D's most watched show, even though it seems to rate highly for CBS-R as well. KL is surely better than Judge Judy? I remember watching KL on BBC1 when I was a kid. I'm sure KL would rate better if CBS-D had a Freeview slot. But for some reason they decided CBS-R (clogged with Judge Judy marathons) would be better placed on Freeview. Go figure.

Anyway, people have asked CBS-D to air Sunset Beach, but so far they keep refusing. Interesting, Polish CBS-D has just started rerunning the show in Poland.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    both neighbours and h&a have had a bloody good run, it is unheard of for aussie soaps to clock up 30yrs, they have done well if they get past 5 years. perhaps when neighbours reaches its 30th birthday it will be time to stop. :)
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    both neighbours and h&a have had a bloody good run, it is unheard of for aussie soaps to clock up 30yrs, they have done well if they get past 5 years. perhaps when neighbours reaches its 30th birthday it will be time to stop. :)
    not sure soaps have a natural place to stop, unless the ratings make them totally undeniable, which is not the case.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Five help pay for production costs then they will get money back from sales, it might be quite lucrative