Options

Christmas Tree

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
Forum Member
I need to buy a new Christmas tree this year but not sure where to get one. I've bought a small real tree which is very pretty but need a big tree to go along with it. Anyone have any suggestions on where I could get a decent one fairly cheaply?

Comments

• Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    I think a little clarification would help here, please. Are we talking about real trees or faux ones? If it's the latter than large supermarkets and DIY stores should have a good range and if it's the former then I'd suggest doing a google search for local Christmas tree suppliers, such as farms, nurseries, etc. and see what they have to offer.
  • Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argos.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm looking at getting an artifical tree... apologies I should have put that in the post.
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a fake tree last year from Homebase for £49 - it was one of those new types that have plastic realistic needles in the branches rather than bottle green tinsel. It looked good in the store unadorned, and when decorated and lit up it was stunning. I see that type are now all over the place, so you should get one pretty easily from a DIY store or someplace like John Lewis.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheap fake trees look awful in my opinion. Saying that some of the more expensive ones that I have seen this year look quite cheap too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks Seasidelady!!! I'll have a wee look in there for one.
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're actually best waiting until January to buy one. We bought one three years ago in the January sales - reduced from £189.99 to £29.95
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    If you have an Ikea near to you buy a tree off them for £25 and get a £20 voucher to spend in the new year. Unless there's nothing in Ikea that you'd ever consider buying obviously.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    You're actually best waiting until January to buy one. We bought one three years ago in the January sales - reduced from £189.99 to £29.95

Ok. Christmas is normally December

Argos are pretty good as it gets late op
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok. Christmas is normally December

Argos are pretty good as it gets late op

Ah but it's Black Friday tomorrow! Lots of bargains if you stay up till midnight!

I was only saying what we did - we did with a small cheapo tree that year and gave it away to an old folks home the following year and then put up the discounted expensive one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all the help guys!!! I forgot about Black Friday so I'll look at that tomorrow and hopefully get something.
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    I absolutely love LOVE these trees: http://www.treetopia.co.uk/

I've got a huge black one which I'm going to shove up behind my sofa.
  • Options
    gasheadgashead Posts: 13,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    I absolutely love LOVE these trees: http://www.treetopia.co.uk/

I've got a huge black one which I'm going to shove up behind my sofa.
    TMI !! :o:o
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one for artificial trees myself. It's the lovely smell of the real ones as much as anything plus the ritual of going to choose one. But they can be expensive and messy. I have some decorative twisty bamboo sticks in a pot the year round and come Christmas festoon them with lights. Sorted. :D