The Voice UK - Ratings Thread

Comments

• Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Against absolutely nothing though.

I imagine a lot of people didn't realise it was on/people don't like it as much once blinds finish.

Well it was against two shows that rated over 4mil which is hardly nothing check before you post
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maggie_07 wrote: »
    I'll be interested to see the consolidated ratings next week as I think it will increase by more than a million during the week after some people realise they missed it on Sunday.

The second battle is third most popular behind the first battle and DW if that has any indication :)
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it was against two shows that rated over 4mil which is hardly nothing check before you post

Still against no real competition. Catchphrase and Rockers are hit/miss shows who rose on last week as viewers looked to find something else
  • gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    I think it was a case of people not knowing it was on.

The Battle's were so much better than last year though.

I loved them. People who say the Voice doesn't deserve good ratings are talking rubbish.

I love both the Voice and BGT. BGT is always going to be the ratings winner as it's much more established.
  • DianeDiane Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    7.05m (30.4%), and a peak of 7.8m. So, down on Saturday but still the highest rating show of the night.

Trounced by BGT which got 10:9m viewers.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was better last night. It deserved higher ratings. It will suffer from the fact that it is not on next week. Is there another round or is everyone who won their battle through to the live shows now
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    Diane wrote: »

Thats sundays rating...

And to be honest who gives a crap if BGT beats it?

Its been the highest rated show on BBC for the last month or so - yes its not beating BGT, its one show against everything else on TV - so perspective is good
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,143
    Forum Member
    I love both the Voice and BGT. BGT is always going to be the ratings winner as it's much more established.

BGT was doing much better in it's second series than The Voice is, but BGT's rating didn't fall off a cliff. Instead, they doubled across the week.

Should The Voice continue increasing, it should at least manage 10 million for the final.

Samuel has stated in the Ratings Thread that BBC have put the first live show on the Friday to avoid the BGT final!
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane wrote: »

"Trounced" ? So a higher number of people watched BGT than The Voice. Why does that matter to you so much? Different people watch different things.

The only reason I would like The Voice to get as high ratings as BGT is to avoid people coming on this forum just to say "Haha our ratings are bigger than yours". It's pathetic.
  • Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    Last Sunday's show consolidated to 7.82 - i.e. a lower figure than the overnight for the last Blind Audition. Bit awkward.

(I'm a huge fan of it btw.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zac Quinn wrote: »
    Last Sunday's show consolidated to 7.82 - i.e. a lower figure than the overnight for the last Blind Audition. Bit awkward.

Why is it awkward its still a good figure considering it was lower, plus the blinds always rate well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it awkward its still a good figure considering it was lower, plus the blinds always rate well

Scratch that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, where are you seeing that rating? I see 8.45m official rating for Sunday the 12th and 8.72 for Saturday on Wiki
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    Wait, where are you seeing that rating? I see 8.45m official rating for Sunday the 12th and 8.72 for Saturday on Wiki

Perhaps Wiki have got it wrong. On the BARB site they give 8.86 Saturday and 7.82 Sunday although the overnight for Sunday was 7.1 so it's strange that it's consolidated so low when it's usually 1 million higher. 8.45 seems more realistic. I can't remember if it was repeated the next day or not.

7.82 is still a good rating though and certainly not the lowest of the series. The way the BBC keep swopping the days and times around it's not surprising some weeks will be higher or lower than others.
  • wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonight the Voice clashes with the Champions League final, and Radio 1's Big Weekend is on BBC3. I expect this to have a negative impact on the ratings. We won't be watching it tonight.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it the ratings will probably be quite low tonight as they made some quite daft scheduling decisions. The two week break has meant the show has kind of lost momentum, and the 2 hour length meant it got a bit boring and I can imagine many people will have turned off. Plus as the poster above said, it has lots of competition in terms of other shows. It would have been much better if they had the first half of tonight's show on last sunday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    I think it the ratings will probably be quite low tonight as they made some quite daft scheduling decisions. The two week break has meant the show has kind of lost momentum, and the 2 hour length meant it got a bit boring and I can imagine many people will have turned off. Plus as the poster above said, it has lots of competition in terms of other shows. It would have been much better if they had the first half of tonight's show on last sunday.

I hope they don't drop to low :( although they probably, as it was a great show and in fairness if you look on the thread you will see that the show didn't drag as there was some great battles
    Forum Member
    wns_195 wrote: »
    Tonight the Voice clashes with the Champions League final, and Radio 1's Big Weekend is on BBC3. I expect this to have a negative impact on the ratings. We won't be watching it tonight.

Big Weekend won't dent it. The Champions League final, having just seen the result, may do so. But, we'll see in the morning.
    Forum Member
    Zac Quinn wrote: »

Probably owing to the fact that more people watch live on a Sunday, so less timeshifting - plus the fact that many people didn't know it was on on the Sunday?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Weekend won't dent it. The Champions League final, having just seen the result, may do so. But, we'll see in the morning.

It would be a real shame if the football dented it as I don't know if u watched it Hassaan but it was a great show
    Forum Member
    5.89m (29.7%), * peak: 6.53m (30.3%) at 21:00

I'm guessing both the football and the warm weather dented it. Or quite simply, the break has killed it's momentum.
  • jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm guessing both the football and the warm weather dented it. Or quite simply, the break has killed it's momentum.

football imo....i didnte ven watch it last night
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would say it was more down to the brake it seems to have killed a bit of the momentum plus if you look at the brake down for both the football wasn't much competition for it. So I would say the brake and weather dented it as there wasn't alot watching TV last night. Still on the positives it was the most watch show of the day and not many BBC shows get that figure still be nice to see if it can pick up again :)
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did the overnights last night compare to the previous episode and the very first episode of the series?
    Forum Member
    How did the overnights last night compare to the previous episode and the very first episode of the series?

The first episode of the series got 6.24m (26.9%) and a peak of 8.15m (35.1%). The previous episode (last Sunday) got 7.05m (30.4%) and peaked with 7.8m.

Five-minute breakdown:

19:10 - 4.64m (28.7%)
    19:15 - 4.83m (29.1%)
    19:20 - 4.92m (29.2%)
    19:25 - 5.22m (30.3%)
    19:30 - 5.34m (30.1%)
    19:35 - 5.51m (30.5%)
    19:40 - 5.45m (29.6%)
    19:45 - 5.51m (29.0%)
    19:50 - 5.64m (28.8%)
    19:55 - 5.85m (29.4%)
    20:00 - 5.92m (29.5%)