Options

Why is someone who is pregnant part of the stressful live shows?

welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
Forum Member
Just wondering, like.

Comments

• Options
    River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why shouldn't she be?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    River_Tam wrote: »
    Why shouldn't she be?

Are you serious? Even Cowell himself wouldn't put someone through in a previous year due to this.
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 or 3 months pregnant OK but 5 or 6 months? Hmmmm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxPgOLwVByY

Do they think because SeSe is in a group it'd be easier to get her under the radar? Imagine if she lost the baby due to the stress of performing on XF..it's more of a stupid decision which could come back to bite them than anything else.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,998
    Forum Member
    welshfoxy wrote: »
    Are you serious? Even Cowell himself wouldn't put someone through in a previous year due to this.

Cowell refused to put someone through because they were pregnant :confused: Who and what situation was this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cowell refused to put someone through because they were pregnant :confused: Who and what situation was this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxPgOLwVByY

"I mean, the stress that girl would have been under would have been unspeakable" - Simon Cowell, 2007 ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vast majority of women go thru pregnancies with no trouble at all.

If she starts to struggle at all she can quit, the group is unlikely to last more than a few weeks into the show anyway, they are a cannon fodder act not meant to make it to the final.
  • Options
    Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably just a bad decision on producers part.

I am disappointed in the other 2 bandmates for not at least attempting to perform as a duo.( In fairness, maybe they tried and weren't allo wed).

I hope the other acts join together and refuse to perform unless they all get an equivalent free pass for a choice they make each.

If she could have somehow managed to keep up and do what is expected of all the contestants, fine, but she just proved she couldn't and can't, and deserves no special treatment or sympathy.

I hope she and the baby will be well, and that she won't regret her choice, but she should be replaced and/or kicked out.Not for being pregnant, but for being unable to do what is required of her to continue for a reason that WAS within her control to choose.It probably won't happen, but it should.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    2 or 3 months pregnant OK but 5 or 6 months? Hmmmm

Far more likely to miscarry between 2-3 months than at 5-6 months pregnant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Another quote from Cowell on a previous pregnant contestant he refused to put through: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxPgOLwVByY

"You cannot put a competition like this or your ambition over the fact you're about to have a baby..it is crazy!"

Open and shut case.
  • Options
    topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its a difficult situation because if they had kicked her off after finding out she was preggers they could have found themselves with a major lawsuit. However if something happens to her as a result of the stress of live shows they could also be sued or have bad press.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Besides the fact that they are dire, being 6 months pregnant while on the X Factor live shows does seem insane to me. How can she do dance moves without harming the child? It's bad responsibility and frankly priorities from her.
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    Far more likely to miscarry between 2-3 months than at 5-6 months pregnant.

Any stage of a pregnancy is not ideal to come on to a show like this and yes miscarriages do happen between 2-3 months
  • Options
    Forum Member
    topcat3 wrote: »
    its a difficult situation because if they had kicked her off after finding out she was preggers they could have found themselves with a major lawsuit. However if something happens to her as a result of the stress of live shows they could also be sued or have bad press.

I didn't think of that, but you're probably right. Surely it's a rather unique situation though - the situation is inherently stressful, and the show strives on it so it is doubly so. And it's all live in front of the nation. Doesn't get worse than that, really. You're right, they were stuck between a rock and a hard place. Maybe it's proof Cowell doesn't take as much notice of the UK version in terms of detail anymore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having given her a place on the show, I think the producers would have been in an awkward legal position in refusing to let her take part in the competition just because she was pregnant. Different if she is finding the pregnancy and the show too difficult to manage, but she should be the one to make that decision unless the group gets voted off in the meantime, most acts that start aren't in the final anyway.

Probably find a new clause in future contracts, failure to
    disclose pregnancy results in disqualification from contest, unless that is technically illegal to put into contracts.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    Any stage of a pregnancy is not ideal to come on to a show like this and yes miscarriages do happen between 2-3 months
    That is what I am thinking. How can she rehearse for any big potential future dance moves? I think she should be taken off the show and let the other two finish the competition.
  • Options
    TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    She didnt tell them until she made live shows so at that point it would have been very difficult to tell the group they were getting kicked off for that reason.
  • Options
    jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im sorry but I agree with the OP and I agreed with Simon even back then. there's a few problems
    • its dangerous on the mums health and the babys health
    • what the hell is gunna happen if SeSe is performing in the final and her waters suddenly break?
    • This is gunna sound really horrible but if she sadly miscarriages or something goes wrong with the baby, i wouldnt be surprise if SeSe or her family goes to the papers and tries to blame x factor / itv

Im sorry, hate me all you want but I think its wrong and she should be elimated. it would be different if she was only a few weeks pregnant but shes due in January which means she's far gone already
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    all the contestants say that the process of the live shows is physically and emotionally exhausting but the media would have made a mountain out of a pregnant woman being sacked from the live shows before it started.

Girl bands with pregnant members can work and have worked but they were all established acts, Miss Dynamix aren't. Una and Rochelle were able to work till they dropped, Frankie wasn't - what happens if that happens to Sese?

It's too early for Miss Dynamix as a band to cope with a pregnant member.

What about the tour?

What if they were to win?

Sese is a producers nightmare. They couldn't eject her, she withheld the truth and now a collapse in the 2nd week. It's not fair on the other girls as this is their chance.

They need to let Sese rest, leave the band and draft Jade Ewen in pronto.
  • Options
    Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, not my interpretation at all. All of the above focuses on the welfare of the baby. In a commercial context, new artists are far less likely to be supported/promoted when in the mid stages of pregnancy, owing to the obvious interruption in their launch at the time of the birth. Why would any investor commit time, effort and money for the promo rounds and tours all to go suddenly on hold for 6 months, possibly longer?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She can just do less energetic dance routines? Not every act has massive dance routines anyway, and I think if she feels that she's capable of doing the show while pregnant, that's up to her. I'm a bit further gone than her and I'm still working on my feet for eight hours a day when I'm working and chasing a toddler around for 12 hours a day when I'm not, other than a bit of back pain occasionally I'm fine. I'm sure she would put the health of her baby first, demonstrated by the fact she went into hospital for an anxiety attack just to be sure everything was ok, and if she feels it's OK then that's down to her.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im sorry but I agree with the OP and I agreed with Simon even back then. there's a few problems
    • its dangerous on the mums health and the babys health
    • what the hell is gunna happen if SeSe is performing in the final and her waters suddenly break?
    • This is gunna sound really horrible but if she sadly miscarriages or something goes wrong with the baby, i wouldnt be surprise if SeSe or her family goes to the papers and tries to blame x factor / itv

Im sorry, hate me all you want but I think its wrong and she should be elimated. it would be different if she was only a few weeks pregnant but shes due in January which means she's far gone already

I don't hate you, and I don't think you should be sorry for your opinion either. I agree.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    dumb group anyway
  • Options
    Jessica_HambyJessica_Hamby Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is everyone blaming the show? Why can't she quit and audition again next year? She's making the decision to carry on, they're not forcing her. She could have fessed up when she was put into the band but she chose not to. That's not their fault.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Why would they bring in Jade Ewen to replace her, seems random no?